Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:13 am 
No no no, mafia are planning on conscripting Lotta. That would be really bad, not just because she is dying, but because she is in a beef with mafia. Specifically, Travis, dylanhen, and Lotta are in a 3 way beef. Mafia don't know about the Dylan part, but they should be able to figure out both that future suspicion on Travis / Francesca is a result of Lotta's claims, as well as the fact that Lotta HAS BEEN LYING A LOT and will look sketchy to town afterwards.

Also,
fmajluf7 wrote:
We also were talking about how Lotta seems to be begging to be conscripted. We considered the possibility that she may be dying desperado or gay knight, but still think it's worthwhile to conscript her.

Yes Francesca, you're totally right that Lotta seems like a dying desperado! Listen to that feeling. Also, don't focus on being able to brute force a vote and push game into an endgame scenario; there are too many vigilantes and tasers around for that to work. Why not just conscript someone like Josh instead? :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
I am feeling so much sympathy stress for mafia right now. They're in a giant tangle that is going to blow up any minute.

No, don't kill linus
Keep scheming with him
Franchi • 35 mins
Lotta Blumberg (l2gb28@gmail.com)
Okay
I have complicated shot going on
I told him everything
Already
Lotta • 34 mins
Franchi Majluf (fmajluf7@gmail.com)
The problem is that he seduced the other mafia
So if you kill him libsackt dies
Is there anyone besides Linus who knows a lot of information?
Franchi • 33 mins
Linus is IC I think
Lotta • 33 mins
No, he's succubus
He seduced libsackt
Franchi • 32 mins
I'm still confused
Oh nvm
So Maya was actually sk. You and Travis were mafia buds
Okay
Lotta • 32 mins
Yep
Franchi • 32 mins
Weird shit
I told Linus I lied about who was who. Should I go on and say that I lied before I die?
Keep up my scam with Linus
Lotta • 31 mins
Yes. You need Linus to trust you as much as possible so he votes with us tonight
Is there anyone besides Linus who knows a lot of information?
Franchi • 30 mins
Not that I know of
Margarita I think
Dylan told Margarita things at least
Lotta • 29 mins
Ok. Who was your investigator?
And do you know ritagram's role?
Franchi • 28 mins
Dylan proxies to me
He might actually be an investigator
He drove to campus to visit the kill sight and verything
Why no conscript Linus?
Why me?
Lotta • 26 mins
He trusts Travis, we didn't know he had all the information, he looks hella sketch, no one wants to tell him their role
Do you know ritagram's role?
Franchi • 25 mins
I think people are?
Lotta • 25 mins
Is he telling you?
Franchi • 24 mins
Not yet
Should I reveal as desperado? When should I do it?
Also, should I tell everyone about my weird faking shenanigans? Probably?
They make me look sketchy but that doesn't matter that much??
I might have trouble getting ice
ICs
AH H IM KEEPING TRACK OF THREE DIFFERENT UNIVERSES
The real one, the one I thought was real, and the one I made up
Lotta • 19 mins
Lotta added Lucy Gutierrez to the Hangout.
14 mins
No, don't tell anyone about faking
Franchi • 14 mins
I already told Linus before
Should I just pretend I didn't?
Lotta • 13 mins
No
Franchi • 13 mins
Should I make I seem like I was just trying to get a read on him?
Btw I have a shovel to burn
So town only has one shovel left
Ahh! Tell me what to do!
Lotta • 12 mins
Just don't tell anyone else
Franchi • 12 mins
Okay
Lotta • 12 mins
Sorry, internet is not good
Don't reveal yet
Let me get home and figure things out
You got this, Lotta
Franchi • 9 mins
Okay
Lotta • 5 mins
Lucy Gutierrez (lucegtzrivas@gmail.com)

8 new messages

Tell me if you want me to explain my lies
Also if I should go to campus to make a kill?
Also who should I shovel?
Lotta • 3 mins
Patience lol Made it home
Franchi • 2 mins
I'm freaking out!
:P
Also, what was actually the deal with the group investigators?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
I think mafia really need to NOT kill Dylan. Lots of people think he is sketchy, and he's the group investigator in the beef with Lotta and Travis. Pinning the blame on him is the best thing mafia can do to take away heat from Francesca and libsackt. He also was right next to where Margarita got killed. To be fair, Josh was too, but he was asleep and hasn't noticed the kill happened yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm 
Mafia is also in a great place to fake investigations right now. Lotta can claim two investigations to incriminate someone, and there's only one real investigator who can investigate today.

