Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm 
I was hyper-paranoid during 6.007. Like I thought at the end of class someone would walk in and kill me. But then class ends and there's no one there. Phew. ...but I've still got a problem. Because I'm in building 36 and my next class is in 34. So it's obvious how to kill me. Solution? I'll exit through the wrong door and go around the long way, keeping a close eye out for mafia players. ...but I kind of want to ask the prof a question and it seems to be safe now. So I walk to the front and wait for him to stop talking to another student ... and that's when Pesto walks in. Pesto is one one side and the prof is on the other; I have nowhere to go.

And it's not like I stay after to ask questions every day; I just happened to pick this day. Out of about 2 or 3 times so far this semester. If that hadn't happened I would have seen Pesto before he saw me, posted his name to the forums, and walked to my death knowing that I was taking down a mafia. He got so lucky!

...on an unrelated note, mafia OP this game. Town won't even know what hit them. I've counted down to game end in 3-4 days ... even if they manage to kill a mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:03 pm 
Yeah, mafia have gotten super lucky and had everything work out just right for them. (Except for Josh getting smited, but they don't seem to have suffered greatly from that either.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 am 
Day 1 was terribly unlucky for us. My alibi got blown, and then Josh derped on forum. Terrible luck with all of that. Josh was significantly stronger than Ho Chit Siu, and there was an extra medkit dropped (although the medkit actually ended up being super useful for us.)

Day 2 was a lucky day. I got lucky that Andres hadn't killed me earlier, and I made some lucky choices that turned out to be right decisions. I also poured a TON of time into that day, so some of mafia's success is a result of that.

Day 3 was also pretty lucky, especially with Pesto's kill attempt on David Kaufman. Dgrazian basically would have proved himself as rogue if he picked someone other than aok anyway though, so while it turned out in an interesting way, the results weren't particularly lucky.

We did get pretty lucky with role distribution though.