Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:32 pm 
Yay, mafia switched to listing brunnerj as a good conscript! I know Josh would really like to be mafia, and I think he would be a great one for mafia (access to ET, enthusiastic about being mafia, experience playing / thinking through things, and he's an IC).

I actually think mafia shouldn't be thinking of conscripting anyone who DOESN'T live at / frequent ET. ET is tricky to make kills at if you haven't been there, and ET people talk to each other about game a lot about game, which would be conversation mafia miss otherwise. I guess there are 3 people on Floor Pi and 3 people at Random, so they might be a little clumpy, but ET is the big one. Mafia really don't have good access to any living group, which is an unfortunate side effect of having a couple be mafia, I guess (though Francesca is super hyped to be mafia with libsackt).

Mafia also have Maya listed as #2 level kill priority, which is unfortunate with her serial killerness. They also have her listed as a good conscript, which I agree with in general, but is a little unfortunate here. Though there hasn't ever been a SK conscript; that might be interesting to see with the possibility of double-kills.

Jackie seems to be miserably failing at her plan to not be very involved in game. I can relate so much.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 am 
Lolol, Maya has contacted Pesto to have him help her kill Jackie. Meanwhile, mafia have also hired Pesto as a hitman, also to kill Jackie. I think that currently Pesto, an NP, from knowing both mafia and the serial killer, has more information about game than any actual player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:17 am 
lolol. agreed with everything you've said. also wow i'm back to being a #1 priority kill for mafia <3 Probably because my epic townie game was versus mafia fmajluf7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:23 am 
I think your death looks very much NOT like a hitman kill, which is good for mafia. I also was amused by Pesto this morning asking me if he knew the mafia and the serial killer, if he could put them in contact (answer: no).

Also, I kind of hope Jackie gets seduced, just for the terror of briefly thinking she is conscripted. :D Though she's a really high priority kill target, so that might be less interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:56 pm 
I'm so happy Linus is playing. His posts are pretty fantastic to read.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 pm 
+++++

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:03 pm 
Jackie says, "My latest bit of trolling is that im trying to convince Pesto im a serial killer
I think he's fairly convinced
I'm also planning to generally be a super troll player who claims SK and then vig kills whoever my assigned target is"

Presumably he's not actually convinced, given that he knows all the real mafia and the real SK? :D I guess he might believe Jackie over Maya, but that seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:13 pm 
He likely believes maya over Jackie given maya claimed first and maya has no reason to troll him in particular.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:24 pm 
It's interesting to see Francesca's perspective that mafia should conscript an active new player, given that new players will be generally less suspected. I think this might be okay as long as she is alive to run things, but if she dies, libsackt would want an experienced conscript to be able to advise him. In general people don't look THAT much into conscription chances on other players, and having someone who say, has made kills before, is definitely worth the price of looking slightly sketchier.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:44 pm 
It's a bit sad that their alibi is being with each other. Once one of them is under suspicion, that'll cast doubt on the other.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:09 pm 
Pesto: Maya and Jackie both seem so convincing as serial killers.
Maya is going to travel to ET on a day she wouldn't normally to come in to try to kill Jackie; this seems excessive to coordinate with an NP about if she weren't actually, and she can't even be a regular mafia because I made a hitman kill today, I guess unless there's a scheme involved.
But Jackie talked with me for more than an hour about her plans as a serial killer, and she's not even trying to get anything out of me for it.

Lol for Pesto's dilemma. I feel like thwacking Jackie and telling her to concentrate on all the tooling she needs to do. Unrelatedly, Jackie listed exactly the mafia as the people she slightly trusted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:02 pm 
Pesto:
Maya's on her way to kill Jackie. My predictions:
80%: Maya is serial killer. Jackie is town. Jackie knew that the mafia would be in contact with me about killing her, and tried to convince me she's SK to get out of being killed and maybe even put into contact with the mafia.
10%: Some clever plan I haven't thought of.
5%: Jackie is serial killer. Maya is a townie (maybe vigilante?) coming to test Jackie's reactions to imminent death.
5%: Jackie is serial killer. Maya is mafia, and didn't think to tell me that she was with Francesca. She's planning to use the scheme kill on Jackie.

In either of the last two cases, I'd want Jackie to be able to bang first.

In the first case, I'd like to tell Jackie that the mafia got into contact with me and give her a false mafia; she'd post the results of her clever scheme on town square, get someone (hopefully innocent; I don't actually know who the other mafia is) lynched, especially when she's proven innocent by dying shortly thereafter.

(It would be against the rules for me to actually tell Jackie who the mafia who contacted me is, but Jackie doesn't know that, and it's not against the rules for me to make something up. Katie, can you confirm?)
Oh, and am I allowed to ask Francesca for someone who's not mafia and feed the result to Jackie as "the mafia who contacted me"?

Katie:
Hmm
I think so
Actually wait

Pesto:
Waiting.

Katie:
This might be Francesca anonymously communicating to Jackie if you ask her.
I think you making something up is sufficiently removed from being anonymous communication.

Pesto:
Ok. I'll just hope I don't hit the actual other mafia.

Katie:
Oh, I think you telling Francesca would be anonymously communicating from Jackie to an anonymous mafia.
Because asking Francesca about it would at least partially communicate the information that Jackie claimed SK.

Pesto:
Ok.

Katie:
But I will rule that you can make something up and tell Jackie.

Pesto:
This'll be embarrassing if it's wrong, but a great story if it's right.

