Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:11 am 
I am town aligned, but I'm going to fake being 3rd party aligned on the grounds that if I do so, mafia might be less likely to kill me (this is probably less relevant for you guys, who aren't as likely to be early kill targets). I think it's also a good idea to be able to claim a special role other than warlock. I'm not sure what format 3rd party alignment comes in, so I'm going to be vague about where my fake goal comes from. If either of you are 3rd party, it would be great if you could say so.

My proposed fake role/goal is Doppelganger - wants to have been more distinct classical roles than any other Doppelganger. Hopefully this will also let me get information about how classical roles can change, which is very relevant to us. For example, if we had a buddy, we could have them continually swap classical roles and tell us about it, and then reap tons and tons of blood.

I'd probably be okay revealing my classical role at some point, but I am going to hold off for now. I would also like to state that if either of you are mafia / something else that wants people dead, I am much more useful to the warlocks alive, so please at least spare me for now. :P

I think someone else should have the fake role of Collector - wants to have been in possession, over the course of game, of more items than any other Collector. I think this is a plausible sounding role, and it seems likely to get mages to reveal themselves to us. It's unclear if we actually want mages dead (it's better for them to just be doing poorly at trapping), but knowing who they are can only be useful.

Does anyone else have a good fake role/goal idea? We can always have two people claim the same role, but we might do better if we're all looking for different types of information.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:23 pm 
Thinking about it more, I'm actually starting to favor throwing out the idea of faking special roles. I don't know how we're going to be able to set traps if we don't just blatantly tell people that we can give them items if they tell us their roles. I'm going to try talking with Random people later today. Kmath and Lucy have generally been happy to buddy up with me in past mystery games. Also, we might want to ally with other factions with disjoint goals from us.