Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Plotting Day 9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 am 
Plans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm 
Hi all,

It's nice to be scummy with you all. Here's the news I bring.

- I had the Medkit. Daniel now has it. Josh is asking for it and I'm not sure I can plausibly refuse.

- Kim Beder is the second gravedigger. Gravedigger is the randomly duplicated role. Yesterday, I asked here to confirm the gravedigging that Enrique is Ironheart to waste another use of the power. Both gravediggers have one use of the power yet.

- I plan to start a lynch mob vs krue, who is the inspector, if Josh supports it.

- We now know the identities of all special roles except a Politician and an (inactive or dead?) Inspector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:36 pm 
Daniel says Josh is about to Mafia count. His Mafia count isn't that bad. He'll get an answer of 5. It will mean that both Dalton and Molly can't be Mafia. I tried to convince him yesterday that Molly might not be Mafia, and the conscripted investigator krue would say molly rather than the real killer because it actually makes her less suspicious.

I'm not sure. If he's for lynching krue, I'd like to keep him. I guess killing him would work fine since it lets us easily keep the Medkit, which he asked me for and I can't see how to plausibly refuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:42 pm 
Sent to Josh about his plan to gravedig Dalton:

TBH, I'm still for lynching Krue if Dalton found townie. I have been way more against krue all along that Dalton. The fact that she fingered a provable innocent (Saint) and no Framed was used (as we found Enrique, the only plausible user, to be town) make is really likely that she lied about that investigation result.

So, Dalton being Mafia/town would not change my decision. Would it make you decide things differently?

This is annoying. Daniel, please do kill him if you have an easy chance. MtP if you need. But, it's not vital.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm 
Just killed Josh. Manipulated the press to move it to black hole lounge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:28 pm 
Nicely done! That certainly "took care of" that "pesky issue we've been having".

Had Josh yet ordered a Mafia count and gotten the gravediggers to dig up Dalton?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:42 pm 
Nice job! You should probably text people about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm 
Definitely text people lol. Wow. Super efficient~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:42 pm 
Wait, I did send a text (to everybody but Alex, who I called.) Did you guys not get it.

I did do this somewhat sloppily unfortunately. I scouted black hole lounge first to see whether anyone was there. Ami Greene was working on her computer. I figured that Josh being killed there was plausible. Then I went up to kill Josh. In my defense, I was in a bit of a rush, because I wanted him dead before the #mafia info came out.

I then realized that if people went to question Ami, she might mention that I was there around the same time that Josh was supposed to be killed there. Derp! So I asked her, "If people come asking whether I was in Black Hole, could you please tell them that I wasn't." She totally got the implication and said she'd try to avoid being asked the question. So I think she'll mention I was there if she's directly asked. In retrospect, I definitely shouldn't have talked to her at all; she likely would have forgotten that I came by for fifteen seconds.

Anyway, I think it will turn out ok, and I'm really glad Josh is dead. Just be aware that it wasn't a particularly well-done kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm 
We should just get krue lynched as a false investigator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:20 pm 
Yep, that's the plan. And I manipulated the press to black hole lounge, because that's where krue and jayson live.

Alex, feel free to make your accusatory post against krue at any time. I'm convinced by your reasoning :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:33 pm 
Time for Krue to die! It's too bad I won't get to see whether Josh was for this.

Just to check, Josh didn't Mafia count not ask for a gravedig on Dalton, did he? If he did, there could be some complications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:36 pm 
Also, Jacobi has ruled that the mayor's office still has its use of "count the mafia." I deliberately waited until several minutes after josh had used the ability before I killed him, but Jacobi's reasoning is that if Jacobi had been immediately available then Josh would have had time to post the results. Which is reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:38 pm 
Also, I gave Josh approval to make his death announcement, so that there wouldn't be a several hour lag. Jacobi subsequently said he didn't want that; be aware that the fault was mine, not Josh or Jacobi's, for approving the message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm 
I think Josh was for the "kill krue" plan. I killed him largely because I was concerned about his reaction to learning that there were five mafia left. I think he likely would have turned on Alex and me. Unfortunately, the mayor's office still can use the mafia count ability. Fortunately, I don't think there is the political will at this point to elect a new mayor, unless one of us leads the charge to do so. We can talk loudly about the importance of electing a new mayor, but we should be sure not to make enough effort for that to actually happen (unless of course one of us is elected.) :twisted:

And Alex, I think it's time to sink krue. You're reasoning was fantastic; go ahead and post the same stuff that you told Josh and me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:11 pm 
Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 pm 
Posted. Daniel, if you're going to support, please don't post immediately. I think it would look better if there was a bit of time between them, though we don't need to hide that we had both planned or lynching krue.

