Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:58 pm 
!!!

(I'm sure you have a better idea of what the right strategy is to get this done)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 pm 
1. I think we should make sure to use "feel their scent" every day on trying to find horses.
2. However, I'm not sure how much we should be using animal sense.
If we do manage to successfully use it on a horse, then they'll highly suspect that the user is a llama. Even worse, if we hit a non-horse, then they can tell a bunch of people that we can use the incant, "Tell me, are you a horse?" which we probably don't want. I'm guessing that horses also want to kill us, and probably also have animal sense.

Alternatively, we might be in a cycle (e.g. we want to kill horses, they want to kill X, X wants to kill Y, Y wants to kill us). In that case, using the incant is less bad, but still probably bad. Horses might think we're the thing they want to kill, or maybe the thing that wants to kill us will realize we're animals, and then we'll become a better kill than average.

We also want to find out who has killing power or how to acquire killing power. I currently know someone who has the ability to kill brunnerj, but they think they'll eventually get the ability to kill more people. I'm on team of sorts with them, so I wouldn't want them to kill brunnerj and become king (putting a target on their back) unless we knew for sure that brunnerj was a horse (which I have no reason for or against to believe now).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 am 
Oh, apparently, "Do horses have the goal, 'no more llamas'?" is a valid question for my Oracle power. I'm thinking of asking it if I don't think of something better by tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:12 am 
Also, don't tell ANYONE that you're a llama!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:08 am 
I think we should use "feel their scent" on people we are unlikely to talk with. I can figure out some amount of team information from talking with people about game, and I don't want that to be redundant. Pppillai and regirock seem like ideal targets.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:46 am 
Sounds good. I agree with just using feel their scent every day on someone we don't speak with regularly. Arbitrarily, I'll pick fmajluf7 out of this set.

I feel like we shouldn't use the "tell me if you are a horse" incant until we get a better sense of what the bigger picture is

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 am 
Hmm, given that I'm a kill target, I think I want to use my powers earlier in the day rather than later. I'll use my ability on regirock. I'll also ask if horses have the "no more llamas" goal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:51 am 
Sounds good. Good luck today

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:39 pm 
Horses do not have the goal, "no more llamas." I think it's likely that we're in some sort of cycle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 pm 
Roger.