Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Planning
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:50 pm 
Unresolved things to do today:

sammyluo wrote:
btw can I gchat you for immediate information (or communicate some other way)? Forums appear to be very slow for doing this.

In particular, you should proxy out the negative achester -> lukesci outvestigation soon probably. Should I still send out a negative on you? (see section 2b for reasons)

2. GN stuff
We need to decide what to do with your GNness.
2a. You should outvestigate someone for lukesci's death and hopefully get a revenge kill in. The living players who could have made the kill are:
aok
jamb
ksedlar
Lucy

Of these, jamb and Lucy have negative outvestigations on them. I think that decreases the chance that they made the kill, but only slightly. In particular, the jamb -> lukesci outvestigation was proxied by Lucy to me at 8:40pm, and the Lucy -> lukesci outvestigation was announced by Elaine at 9:32pm (probably sent to her earlier). The only people that were at ET early enough to collect clues for these were, I think, aok, achester, lilychen, jamb. We'd expect at most one of these to be an outvestigator, so we expect one of these to be either a stalker or fake. We also have ksedlar's (possibly out-) stalking, so I'd estimate the probability at least one of these is fake at slightly under 1/2. (I'm not sure the details of my logic here are right, but it should be heuristically reasonable.)

I am contractually encouraged to suggest you to investigate one of aok and Lucy, rather than one of ksedlar and jamb. Feel free to take my suggestion or not. Other notes: jamb and I have expressed finding aok sketchy for his initial suggestion of not revealing dimension of investigations; ksedlar has claimed to have gotten innocence vibes from him. I'm actually kind of sketched by Lucy having innocent investigations on her in both dimensions (as well as apparently answering "are you sure?" in the van to "look at all the living players here"), but maybe innocent investigations still should update us towards believing the targets' innocence. Also, maybe Josh really did kill luke, in which case we're not going to get anything anyway.

2b. You should decide how, if at all, to announce your dying GNness publicly. If you do find the killer, it's perhaps best just to publicly claim that you did so, and then set up a out-GCN (GCout?). If not, maybe you could make the regular kill and frame it as a revenge kill? But that's probably not optimal. The optimal thing to do in this case is probably just report your investigation truthfully and then set up the GCout. I could send an innocent investigation (probably not outvestigation, to avoid trapsetters) on you right nowish to make people feel safer about you when you do this later. Assuming we've successfully set up the GCout, you should definitely tell me the members, but beyond that there are a few options:
-We could immediately release the info publicly to try to up the kill rate
-I could hold the info to barter with mafia at a future date, while in the meantime doing something good for town.
-You could get me into the GCout, but this feels very unsafe and is probably bad

3. Kills
a. Today. Hopefully you can pick off someone at ET today without getting too much suspicion thrown on you?

b. Tomorrow. Any suggestions for who I should try to kill tomorrow? The main opportunity will probably be the lead-up to ksedlar's party. Maybe I could wander near random for a bit, kill the first player I see, go away, and come back later. I'm historically bad at killing, so things are likely not to work well, but that's okay I guess.

Anything else to think about?

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Planning
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm 
You can definitely gchat me. Note that I'll be playing minions at King's Court from 7:30 onwards though.

I will make a kill sometime today, probably before then. Your main job I think (both now and subsequently) is to stay alive.

I'm still unsure how, if at all, to use my gay-knightness (other than making a guess of course, and killing the person if the guess is incorrect.) But here is what I am leaning toward (gchat me if you don't like it) :
I will make a guess. If right I kill that person (and kill another person later with our regular kill.) If wrong, I still make a kill and claim that it was a gay knight kill (through a proxy.) But I'm dying tonight anyway so no big deal. I will try to control the lynch vote and set up gay knight/ic networks. If permitted.

Definitely don't do anything sketchy to defend me no matter how badly things go on.

I like your plan for killing tomorrow very much.

If at any point your death is truly inevitable, remember that we are on team town in the outer-game and act accordingly (e.g. it might be worth letting town know that they've killed us.) Or better yet bargain with town to stay alive and let them direct your kill power! That should be beneficial for both town mafia (us) and town town. It'll be difficult to make work but who knows?

I will proxy out your investigation imminently.

In general, I think we want to have mafia and town town degraded somewhat evenly, but I think given the choice, mafia should die. Until and unless the mafia- reveal- each- other plot succeeds, at which point we try to stay out of the way as the town and mafia kill each other, and we just kill the town town.

Sorry for jumping randomly from idea to idea between paragraphs.