Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am 
if so, please use spreadsheet in future. otherwise we have to figure out why my trap failed. (He's definitely IC, he incanted me before and after the trap attempt.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 am 
I talked to Justin and told him the basics of the Mage/Warlock plot, which he seemed not to know, without revealing which one I was. He said he might be able to trade us a mana/blood source if we had something useful to exchange. I don't think I have anything useful, do either of you?

Also, I don't really have a startup-ideas goal (ssh, don't tell anyone); it's a way for me to see interesting items. I'm plain old Town/Mage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 am 
I did not.

Maya

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 pm 
Justin says he's going to give me a trap pair that will definitely work at some point today (so I can use my second Mage power use on it).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm 
I also did not...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 pm 
Did Justin know why the trap didn't work on him? Like did he claim to have used some sort of item/power? The only other way I see this happening is if we are somehow already at -6, which I doubt, or that Justin is somehow (no idea how this would be possible) lying about being an innocent child. There might be items that let you make fake claims for a day? He's been trying to get a lot of information. He hounded me for information about my role even though I don't see how it could have possibly been helpful for town for me to tell him anything, and even though he's 99% an innocent child I'm kind of sketched out by just how insistent he was. Something is fishy!

Also, does anyone have ideas for roled I should be guessing (Luke I assume you're guessing ksedlar?) I think it's unlikely MaxMurin is superhero, I might just guess two roles for him today unless people have a better idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm 
lzahray wrote:
The only other way I see this happening is if we are somehow already at -6, which I doubt

Only the delta-at-day-start is relevant, so you always know your delta (which is currently 0).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm 
++Lisa: what roles should we be guessing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:44 pm 
Justin isn't claiming anything about how he did it. I have the theory that he has a "protection from traps" item.
I'm guessing whatever justin tells me if he does, and a basically random thing if he doesn't. Katie being warlock doesn't tell us what her classical role is, so no trap there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 pm 
Just heard from justin that blumberg = desperado, so tried that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 pm 
Success! Justin is also helping warlocks though, so we can't only depend on him (although we should take all his help we can).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm 
Awesome! Issacg is apparently not proxying for himself, I tried that and it failed. What did you tell Justin to get him to give you info? I might ask him for a person but don't really want to tell him my classical role, and I don't know any other useful information...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:08 pm 
I've just kinda established a dialog with him. There's been a lot of back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:25 am 
I got lucky at two random traps yesterday. Maybe I'm just lucky? Maybe there's some secret item involved?

Maya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:55 am 
Or maybe you're lying to us somehow. Anyway, yay for mages!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am 
I never lie :( I'm a townie!

This sentence is a lie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm 
Right now, Justin is offering "if you tell me the name of another mage, i'll give you someone's classical role". I have already used my mage power for today, but if either of you wants to reveal to justin as mage, I'm happy to facilitate this.