It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:03 am 
On Day 2, Bianca was lynched. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:11 am 
Jason stated:
Quote:
I don't have particularly strong evidence for Steven, but as of Jingxun's post of 9:55, I either need to believe that she is lying or that Bianca isn't mafia. I choose believing Jingxun, at least for now. I'm somewhat suspicious of everyone who posted after 9:55 and didn't talk about this.

Jason meant that "Steven Mo is a really experienced player" (quoted from Jingxun).

My real question is: Jason, how much do you know/trust (on the basis of this game) Jingxun that her statement?

Second, I do admit that I have some experiences playing many regular mafia games before and really enjoy the game. I organized at least three mafia games in Next House (one in Thanksgiving, and two in IAP so far). Most people who have played mafia with me before will probably know already that I'm an "experienced player," so there's no question. How does "an experienced player" have anything to do with one being a mafia? No, there's no such link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:18 am 
Hey Steven (or anybody else)
Next time you're arranging a game of table mafia give me a call or email.
619-655-0432

Also, anybody feel free to call me to arrange a discussion about this mafia game. I only know a few people in the game, and I think there is only one other participant at Simmons or EC (Lauren at 4E of EC).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 am 
Posts from yesterday for reference:

Jingxun at 9:55:
"Hi everyone, I am Jingxun. Sorry for the late reply. Just finished cooking. So about yesterday:

1. About Bianca: Bianca DID tap on my shoulder before midnight yesterday (Day 1), and I was attempted to use the Med kit. But my Med kit is still valid. So I don't think Bianca is actually a Mafia because otherwise my Med kit would be gone...

2. About Di: Bianca told me that Di was scared after she attempted to tap her. Bianca wanted me to clarify with Di that she was playing with Di like she was playing with me. So I went with Bianca to Di's room and told her that Bianca played the same joke on me.

3. Steven Mo is a really experienced player."

Me at 12:00:
"I don't have particularly strong evidence for Steven, but as of Jingxun's post of 9:55, I either need to believe that she is lying or that Bianca isn't mafia. I choose believing Jingxun, at least for now. I'm somewhat suspicious of everyone who posted after 9:55 and didn't talk about this. In particular, Steven has had it out for Bianca for a while.
That said, I'm not very confident, there's no way to change the vote in time, and Bianca will be dead for sure anyway. She is really making the game confusing, so hopefully things will be a little more sensible now...."

Alex clarifying at 12:16:
"At the time, neither Bianca nor Jingxun told me about Bianca "killing" Jingxun. I was in my room at the time (right across from Jingxun's), and only heard Bianca laugh hysterically and say to Jingxun she was kidding and did not actually do anything. Nothing was reported. Later in the evening, I asked Bianca and she said that Jingxun took out her Medkit and she did not tap Jingxun's shoulder. Apparently, Bianca actually did. However, so as not to retcon things, I'll make Bianca not tapping Jingxun's shoulder the official version of events."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:35 am 
@Daniel
If you're up for going to Baker Dining again tonight, I'd be willing to talk.
You can facebook stalk me to see what I look like - I just friended you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:49 am 
Jason, sounds good. 5:30 then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 pm 
it says on Alex's door that Alan is killed next to baker on his way to his classes around 9am, forgot the specific time. can we know where everyone is at that time?
me: i was stilll sleeping in next, you can ask my roommates Steve Drapcho and Alan Zhao. they didnt leave until 9:15ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:24 pm 
wait..somebody was killed already?? Y isn't there any annoucement?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:50 pm 
well it's on alex's board. unless some1 js randomly wrote it on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm 
I was sleeping then (Simmons 252, roommate John Chen). I got up at 11:00 for a 12:00 7.391 (Bio. lab) class. It just finished.

I'm going to be at Baker dining at 5:30. Jason has already said he'll be there. If some more people good come, it might be informative to get a real-time discussion going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm 
can you or someone else whos also present at the meeting post a summary of the discussion afterwards then? or better yet, video tape it and post it on youtube. that would be helpful to the people who cant make it to the meeting. thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:56 pm 
Sure, I (or someone else present) will post the minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 pm 
Has anybody seen Alan or verified the message on Alex's door some other way.

