Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scheming Day 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:06 pm 
You are Adam. You are Ben. You are the mafia. You do not like this town. You want the townies to die. You do not want yourselves to die. You will want a new recruit at some point. You want to win.

The mafia powers available to you are:

Frame a Townsperson (1)
Set a Trap (2)
Slaughter the Weak (2)
Bring out the Big Guns (2)
Poison a Victim (1)
Conscript a Townsperson (1)

Note that you do not have 'Hire a Hitman.' You'll have to do the dirty work yourselves :)

You should post in the Mafia Den as much as possible. It is safer than talking in person, and it is entertaining for me and the other players to read (the others after the game of course.)

Post subject: Re: Scheming Day 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 pm 
So, Ben.

Who should we murder today?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 pm 
I murdered Lily like 2 minutes ago--let's not murder anyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 pm 
So here's my opinion on the subject of conscripting townspeople: because a person you conscript might get lynched, it's better to conscript as late as possible. In other words, we, the mafia, don't know who the town will choose to lynch, but by delaying conscription we can decrease the odds that the person we conscript is somebody who will ultimately be lynched by the town.

Of course, it's also crucial that we use this incredible power before the game ends. That means that when there's only one of us left, probably the other one of us should use it. Or maybe only use it until it looks like people suspect them (but that's dangerous, because finding people alone in rooms is not always that easy).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:22 pm 
Where did you murder lily?
BTW, in the future, eric can be an easy kill for me but people will suspect me for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:49 pm 
The Pit.

I'm a little alarmed by the fact that I seem to be the only one lacking an alibi. I didn't expect that...

Probably better in the future to kill when people aren't clumped... But I wanted to get a kill in before 9pm.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm 
So are you going to kill people on the daytime instead?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:58 pm 
I don't think I'm gonna be killing people anymore--I talked to people in Chapter Room, and they all said they wanted to kill me, because someone had investigated.

So I think I'm gonna die.

But yeah, killing at midnight or 1am seems like it's better in general, since people will be going to bed at that time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:03 pm 
I should probably conscript someone in a day or two, since I will be sleeping pretty early these days which makes me hard to stay alone with someone.
What's your thought?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:05 pm 
Yeah that's reasonable. You could also try killing in the mornings? I dunno.

This game gets really practically hard when there's only one person left. Conscripting seems like a good idea if I die, if it's hard to make the kill by yourself each day. Sorry--didn't mean to die on you so early...