Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fake Role Plans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:05 pm 
We should all decide on fake roles to pretend to be. One of us should be investigator, so that we can feed town fake investigation results. Conspiracy theorist, desperado, prophet, backup, and superhero are also reasonable roles to claim. Of these, conspiracy theorist, desperado, and superhero should have the fewest claim complications. (Prophets could be pressured into proving themselves by smiting someone, and backups would have to know the role of the person they "backed up.") Desperados, if they are under enough suspicion to be pressured into "going desperado," would probably be lynched before their "time" is up anyway. Conspiracy theorist and superhero could be asked to quickly reveal a running list of their conspiracy theorist targets or their superhero roles for each day, but that is easily fakeable in advance. Under no circumstances should a mafia claim to be gay knight or innocent child. Our conscript will of course claim to be whatever role they originally were.

Personally, I would like to be investigator. I have experience being investigator from the fall game, so I could play the role well. I'm assuming Josh has his own role preferences. Pesto, if anyone should claim prophet, it should be you, since you don't live near people town would want "smited," and you would be less likely to have to prove yourself. Desperado would also be a low-stress role for a new player, since you don't have to do much until you "go desperado," which you never will.

Post subject: Re: Fake Role Plans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:28 pm 
Katie should definitely be investigator. do NOT, claim prophet, prophet checking is a frequent occurance and it is dangerous. I intend to be close to the vest with my role when pressured will probably be a back up early game, backing up a desperado later game.

Pesto, consider between desperado and conspiracy theorist both are reasonable choices.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 am 
I'll claim desperado (but I'll try to avoid saying so).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:45 pm 
hoseasiu, have you claimed conspiracy theorist to anyone yet?

Even if you have, you might want to pretend to be superhero. That way we can still feed town fake investigation results after I die.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:16 pm 
I've told Lucy and dkaufman that I'm desperado.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:22 pm 
Hosea, you should pretend to be superhero; don't tell anyone, though. Katie, you should claim that you're proxying for a superhero. After Katie dies, you should reveal as superhero to someone else, and give them bad investigations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm 
I don't think I should claim I'm a superhero proxy. I don't want to link myself to him. Also, it's completely reasonable that hoseasiu not reveal as superhero yet. He can claim he is saving up charges, and didn't want to reveal until he actually made an investigation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:29 pm 
No, it's totally fine to have him linked to you, I think. It isn't really sketchy at all. It's totally like the mafia to pick up a random innocent investigator/superhero, and guide his investigations away from guilty people. If he's ever supposed to investigate an guilty person, they just kill him.

Katie should say:
"I am proxying for an investigator."

Hosea should say:
"She PMed me. I told her I was superhero. She offered to be my proxy. It is now likely that mafia knows my role."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:35 pm 
People will want to lynch him. Town likes lynching far-off players anyway. If they think that at best, he is a far-off player (who as a result posts bad alibis) who has been set-a-trapped, and at worst, he's mafia, then at least some people will want to lynch him.

I don't see what benefit you think will result from this anyway. It's perfectly reasonable for him, as a newbie superhero, to have waited to reveal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:50 pm 
I was going to continue to claim to be conspiracy theorist, but superhero also works quite well. I didn't get a chance to tell anyone my original role anyway, so I'll start letting some people know that I'm superhero.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:52 pm 
Superheroes are far less likely to be lynched than Conspiracy Theorists. Town doesn't lynch people making investigations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:56 pm 
I'll keep track of a fake superhero points record and if asked, I'll just say that I started off using invulnerable, being the cautious new player that I am. If we need fake investigations, I can start making them infrequently once at least some people know that I'm superhero.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:05 pm 
I still don't think there is any point to me publicly saying I'm his proxy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm 
Yeah, you don't need to say so. After Katie dies, though, I think we want Hosea to reveal, saying that the mafia knows his role.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm 
But why should he say that the mafia know his role? Why shouldn't he just find a proxy and keep quiet about his role?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:26 pm 
Because if he's publicly superhero, he's unlikely to be lynched randomly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:27 pm 
In fact, why not say that the next innocent person who died was the one who knew his role, so he needs a new proxy? Or that he's only know revealing himself to a proxy because he's only now built up some points?

(Hosea, who have you told what about your role?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:28 pm 
If he were superhero, he'dn't want to reveal it publicly. He can proxy to someone active enough to vouch for him if the town gets the idea of lynching him?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 pm 
If is about to be lynched, THEN he can publicly claim superhero, and get his proxy to confirm. You guys can poke him if he's about to be lynched too, so he won't miss the chance to defend himself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 pm 
Yeah, I think it's reasonable for him to not reveal to a proxy until he has "built up charges."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:43 pm 
He hasn't revealed to anyone. As of right now, he is an inactive superhero. It would be a good excuse for him to reveal his role in an extremely believable way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 pm 
So far, I've only revealed to toller, who is also a new player, to go along with the whole "hey we're new at this, let's follow the general strategies we were given" thing. I haven't asked anyone to proxy for me yet, and I think I'll hold off on that for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 am 
Incidentally, your proxy should be someone who already knows your role, since that's what a superhero would do. (That is, toller.)

Also, might be a bad idea to reveal to another person this late---might be suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:41 am 
You shouldn't reveal to a proxy; you should reveal publicly. That's what people whose roles are known by the mafia do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 am 
Aok, we understand what you want and disagree with it; no need to post the same thing over again. (Also, too late for revealing publicly to be unsketchy, anyway.)