I was pretty brazen in my argument because I don't expect much counterargument on the forums. That's pretty boring. If needed, I have more stuff to add about Krue trying to get the medkit and being wrong that Dalton would kill her and trying to defend Dalton.

It would be bad, though not ruinous, to the plan to lynch krue if someone gravedug Dalton. I don't think kbeth would do so without asking me. Might the other Gravedigger (who is it again?) check Dalton? We could consider wasting their power by asking them to check molly, though the fact that krue said she got a 'yes' on Molly who is Mafia could used to defend her.

The more I'm looking back at this, the happier I am Josh is dead. The risk of his use of Mayor powers and asking for gravediggings was bigger than the transient benefit of him being on the side of Daniel/me vs Dalton/Krue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:13 pm 
I was just about to make a post here to exactly that effect. I want a couple other people to respond before I jump onto this.

Interesting...if I were a townie, I would have no fear of being the first to respond, but as a mafia member I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm 
Thanks Alex!

I'm confident that killing Josh was the right play. I'm just not satisfied with how I executed the kill. I doubt it will matter, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 pm 
The funny thing is that if I were not conscripted, I would have posted pretty much the same thing, except toned down a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 pm 
I had seriously considered conscripting Josh yesterday. He's a much better liar than people give him credit for, he's mayor, and he was an influential townsperson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:22 pm 
I was thinking about that too. I do think Josh would definitely be a better choice if you could rely on his lying skill. His influence and use of Mayor powers could do a lot for you. The Mayor vote swing would put you close to just majority. But if someone tells Josh is lying, that could just fall apart.

One benefit of having me though is that Josh trusted you more than I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 pm 
That was one of the key considerations. I thought you were more likely to turn on me after we lynch krue. Also, you had the medkit, so I couldn't kill you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm 
Yay, Krue posted. The only living person who knows about krue "starting a lynch mob" is Daniel, right? :lol:

And I can honestly say that last night after the day extension Krue was was defending Dalton and heaping suspicion on Josh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:07 pm 
What do you mean about krue "starting a lynch mob?" Are you referring to the one against Dalton? But there was already substantial suspicion on Dalton, and when push came to shove she was really reluctant to lynch him.

Krue called me, and asked what my thoughts are. I said that I am sorry if I am wrong, but I really do think she is mafia at this point. The evidence is too strong. I said I would be happy to meet and talk to her since there has already been a kill today. (Due to our schedules I do not think this will actually happen.)

I think Krue still trusts me, though. Not that that matters too much, except it might stop her from fighting as hard as she would otherwise (think Alex last game.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:11 pm 
Yes, I was talking about the mob vs Dalton. Well, if Krue legitimately only joined the mob late and was hesitant, then it's easy to contradict her on that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:13 pm 
I actually do not know exactly where the mob against Dalton started. I think it may have been Josh. I was fairly easily persuaded, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 pm 
Right now we have:

5 mafia with 2 fake ID's (Gaurav and I each have a fake ID)

10 townies with 1 fake ID.

Tonight we lynch krue and tomorrow we'll make a kill.

Then it will be:

5 mafia + 2 fake ID's

8 townies + 1 fake ID.

Then after one more day, assuming none of us is lynched, we will have it won (excepting politician and mayor shenanigans.)

I'm going to suggest that we poison Incematt tonight. I don't think it will actually make a difference, since he will die at the same time that we are expecting to consolidate our win.

Also, we may want to be a l

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 pm 
I agree with poisoning now, otherwise it may be too late to be relevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm 
At the risk of needlessly lengthening the game, I would suggest holding off on poisoning. We're so sure win I think it would be best to save the poison in case something bad comes up, as a failsafe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next