Lotta can also publish a sketch list before she dies and get town even more on the wrong track. Mafia definitely has the capacity to get in several lynches on townies. The only thing to be careful of is that (assuming Dylan gets lynched), vigilantes will be a full 25% of the town. So they can't count on pushing through a victory by force, and will have to stay stealthy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:06 pm 
Pravina revealed as vigilante to Lotta. Linus really wants a vigilante to kill Dylan. But if Pravina kills Dylan, then she'll know he was good and be able to report that.

I think that mafia should encourage Pravina to wait until late in the day to do it. Then Lotta can kill Pravina immediately after she vig kills Dylan, before Pravina can report the result. Ideally she can finagle it so that Pravina just vig kills in front of Lotta, rather than in front of her and Linus (to protect Pravina's role, of course). The deaths would get reported at the same time, so clearly Dylan and Pravina killed each other simultaneously. Then Lotta can "shovel" Dylan and confirm his scumminess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:46 pm 
Jakob (who is succubus) claimed IC to blumberg. Mafia tried to set their slaughter charge on him and failed. This is one of the few cases I've seen where faking IC is a good idea (you are a succubus who hasn't seduced yet).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:48 pm 
Ah, Lotta is thinking of investigating to make Josh or Dylan look bad. But of course they are both innocent via Mendel's priest result. Also, Josh is innocent child, so trying to get him lynched will be tough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 pm 
My last words: "Is someone going to vig kill me?"

This continues my streak of never being lynched as a townie (and almost always being lynched as a mafia) (except for mystery games, I think).

When pravinas' death is posted, Linus will know it was Lotta. If they don't lynch Lotta, it'll prove that conscription was used, since she'll die of desperation.

They should figure out that I was town, since mafia didn't want to give the vig a chance to clear me. That should prove my investigation was honest, which will out at least one of fmajluf and libsackt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 pm 
Lotta shoulda tried to get an np to pretend to be hitman. Though I think that still leads back to her most likely.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:21 pm 
Maybe townies will think fmajluf and libsackt correlate, since they've been alibiing each other.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 pm 
isaacg wrote:
Mafia have slaughter. It would be convenient for my argument if they didn't, but that's a way they could make 3 kills in a day. That being said, if that were the case there would have to be a innocent child involved, and there's no reason to believe that was the case, as none of the players who died ever had any amount of innocence evidence claimed about any of them.

lol, slightly right for totally the wrong reasons

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 pm 
From a paranoia gchat:

fmajluf7 wrote:
For ghosts entertainment: this is what I told Linus
I'm sorry Linus, but I won't be able to make it to Lobby 7. I'm not feeling well (I've had a terrible hangover all day) and I've been napping. I'll fall back asleep now, but did not want you to waste your time. I know this makes me look more sketchy than normal, but tbh even if we lynch ahkim/isaacg, the other one can easily kill two players after day roll overs (by guessing your role out of two sample sizes and by daily kill). I do have a taser (from libsackt) so when I wake up tomorrow and feel better I'm down to try to tase the other one, but you'd have to trust me, which I guess is hard.
Please don't come find me, I'm honestly not in the mood and will keep sleeping. It doesnt feel like I really played this game except for maybe today, and today has been shitty and I want it to be over.
Good luck, and lmk what you decide.

P.S. I'm succubus, too. I seduced libsackt day 1. That's why I know your role; he trusted me. That's also why I haven't been very active; didn't have much to do. Do what you wish with that info.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:54 pm 
I'm amused that people thought Max's death was hitman at the end :P I tried to subtly hint at this to the et investigation mob, but I didn't know it would turn out to be bad for mafia that people believed this...

I got Max to open the door so that Francesca could kill him in disguise without him alerting ahkim (who it turns out happened to not actually be there)
Maxmurin right before he opened the door for me: "are you going to hitman me?"
Maxmurin right after he died: "Wait, I don't know who that was."

When the et mob asked whether I'd killed Max, I answered "No comment. Wait, not no comment, I mean, no."