Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Poison someone soon?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:37 pm 
Tomorrow is the last day where, if everything goes as well as possible for us, poisoning someone would save us a day. (There are currently 15 townies alive and 4 of us. Hitman, poison, and at least two uses of set a trap are free kills, leaving 11. If we poison someone tomorrow, there'll be up to 7 more kills before it finishes (3 of us, 1 rogue, 3 lynchings), leaving 4 town if we're that lucky.)

We wouldn't actually need the poison if everything's going that well, so we should save it for someone specific it's useful on instead of going by the schedule, but we should keep in mind that we might want to use it soon.

Post subject: Re: Poison someone soon?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 pm 
Shall we go ahead and poison Shike today?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 pm 
I think we should go ahead and do it.

Additionally, do we want to plant evidence on Lucy? Town might actually believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:38 pm 
Plant evidence doesn't exist this game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:48 pm 
Otherwise, we absolutely would plant evidence on her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 pm 
I'm (rather more than) a bit sketched out about using poison on shike. Shike at least will start trying to get me lynched ("why is dgrazian still alive; he's harder to kill normally than I am...") Other's will likely agree with him.

I haven't done the calculations yet on how much longer the game is likely to last, but I was thinking that I should claim to be poisoned in a day or two. Then at the end of that time period we poison somebody for real.

If we do use poison now, I'd rather it be on somebody other than shike. Miranda Gavrin perhaps?

And we are allowed to take poison back or change the target before the end of the day unless the rules have changed. I recommend doing this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:56 pm 
You can suggest that the mafia thought the town would do its killing-you work for it?

I'd be ok with taking it back if that's allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:57 pm 
pesto, I'm going to leave this up to you. I need to go for the next several minutes. Consider whether we need to poison somebody now and consider the implications of suspicion on me (and you possibly nearly as much so: you're known to be good at these types of games and you're difficult to kill.)

The more I think about it, the more I think do not use poison. At least not on shike.

Aok you can take back the move too I think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:58 pm 
If we take it back, you should kill someone tomorrow and claim to be poisoned at the end of the day. Your lie will be revealed at the start of the day you're allowed to kill again, so you can get one kill in before you're lynched. We can poison Shike at the same time. (That's the fastest we could poison Shike, if you're going to claim to be poisoned.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 pm 
I am 99% sure taking back poison (or any other move that hasn't been resolved yet) is allowed. Unless you see a forced win at this point or something, I think you should take it back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:00 pm 
You can take it back before the end of the day (in 9 minutes) if you'd like.

I think the "claim poison" trick won't work as well has having Victor and me reveal, and then having Victor killed with set a trap.

I think we should take it back. I do think we should use it on Miranda, though. We should be aggressive.

Yeah, Pesto's plan sounds good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:02 pm 
Taken back. Not using it on anyone today.

We can probably kill Miranda regularly---see the plotting thread.