Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm 
So KS+SL+I are doing a thing where we cooperate. By this we mean that we never investigate or stalk each other; we kill other people if it's all the same to us mechanically; and we ask our teammates not to kill each other. So, please leave KS+SL alive; this affords some measure of protection to me. I'm marking them lower priority in the spreadsheet accordingly. I probably believe they'll stick to this. (If at some point it is to our mechanical advantage to go against each other instead of against other equivalent players, the alliance dissolves.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm 
Also, achester is sort of cooperating with me in that we said we'd avoid killing each other if it was all the same to us, and if there's more than one kill in a day, we can each choose one (not made by our faction) to tell the other to focus on if they're an investigator. I'm not sure how much this is worth since he and I weren't able to think of any generalized ways we could actually cooperate.

I'm going to maybe try to set similar things up with more people for additional protection, but I'm exhausted rn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 pm 
Katie also wants to do a thing where each of us 3 states one other person we don't want dead (a mafia buddy, GN partner, plotting buddy, or random person if we have none of those) and then we do our best to make it happen. So that'd be 4 people for us to try not to kill. The 3 of us could also tell each other people we do want dead, and if any of us has kill powers and it's convenient, we make it happen, or otherwise push lynch mobs. The proposed mechanism for this is that we tell each other in a cycle, so that it's not clear where the wants-dead or doesnt-want-dead originates, and precommit to not trying to sniff out which people wanted them dead/not dead or which of us made the kill or otherwise derive any informational advantage to the detriment of the others that we wouldn't have at all if we weren't working together; so that we all purely benefit from the precommitment.

I think I'm down to participate in this; I trust them to honor precommitments, and I look sketchy if I *don't* join their plots. So I'll probably say I don't want Lucy dead. (Lucy, we could claim outer GN at some point if we're execution targets but not under any hard evidence.) Does this seem reasonable? Is there anyone I want to say that we *do* want dead? Maybe Isaac who will probably have good alibis for kills made at ET when he's not there? Alternatively I can just RNG some BS for whom I don't want dead.

Anyway, I'll post here to update if this happens, and tell you guys if there's anyone in particular we should kill or not kill based on this alliance. Obviously you guys aren't bound by it and should make your own judgments, but it seems beneficial for now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:53 pm 
jamb wrote:
Also, achester is sort of cooperating with me in that we said we'd avoid killing each other if it was all the same to us
To be clear, we said this before game so I'm not bound by it as an agreement or precommitment or anything, just a probably-mutually-beneficial-for-now thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:36 pm 
I'm worried that ksedlar or sammy is planning on betrayal. If you think ksedlar was honest when she approached you, then I'd believe that she will stick with her original plan for a long time. I'm not sure about sammy.

TM seems likely to cooperate with us, given their small numbers. I'm more worried about a town town getting us lynched.

Given that we're about to see two days of TM kills, I think protecting other mafia by naming them gains us more benefit by protecting us from TM than it does from possibly outing us to a TT.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:44 pm 
Okay. I'll name Lucy for wanting alive and Isaac for wanting dead. It definitely doesn't 100% out since we have the potential GN claim.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm 
Apparently it's an "or" so I'm just saying Lucy alive and not mentioning anyone dead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm 
Results that people want (in alphabetical order):

aok dead
dgrazian alive
Lucy alive

So.... aok watch your neck for the next 2 days :(
I'm marking Dgrazian lower accordingly, and will make no moves against him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:21 pm 
They're planning to start a lynch mob on aok for day 1 kill. We better make sure someone else looks like a reeeeeeal good lynch target tonight. Fake investigation?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:49 pm 
It looks increasingly unlikely that someone else will make a kill today since people are spread out and can alibi each other. We should consider some course of action to save aok. Maybe aok should send out a fake investigation framing someone else? There probably aren't any investigators with an investigation left on day 1 kill, but it's risky, and provable innocence could bite us. But if aok does it he has little to lose.