Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 pm 
Daniel Grazian: Is it okay if I kill somebody at random instead of Lilly as she's coming out of her exam? 8:54 PM
Daniel Grazian: I think it's less likely to go wrong. I can claim to have been at my apartment. 8:56 PM
Me: Lilly's exam finished early, apparently. 8:56 PM
Me: Yes, it's ok if you kill someone at Random. 8:57 PM
Me: Note that Travis saw you. See the forum. 8:57 PM
Me: (Saw you at his afternoon class.) 8:58 PM
Daniel Grazian: Damn! Aok saved my ass there. Should I still kill somebody at random? It's going to be my only chance to make a kill tonight unless you have another suggestion. I think I should do it. 9:06 PM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 pm 
Should I? I will shortly if I don't here otherwise. Ideally, we want the first kill to be investigated instead of the second.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:12 pm 
Me: Can you stay away from Random for a bit, since a murder just happened there?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm 
Are you free right before the day turns, maybe? It'd be great to get the investigations wasted on that kill first.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm 
I don't think anybody relevant knows that I am here. The only issue is all the randomites dying. But we ought to be able to blame that on somebody from outside.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm 
Daniel Grazian: I scoured the room for him and did not see him. I can't believe it... :-( 9:06 PM
Me: Can you stay away from Random for a bit, since a murder just happened there? 9:11 PM
Daniel Grazian: Nobody who would care as knows that I'm here. In lily's room. 9:11 PM
Daniel Grazian: The question is, how important is it for me to make a kill? I think it's pretty important. 9:12 PM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm 
You should at least not make a kill in the next hour if you can help it---we need the current murder investigated, and we need yours not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:19 pm 
Yes, I'm free at the relevant time, but there is nowhere close to a guarantee that I'll get away with it.

Alternatively, I can just lay low and make the kill tomorrow, after claiming to be poisoned. It's basically minus one total kills for us. But that might be worth the risk of me being caught. Because with the poison gambit I should be able to get lots of set-a-trap worthy info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:21 pm 
No, I think you should kill today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:21 pm 
Agreed. Ideally aok and I should be investigated. I'm going to exist at random now. Sound good?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 pm 
Sounds good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm 
'Agreed' referred to what pesto said. Here's the question: is me making a kill tonight at random (after investigations have been done hopefully) worth the extra suspicion on aok and me based on all the kills happening at random. I would say yes IF we can avoid either of us being lynched tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm 
If you haven't revealed yourself at Random yet, don't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:27 pm 
Potential problem: with one investigator dead (travis), another unavailable today (kemus), and another you, the only investigator who could possibly investigate you is the mayor. If the mayor can't make it over to investigate you, the town'll probably lynch you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:29 pm 
I think too much is going to happen in the next hour or so for us to decide whether you should make a kill in the half hour after that :P.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 pm 
Victor may have seen me. I was under the impression during the last few minutes that I was not going to be hiding right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 pm 
Ok, then don't hide. We'll just have to hope for the mayor to come and clear your name.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:33 pm 
Post your alibi soon, though, and make it as solid as you can.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm 
Dgrazian, are you killing someone? Is the day getting extended? What's happening at Random?