I am at Baker dining right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 pm 
I was in my room at that time. Unfortunately, I can't give verification since I have a single.
Also, is this official??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm 
First, according to the rules, every player in this game has to honestly answer the question "Are you still alive or not in this live action mafia game"? I just called Alan, and he told me that nobody tapped on his shoulder or "banged" him today. Therefore, Alan is still alive.

Second, Alex never posted an official message claiming that Alan is killed.

Third, the spelling outside Alex's door is "Allan" with two L's instead of Alan's correct spelling of one L.

Therefore, I'm 100% confident that somebody posted that fake message outside Alex's door, and Alan is still alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:43 pm 
I would also like to know if the announcement is official.

I was still asleep in my room at 9am. Can't really prove it since I have a single =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 pm 
Really, people, don't screw up game statistics by spreading blatantly fake information. It's one thing to lie about being the Mafia, but it's another thing to lie about whether someone's dead or not.

Yi, when did you happen to see this message on Alex's door?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:50 pm 
Ok, my bad, i guess alan is not killed. but i saw that message around 2 pm today when i came back for lunch break. tho i didnt check alex's board when i went out earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm 
Yeah, I'm with Steven M. that is probably false. Last night someone had written a bunch of false stuff all over Alex's board, and he promptly erased it when he saw it. So, I'm confident that this was fake as well.

I'll be at Next for a little while, and then I'm going to a salsa dancing lesson. I'll be at Next later tonight if anyone wants to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:04 pm 
And I also agree with Vivian: whoever's writing this stuff on Alex's board/trying to mess up the game, please stop!!! It goes against the spirit and fun of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 pm 
To get some solid confirmation, I just called Alex. No one had informed him that Alex is dead, so he is still alive.

Alex also requested that I tell everyone to please report anything to him immediately if anything does happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:10 pm 
^ whoops, typo. No one had informed *Alex* that *Alan* was killed, so *Alan* is not dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:54 pm 
People at Baker meeting:
-Daniel Grazian
-JasonTrigg
-uhhjj
-Bianca was present but we issued a gag order.

Things we discussed
- We can draw no conclusions about the Bianca fiasco yesterday. There may or may not have been a moderator foul-up regarding Bianca's "killings."
- Investigators should definitely reveal themselves if they come up with a "yes" response. Remember to use investigator power every day (you can investigate previous days killings multiple times, so investigate skates' death again today if there are no new kills.
- People with medkits- take advantage of your immunity by interviewing suspicious people. If you can manage to do so, try to killed by a mafia member so you can subsequently reveal him/her
- Speaking of medkits- we want some rotation of medkits so that their locations are not publicly known. Any ideas of how to effect this?
- If nothing revealing occurs tonight we recommend voting "no lynch"
-Keep talking, posting, and otherwise trying to figure out who can be trusted and who cannot

Signed,
Daniel Grazian
JasonTrigg
uhhjj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm 
People, so just you know. I haven't written anything,and I'm not going to do anything to spoil the game. Today, I was away from 8 up until 19. I was dining with Daniel and Jason, and when I heard about Alex's door, I thought it was the same thing from yesterday (I have written that Shadman and a couple other 5E inhabitants have been killed), but it seems that there is nothing that i have wrote.
I am dead.
(alibi: people at work, python class, urop coordinator :P )
Have fun playing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:57 pm 
Posting to note that I in fact agree with what Daniel wrote.

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:58 pm 
i was indeed there with daniel and jason too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm 
I'm probably asking to get myself killed. But in the efforts of getting this game done before Mystery Hunt. Bianca did kill Skates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:23 pm 
Nur, would you please confirm again that you claim to be the investigator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:26 pm 
I found out who wrote the stuff on the board. it's a kid actually named Allan. he's my roommate and he knows that we are playing live action mafia. he did that just for fun and to confuse us. -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:27 pm 
Yes, I am the Investigator.