Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:05 pm 
Okay, so for posterity...

Life is unfortunate. I am not mayor, which would have been nice. I should have jumped on that void instead of letting Arkhipov do it. I have both fake IDs, so I have 3 voting power. Having 5 from being mayor would be nice. I get a free kill on Erin when I feel like it. Want to kill Alex eventually both because he's mayor and generally good at the game. Preferably while the police officer is dead so they don't get the investigator.

Unfortunately, we've burned a /lot/ of abilities, including the frame, which is a problem. I doubt I can pull this through, but we'll see. If I ever hit an ironheart or medkit, I'm screwed. Town also is missing all but one medkit, but still...

The derp with Shi-ke and the mafia count is nice. But I don't know what I can get out of that. We'll see how that develops.

Sheep left:
adehnert
Alex
andrealincoln
CarrieL
Eric Yang
ermain
shikexue
swooton
theo

Without being mayor, I have as much voting power as the mayor. Alex has to die. There's no way around that. If he's ironheart, the only way I can do this is by poisoning him. Otherwise, gg. But the same risk exists with everyone else. It's... possible I can find an inactive and dupe them into revealing their role to me? That would certainly simplify ironheart guessing. If that works, that means I poison Alex.

If I poison someone today, day 4, they will be assumed innocent days 5 and 6 and die at the start of day 7. Days 4, 5, and 6 will ideally each have a kill and a lynch. Then there will be two people (one person if I cash in on the Erin freebie) left, if I survive that long, and I will win without being mayor. (And there will be too few people to elect one.) In addition, I will not be mayor if I poison someone. If I poison Alex, he will stay mayor until he dies. If I poison someone else, as soon as I kill Alex, he's the obvious choice for mayor.

If I don't use poison, there's no guaranteed-innocent person. That's good, I guess? Then I can try for mayor and end the game earlier. In that case, I need five people dead, not seven. That doesn't seem that much easier? Three killed and two lynched. One can be an Erin combo. One must be Alex.

Conclusion: I should have done this calculation earlier and poisoned someone day 3. Decide by the end of day 4 whether to poison Alex. Also try to dupe some inactives.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 pm 
Also, kill priorities: Shi-ke and Alex are probably the most likely to make reasonable decisions. Getting rid of them would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 pm 
Ugh, another thing: every investigation is a guaranteed innocent person. I should maybe cash in on killing my investigator early. Erin does basically everything I ask her to right now, but she won't investigate no one.

Still, if I kill her, someone will likely investigate me, and then I'm screwed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:27 pm 
I could try the

1. Bye, folks! I'm going to campus to meet my advisor!
2. Bike partway through, lock my bike somewhere, and walk back.
3. Sneak in the back entrance, kill first person I see, sneak out.
4. Walk back to bike and finish going to campus.
5. Bike home and loudly come home.

ploy... if nothing else, it'd be pretty funny if it worked. I think the only way I can win this is if I do some seeeeeerious bullshit like this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:09 am 
Note to self, consider following possibility when more awake: don't poison anyone. Instead, claim to be poisoned. Time such that, by the time they realize I'm lying, I've already won. Hope no one realizes that I have both fake ids and actually win earlier than expected.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:22 am 
I have a receipt from Trader Joe's if you need it. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 am 
Pretending to be poisoned is probably a bad plan. People need to die optimally or I hit upon a gay knight for that to work. Ideal would be if it were Erons. If I survive today, arrange to be pulled over by god at the start of the new day, but only act on plan to claim poison if it turns out

Shi-Ke is dead. But with an investigator and a mayor, me being one of three most active left, and Erin still alive, I probably not going to deflect both investigations. There's also Shi-Ke's investigator, if not himself. And that thing Alex said. Wonder if that was just a trap to burn a set a trap. (Willing to believe he was his own proxy... Maybe he actually did investigate the first day. In that case he didn't have a whole lot of time to get a proxy. The three of us were together basically the whole time. Unless that was established before that day.

Too bad god and Erin are both asleep right now. A thought: maybe killing her and not playing "oh fuck, that was my investigator" straight is a better plan. Though I feel like Erin being my buddy is obviously enough that I should play it straight and pin it on obviousness.

Another ploy that would be amusing but unlikely to happen: get adehnert's med kit from him to give to my investigator since I'm a known proxy. Then I can destroy it, kill Erin, and say mafia must have kaboomed. Then there isn't an unaccounted for med kit later if someone ever requests I give it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:07 am 
That was easy. Last med kit destroyed. All active items are now in my possession.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:29 am 
I suppose there was no point in actually destroying it and keeping it in case I need to produce it later would have been prudent. Oh well. Uh, butterfingers. We mafia have, uh, destructive tendencies. SET ALL THE THINGS ON FIRE!!

*ahem*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:40 pm 
And Erin is dead. Pretty sure I'm dead but at least I got to backstab her. Bahahahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:40 pm 
And Erin is dead. Pretty sure I'm dead but at least I got to backstab her. Bahahahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:54 pm 
Knowledge is king.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:34 pm 
Two signatures away from an impeachment + election petition. Meeting Andrea on campus now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:08 pm 
One left. Sadly no one's home.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:34 pm 
THIS IS AMAZING. Alex's first choice to investigate isn't me. It's Eric! Managed to delay doing things until 6:30, so hopefully someone shows up by then. I think I still want to play this mayor gamit. It sounds like fun. And I still need to get rid of Alex.

Honestly, if I'm a confirmed 5-vote-power mafia mayor in a sea of inactive townies and lose because people get together, that'll still be glorious enough that I'll be happy.

Also, Theo just told me she's superhero. So now I know where Shi-ke's investigations have been coming from. Risk-free kill.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 pm 
And Eric should be home in time for my last signature.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:45 pm 
And Eric should be home in time for my last signature.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 pm 
Crap. Soooo close.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:16 pm 
On the plus side, I'm mayor now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 pm 
Well, I think I've secured the votes for the first day at least. Inactives are so gullible. God is being slow about announcing the new mayor, but that's actually pretty good for me. Less time to impeach! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:25 pm 
Well, whatever happens, I think I managed some amusement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:29 pm 
That was fun. It's unfortunate having to argue against Arkhipov. He has the distinct advantage of not lying.