Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 0 Mafia Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:34 pm 
Let's start plotting! Our powers these games are the following:

- Set a trap (2): We should wait until we get some sort of role information
- Slaughter the weak (1): We should wait until we get some sort of role information
- Freeze ray (1): Use in an emergency. Tell the other one asap that it has been used.
- Plant evidence (1): Use when we want to confuse town and can build a plot from it.
- Hitman (1): May want to use it on day 1 kill.
- Conscript (1): Should definitely save it for later for a player who gains towns' trust and/or role information.

Things to do on Day 0:
- Pick a role. Start behaving like that role.
- Play as if you were townie. fmajluf7, paranoia text like always and talk in town square. libsackt, ask all the questions you would ask or whatever.

Day 1 plots:
- We should hire a hitman. The first kill is the most investigated kill in game. We should probably get either jamb or Lucy (a high priority target). Probs Lucy since she's harder to kill.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Day 0 Mafia Strategy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm 
Thanks for lying everything out -- everything you said seems reasonable.

Any recommendations for roles first time players should take on? Investigator, vigilante, or desperado sound like good roles.

As for the hitman I'm not sure who the best person to hire is. Maybe jamb? If she gets killed there is a possibility I may get elected mayor (refer to the Town Hall discussion on how Mayor is elected), but I'm not sure if that claim has any backing except for one person mentioning getting new players into Mayor if jamb dies.

Also who are the best hitmen? Jakobw seems like he is good at killing so might be a good hitman. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 pm 
Hitman has to be a non player, and jakobw is playing. (remember my Cyrill example?)

Lucy seems to not come in contact with anyone who could be a hitman, so we may do jamb. She suggested Pesto in her intro and I trust that to be a reliable choice. He was a wonderful mafia last game and jamb will be in ET Day 1 night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 pm 
Roles claimable by mafia:

- Investigator or group investigator (GI): Moderately hard to claim, goes downhill very fast and could get us the loss if we report a false investigation and another investigator checks it.
- Desperado: Hard claim, but gains town's confidence. This may be a good claim if people start to suspect you and will lynch you. You claim it and gain at least 1 more day to live and kill a lot of people. Although very hard to pull off.
- Succubus: Fun claim. Does leave room for suspicion.
- Vigilante: easiest claim because we can actually kill. Goes well with a Plant the Evidence (since we can plant that the person we killed was actually mafia). Does leave room for suspicion.

I think one of us should be a vigilante. The other one should be succubus or some sort of investigator.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:32 am 
I'll take vigilante, you can have investigator :P

Time for character practice...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:28 am 
We hire achester as hitman for day 1.