Katie:
Though if she asks me if you are allowed to do what you claim to via the rules, I will say no.

Pesto:
Poor... michikyo, if this works.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 pm 
Wow this is amazing. Tho I think Jackie will die before conveying the results to town. Hmm she'll maybe tell at least one other person?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:33 pm 
Rip was maya caught?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm 
No. She went in and out through the fire escape. She was also wearing a black full body-suit and face mask. Jackie didn't know who killed her, but when prompted to guess, she did guess Maya.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:41 pm 
Nice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:52 pm 
Oh darn, Margarita saw Maya biking back towards Random. :( And this was such an otherwise great kill too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 pm 
Margarita is just really good at seeing people coming to or from kill sites I guess. But people will probably listen to her this time I'm guessing, even though town doesn't have any investigations left for today (just a bunch of priests that triggered negatively).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 pm 
Bad luck for maya. Still yay for town!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:28 pm 
Ahkim proxied to Maya, so Maya needs to make sure to tell mafia that Ahkim is an investigator before she dies. Ahkim also declared, "there's a live trap on me" to the room, not realizing that Josh was playing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:16 am 
So it looks like Maya hinted to mafia that Ahkim was investigator. I think she should have just been more explicit; I'm worried that mafia might not pick up on it since they seem to be a bit busy. It was public at least that an investigator proxied through Maya though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 am 
The kill on me was SO AMAZING I can't even. Maya, that kill was better than any I've ever made. Also, I've always wanted to kill or be killed with that particular plot.

fmajluf7 and libsackt are doing an excellent job looking townie imo. Things that I thought made them look good: libsackt asking so many questions on day 0 that he presumably would've asked a mafia buddy (I see Franchi told him to do this, nice), fmajluf7 running out after ballroom to try to get the petitions signed that wouldn't otherwise be. In other news, I am officially the shittiest judge of townieness ever and deserve to have my suspicions eternally anti-considered.

Also, I'm so happy at how beautiful, thoughtful, and well-documented Mafia Den is. *fangirling*

Pesto really seemed to believe me - I didn't think he'd be so excited about hearing my SK ideas if he were already in contact with one. Lmao at "But Jackie talked with me for more than an hour about her plans as a serial killer, and she's not even trying to get anything out of me for it." I knew there was a risk though that he'd already be in contact with a SK. When he told me michikyo had contacted him about killing me I was really confused because I thought he was smarter than that, and then I was wondering if the information was valid and planned to ask Gods about that (which would've caught him), and feeling guilty for having lied to him (ha!). Points that I particularly appreciate from Pesto's play:
- I never again will need to feel guilty about lying to him about mafia, ever, even if he's an NP
- He turned my own plot (which I formulated last spring about killing him in Mens Head while brushing teeth by letting someone in through the side door) against me, which I absolutely deserved
- He was lying to me for the whole day in order to set up a reason why he'd be home early (we usually brush our teeth together at midnight but he needed it to be pre-day-end)
- He put a chair in front of the door, body blocked the most convenient escape route, had the door slightly ajar in advance, was hugging me so I could barely move, and made sure my mouth was filled with toothpaste so I couldn't scream well. A+ setup.

I'm even more excited by Maya being such a badass to come up with a clean plot, get an NP scout, bike all the way over here, wear an all-black disguise so I couldn't recognize her to shout her name, and kill me. That is the best serial killing I have EVER seen. (Sorry Isaac.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am 
Dylanhen

I sprinted from the van to W20, then sprinted to 18.702. Notice that I'm the only person who posted a time regarding 18.702 alibis.
I'm in the proxy chain for Aru Akise; that's why I pointed out it was for Lucy's death. agrebe was proxying to me; pretty sure he's investigator.

Can I have a kill target?
I posted to tell townies to claim SK to you, but I made sure to wait before doing so so you can ignore the claims you get after that post.

--

Blumberg

Hey Maya
I'm the sk

oh okay
how did you kill Lucy?
Any investigations?

I'm not really sure what you want in terms of how I killed lucy...
I tapped her on the shoulder and said bang?

How did you get an alibi?

Jakob just sucks at timing
Or rather didn't argue with me
He said something like that he thought I could alibi him
So I did
*shrug* townies are silly that way. They're very willing to alibi someone alibing them
(Also, I just kinda changed my color to be green without consulting anyone... I really doubt anyone will notice)

--

Ritagram

Subject: the most legit claim

Im rouge add me to mafia den pls

--

Brunnerj

I was the SK.
After leaving pravinas at 10:57, I ran over to w20 to kill Lucy, and then ran back to the math major lounge to rest before my 11:30 class.

Also, libsackt proxied a priest investigation through me to maxmurin who just posted it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 am 
Wow okay those went into the wrong thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:25 am 
fmajluf7: I plan to stalk her until she's alone and then kill her (*fingers crossed she's not a desperado*)

:'( RIP Francesca. Lotta is in fact an activated desperado (and the only activated desperado in game).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:28 am 
:(
Though it definitely makes sense for lotta to have activated for today. She's so LOUD in town square.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:05 am 
Oh Lotta and Linus have class together right now. Francesca will have to abort and pick someone else

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:06 am 
Also with pravinas but I don't think she walked there with them

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am 
Whew, mafia are disappointed, but they really dodged a bullet there. Also, libsackt has spotted brunnerj on Tetazoo, which people think is weird. IDK how I missed libsackt coming by, but I didn't notice him at all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 am 
What is Josh doing on tetazoo?