Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: General Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:23 pm 
Okay, so I'm one signature (Lisa's) from becoming mayor. It seems like being mayor is just an overall good thing for us to have. I think I might actually like a townie police officer. Having one will justify me not getting killed (due to the detective power), and we can simply interrupt their interrogations by killing them. Plus, campaigning for one might get us townie points.

Another idea I have: Get Lisa's microphone. I would claim that I would have no reason to want it since it would be useless to a mafia me (since I have the corresponding receiver). BUT, Lucy will tell me her role and her information about Victor if I give her my receiver. She will then give the receiver to someone else, who will confirm that she gave it to them, and they will give it to someone else (this is so she doesn't look like she's asking for a receiver because she's mafia.) So, we'd get a lot of Lucy's townie trust without having to put a mic/receiver pair back in circulation.

If anyone else has general plans that we should do, speak up here.

Post subject: Re: General Stuff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 pm 
GUYS!!! Through killing Lily, I gained her powers!!!

Specifically, her powers from last game of gathering lots of items. I now have mic 2 and receiver 1, in addition to the receiver 2 I started with. For the first, I persuaded it out of Lisa. I told her the (generally actually good) advice that since I started with receiver 2, giving me mic 2 wouldn't be useful to me at all as mafia, but it would be useful to me as town. Essentially, if I were mafia, her mic would be worthless anyway since I would just hold on to the receiver. Normally, this would be true, but now it means that I can give my receiver to Lucy and "prove" myself not mafia.

Also, by complete coincidence, Isaac gave me receiver 1. Josh, this means that you can give up your mic and get a townie to trust you. Really play up the "why would mafia give away a mic?" angle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
Also, by complete coincidence, Isaac gave me receiver 1.

Um. I really didn't want to find out about this in this way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:49 pm 
Incidentally, ksedlar, the alibis spreadsheet requests more information (I assume your partner's name) from you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 pm 
Sorry George.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:54 am 
Hi, guess I'm the new mafia.
I've already introduced myself in the town, so I guess I'll just note a few things:
- I live very far away from most people (in Next House) and am not on a Random guest list, making kills harder
- Most people don't know me, which makes identifying me harder
- I don't normally have much interaction with most people playing, making my alibis harder to verify (but understandably so)
- This is my first time playing, which likely decreases my sketchiness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 am 
Not being on the Random guest list doesn't make kills harder. I just have to let you in. People being unable to identify you is nice, and you will never get lynched from it being sketchy that you've lived "too long."

The major downside is that this leaves me as the only Random mafia. People outside of Random don't realize exactly how much in-person conversation about live action mafia goes on at Random. I would imagine playing it from somewhere else would be a completely different experience. This makes it really unfortunate that I made the first kill. I would really like it if you guys could make most kills from now on.

Anyway hoseasiu, you probably want to read over mafia den posts so far. I have also made this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0
for looking over good players to kill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:41 pm 
Hosea, please give us your contact info. gchat is my preferred form of communication. Phone number is also important.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:47 pm 
I'm achesterberg@gmail.com, 609 616 2849.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:29 pm 
Oh yeah, I'm dragona359@gmail.com, phone number 402-304-9534.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 pm 
adam.kalinich@gmail.com, 630-777-5050

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:48 pm 
zerox9819@gmail.com 9175206413