Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Investigating Miranda
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm 
I just joined an investigate-Miranda mob in the town. The only "investigators" left alive are Miranda, kemus (who's not an investigator today, if we believe Ellena), and dgrazian; dgrazian's the only one who could conceivably do the investigation. So, if Miranda doesn't post a convincing alibi, it may be worth having dgrazian report a positive result (after Miranda does her investigation), since he might even be able to get away with it (or at least make the town think framing was used).

On the other hand, she wasn't actually in the class, probably provably, and she's the only one we currently have any plan to kill today with our natural kill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:06 pm 
Almost certainly not worth it. Even if there is no investigator available today, there will be one to validate my claim tomorrow. Or she'll just be shoveled and everybody will see that she was innocent.

We should brainstorm changes to the rules to make plays like this plausible. Reintroducing "plant evidence" would be a good start. As of now gambits like these usually won't work, not unless it's the day before we win the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:21 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
We should brainstorm changes to the rules to make plays like this plausible. Reintroducing "plant evidence" would be a good start. As of now gambits like these usually won't work, not unless it's the day before we win the game.

Agreed. I had regrets as soon as the game started.

One thought I've had is that to limit the total sum of mafia powers while keeping multiple possibilities open is to let the mafia make a choice between powers. For example, a reasonable change for a game of this size would be to give mafia 1 Set a Trap and 0 Plant Evidences, but one coupon that mafia can convert into either a Set a Trap or a Plant Evidence. Then, you can take advantage of the uncertainty of Plant Evidence, even without using it in-game.

Another consideration has been to randomize Mafia powers. I'm not sure how exactly that'd work, but it's probably worth thinking about.

Regardless, you guys won't be planting any evidence this game. :twisted: