Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 6 plotting
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 pm 
Killing off EC for a mafia is worth it, at this point. They have nothing on Hosea or me. We should use set a trap on kemus as investigator, unless we get a better one to use. Pesto should make the most aggressive kills (possible even using bring out the big guns on kemus). I can follow up with a bloodthirsty kill if need be.

Post subject: Re: Day 6 plotting
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:17 pm 
I was just about to start a thread saying exactly the same thing, except that I'm not sure kemus is investigator and not superhero.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 pm 
There are three of them. If we set a trap correctly on kemus, I can make a regular kill on Ellena; if it fails make regular kills on both of the other two (on the theory that the medkit is the likeliest reason for it to fail); if it succeeds kaboom kemus.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:22 pm 
Yep, that's exactly the right order to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:24 pm 
Ok. Let's wait until morning to see if any of them reveals to you as innocent child; that'd make things even easier if we wanted to use it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm 
What's our evidence for kemus being superhero vs. investigator? (He's almost certainly one of those two because he let himself be dragged to Random, so at worst we'll burn a charge.)
Pro-superhero: Ellena claimed her two-superheroes thing before she claims to have been suspicious of dgrazian, and the other superhero is probably in the EC mob, despite what they say. Alternately, maybe anpere wasn't superhero at all, and Ellena was only getting proxied one superhero (her results are consistent with it).
Pro-investigator: you think he's proxying through Austin. What's your evidence for that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:31 pm 
I don't think he's proxying through Austin. I think kemus is Ellena's investigator.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:38 pm 
Ok. If he's Ellena's investigator, I think it makes more sense for her to have missed days 1 and 4 due to superhero charges than just missing them. In particular, it'd've been weird for there to be no investigation the day he came to Random otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:25 pm 
Both traps failed. I'm going to go kill one of them anyway, although it's less than I hoped for from my sacrifice. Today has not been a good day for us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:10 pm 
kemus reported his murder but achester hasn't yet. You may "retroactively" use Frame a Townsperson if you want in the next thirty minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 pm 
I thought I reported it immediately. I'll resend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 pm 
You should check to make sure you didn't accidentally send it to someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 pm 
I think I forgot to press "Add (To)" to the mods in the message field, so it didn't send.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:23 pm 
Sorry for reporting it late---I was proud of myself for just being able to write a quick message two minutes after the murder, when I had to seem not sketchy; I didn't have time to check whether it sent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:01 pm 
Probably if I'd thought about it more, I'd've wanted to frame her or someone. But when she seemed to not have noticed me make the kill, I decided to run with it, and didn't have time to think.

(I walked up to them and introduced myself; Ellena turned just slightly away to put her stuff down; I tapped kemus and said "bang" in a normal tone of voice, then waited a second or so; he said "ok"; a few seconds later, Ellena turned and asked him a game question which he said he couldn't answer.)

I estimate a 20% chance that she actually suspects me and was hiding it really well (since apparently she managed to convince dgrazian she didn't suspect him before he died), but otherwise she trusts me quite a bit. I didn't expect to live beyond today....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:02 pm 
Sorry I used up the two trap-settings incorrectly---it's a big deal now that we're getting some reliable role information. Not a complete waste, since it made me trust that the EC medkit wasn't on kemus. And today overall seems to have gone really, really well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:06 pm 
Yeah, if I had been more active, I would have told you not to try the second guess. It should be reserved for when we're quite sure about role info.