Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Such Regrets
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm 
So I died. Lily Chen killed me as I was heading to the Margaret Cheney Room. The thing is that
1) i totally could have prevented it and
2) i'm rogue

If i had just thought more quickly, rogue would have gotten in contact with mafia day 1. (With Lily at least, i doubt she would have put me in contact with anyone else until i proved myself on day 3)

So I randomly run into her on the upper infinite heading in the opposite direction. Just as im about to reach the margaret Cheney room, i see her turning back to follow me. I duck inside. Both my phone and computer are dead so I can't send her a message saying, "i saw you following me what's up with that?" or something like "i saw you try to kill me, i know you're mafia, but it's cool im rogue" (this last one I probably wouldn't have done cuz there's the chance that she had just looped back to talk to me for a legitimate reason)

i "nap" while my phone charges for a bit, enough that I don't notice that she walked into the women's room as well. I get up to go pee and she runs over and bangs me. Here I again i may have been able to blurt out, "i'm rogue. don't kill me" Not sure how much good that would have done but like i may have convinced her to talk for a bit.

Finally something I didn't realize I could have done until just now. I had a taser. I could have activated it on her, tased her, and then gotten her to talk to me. By this point its obvious i know she's mafia. When i claim to be rogue i could actually be rogue or I could be a townsperson pulling shit to gain the mafia's trust. Either way, i feel that at that point, she may as well listen to me. If i was actually a townsperson, I would make sure to have told someone that she was mafia and that I was going to claim rogue to her so it wouldn't do any good for her to kill me then. She'd be caught either way. And if i was rogue then i can prove myself on Thursday.

Basically, today could have gone much better for mafia.

Post subject: Re: Such Regrets
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm 
I really feel bad about this; I'm sorry.

Rogue either needs to be cut from the game, or rules need to be changed so that this doesn't happen. I almost cut rogue from the game precisely because of the potential for this sort of scenario. I should have followed through with that.

Also, Lucy, if you think you would have fun writing flavor text for the game, you can totally do that. Only if it's something you'd have fun doing :)

(Same goes for other early ghosts, if Lucy isn't interested.)

Post subject: Re: Such Regrets
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 am 
First murder of the game hits a rogue? So tragic I'm almost not happy about it. Almost. I'm even happier I refused to give Lily Chen the medkit. Now if only I'd told someone she sketched me out.