Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:28 am 
Starting this early!

ksedlar, the mafia warlock, is rightly paranoid of the potential existence of a mafia mage, and so is being hesitant to reveal her special role without reciprocal guarantees. Too bad we removed the mafia mage :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 am 
Ohhhh I just looked at the spreadsheet and noticed why this happened:

Maxmurin, right before checking his role: "I'll be really amused if I'm a stalker again."

Maxmurin, right after checking his role: *facepalm*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:31 am 
Roles I specifically really want to see in action include:

Bomb
Flirty Child
Elijah
QP

By the law of people-dying-in-the-wrong-order, we probably would have needed to include more of these roles to see them in action, but that would've been bad for balance (and having all roles exist). Hopefully the actions for bomb and FC (and arguably Elijah) are straightforward enough/unilaterally good that people will use the relevant incants very early on anyway. QPs will hopefully get trapped meaningfully rather than just picked up by day end spy trappings?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:10 am 
Highlights of the first 2 hours of day 1:

-maxmurin visits 5/6 POI as a PI, getting meta-info on how to get POI-accessing items and what items are/were hidden underneath
-Justin reveals as IC to blumberg, gets splashed with trapproofing slippery holy water, reveals to all of ET, gets a mage and a warlock to fail IC traps on him. Justin sees dylanhen as prophet.
-ritagram digs up shredder from RHG; Jakob digs up dino suit from ECC :D
-brunnerj puts Lucy, isaacg, and kmath on his conspiracy list - 2 people with murderous goals and one with nontownie primary goal, though none of these are the person who plans to kill him tomorrow morning
-ritagram flirts with ksedlar
-isaacg gets off 3 traps, all correct (but one fails due to slippery when wet)

Did I miss anything? :O Wow, this is gonna be exciting! So many people are doing awesome things -- whether or not they end up successful is almost a moot point!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:53 pm 
Ajliu: "Tbh we're prob not all town? I feel like gods would do that to us"

Haha she knows us well :P

Also, pravina troublemade the two robber desperadoes. If Lotta goes through with robbing Justin, Jakob could end up with ic! :O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:07 pm 
I'm kinda sad Tuan told people (including mafia) what bombs do and made it public who he gave one to :( oh well, at least people witnessed the incant and were hopefully amused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 pm 
It'll be drily amusing but also kind of sad if town gets completely messed up by one fake GI investigation again :P but that probably won't happen since GI investigations are known to be very not reliable this game? Does someone have the right kind of multimeter to detect a frame? Yes, but it's kmli, who's not going to use it :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:27 am 
Wow, somehow it worked out that amanda kept both mafia's role info secret but revealed the QP's :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:27 am 
Serious props to ajliu for thinking hard about what to do in the ksedlar-mafia case! I'm excited to see how this plays out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 am 
Btw I finally found the relevant thread where Jakob explicitly delineates his warlock claim last spring :P :
http://mafia.mit.edu/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=4270

(rip psets)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 am 
The sequence of roleswaps on day 1 was:

jakob (desperado) robs pravinas (gravedigger)
pravinas troublemakes blumberg (desperado) and jakob
blumberg robs Justin (IC)
pravinas guesses politician for jasonlam (QP)
brunnerj troublemakes Justin and blumberg
mayars guesses gravedigger for achester (QP)

except these go in the order realtimetrap-spytrap-robber(time order)-troublemaker(time order), so the roles resolved to:
jakob (IC)
pravinas (desperado)
blumberg (desperado)
Justin (gravedigger)
jasonlam (politician)
achester (gravedigger)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 pm 
ahkim: "I know an IC"
max: "So do I! His name is Justin!"
ahkim: "Oh yeah, I know a less sketchy IC."
(meaning Jakob, of course :P )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:33 am