Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The other medkit
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:58 pm 
The other medkit started out in EC, so it's probably still there. This is an added complication for trying to kill anyone there. Possible solutions:

-Hire a hitman so we won't be revealed if we fail. (But better use for a hitman elsewhere?)
-Poison. (Definitely. Maybe even today.)
-Leave them all alive for now. (Avoids the risk of the medkit landing somewhere unknown.)
-Have dgrazian and me or Hosea go together to kill one of them. Dgrazian tries first. If they say "I do not die", Hosea or I bangs them again. (Mods, if someone doesn't die due to medkit, do we get to know immediately that that's why they don't die?)
-When we frame someone, have it be an EC person.

Post subject: Re: The other medkit
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:06 pm 
achester wrote:
(Mods, if someone doesn't die due to medkit, do we get to know immediately that that's why they don't die?)

No. It could be due to being a conspiracy theorist with the correct person listed, an active desperado, or an invulnerable superhero as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:29 pm 
Mods, pressing on this: if someone doesn't die to an active medkit, we have to be able to distinguish it from the other things at some point, because there's the mechanical difference that we aren't allowed recruit someone protected by a medkit but could recruit someone protected by the other things. (If we had a recruit left.) When do we find out that it was the medkit?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 pm 
You can still recruit (I assume you mean conscript) someone who has a medkit, so there is no mechanical difference.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:36 pm 
You can still recruit (I assume you mean conscript) someone who has a medkit, so there is no mechanical difference.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 pm 
From the rulebook: "if a mafia attempts to kill somebody with a medkit, they may not conscript them[...]"

One possibility is that we can still attempt to conscript someone protected by a just-used medkit, but the conscription fails.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Op, right. The conscription will fail when you try to conscript. There is no way to distinguish medkit from other causes of survival at the time of the kill.