Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 6 discussion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 pm 
It looks like all the most active players are dead, but I've had time to catch up on game, so I'm stepping up to start discussion. (In particular, we should discuss early: we don't want a repeat of yesterday, when discussion started late, the vote was close enough that mafia could swing it, and someone I'm suspicious of survived.)

I'm suspicious of group investigator Corduroy:
-Both people singled out as suspicious by their previous investigations are now proven innocent. (Fmajluf7 by prophet smiting, and both fmajluf7 and maxmurin by dying.)
-They seem to be the only group investigator left, which makes it almost costless for them to make up investigations if they're mafia: it'd take three regular investigations to even get into a beef with them; even then, they could get choose to get into a beef with lzahray over who the real group investigator is.
-The last investigation creates a beef {achester, nguyenin, jaysonl, Curduroy}. In that beef, Jaysonl and I semi-alibi each other, nguyenin claims to have made investigations infallible in the first place, and Corduroy is avoiding sticking their neck out of anonymity.

I'm suspicious of lzahray:
-As Blumberg points out, someone who knew dylanhen would be at 4-1xx had to have helped with that kill. That set is {mayars, ritagram, lzahray, blumberg}. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Ritagram is ~proven innocent by dying and by being shoveled. Mayars is ~proven innocent by dying of poison. (It was by poison and not lynch that she died: lzahray and mayars were tied every day, so neither of them would have died of lynching.) Blumberg gets credit for pointing it out. That leaves lzahray.
-lzahray narrowly avoided getting lynched in a close vote against someone now ~proven to be town, where it wasn't clear who'd get lynched. That's the sort of vote where mafia are likely to tip the scales.
-Today's kill and disappearance were clearly coordinated. If pppillai isn't lying about Lucy doing the disappearance, and assuming ghosts can't p.m., someone had to coordinate with Lucy by talking to her in person. All of {achester, blumberg, jaysonl, lukesci, lzahray} know her out of game. That's a bigger set than I thought when I started writing this point, but that lzahray is in it is still one bit of evidence.
-Maybe she is group investigator Corduroy?

Post subject: Re: Day 6 discussion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:28 pm 
Fine. I'm Investigator Corduroy! You've discovered me! I probably wouldn't live long enough to make another useful investigation anyway. I'm also a mage, and I have known basically everyone's roles in game at some point. I think if I were mafia a lot more people would be dead. Although I can't actually find in the rules how many traps the mafia are allowed? I will pm people with the history I have on their roles to prove this. I've been investigated for a bunch of kills and have turned up innocent. The probability of me guessing a group with a guilty person in it before wasn't exactly super high, since for those kills a lot more players were alive.

Does anyone know what 1st Dino refers to? Maxmurin thought tuan was sketchy at some point, then said tuan had been acting more normal. Still though if someone sketchily comes to you to tap you on the shoulder and has a 1/3 chance of being mafia, I feel like they should get lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 pm 
I agree with achester.

However, I think I should confess that I poisoned mayars. This was an instruction from Justin and Franchi.

I think the points against Lisa are strong anyway though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 pm 
That confession is confusing; I don't think it should make Blumberg sketchier, since there's no way we'd've guessed it if she hadn't said it? Which means mayars isn't ~proven innocent, which takes away one piece of evidence against lzahray. (Gravedigging mayars would suddenly be useful.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:57 pm 
Yeah I think if I were mafia I wouldn't bother saying this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:59 pm 
I got a PM from lisa with a correct thing about my role.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 pm 
So did I.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 pm 
Same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm 
Lzahray's possibly last words from the group paranoia chat were that she mistrusts nguyenin most, then me, then jaysonl, then everyone else. She doesn't like Blumberg for trying to get her lynched, but not for thinking she's mafia. She sort of trusts lukesci.