Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am 
Dear mafiosos, I hope you know she's had like 2 hours of sleep tonight, and specifically woke up for this "smite" from achester.

May I be the very first to proudly welcome Ellena Popova into the graveyard. (Unless some miracle happens).

Next game, keep your eyes peeled :shock: so I don't die right in front of you. <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:13 pm 
No posts anywhere... maybe a miracle did happen??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 pm 
Maybe Lilly forgot about DST change this morning? And Pesto and Ellena decided to wait for her so it would be a public "smite"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:13 pm 
omg, last night, ellena asked achester to walk her back, and then texted miranda (once she safely got to her destination) saying if she died that night it was not achester.

ellena was going to send a message to miranda this morning before the smiting saying "If I die it was achester"

but she forgot to...

I think we might be seeing asjm over here soon...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:22 pm 
Bwahahahahaha!

The way things turned out has been hilarious. I can't believe Pesto has both the dead Ellena's last words and Lilly Chin backing him up. The next time I see Pesto, I have to give him a high-five for what have probably been some of the ballsiest moves in the history of Live Action Mafia. If Pesto survives the day, I am going to be thoroughly impressed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:26 pm 
I don't even ... what?!

I'm pretty sure Pesto will survive today. I think ...

The problem though is that he lied in the post about dinner at ET. It's Sunday so there's no dinner. Of the people left, only ltchin could maybe catch him in the lie and even that's doubtful so ... props to you Pesto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:50 pm 
actually, she didn't forget, she sent it to miranda and asjm, and her phone apparently interprets multiple recipients as no recipients...

I gotta hand it to mafia, they've been ballsy and lucky as hell...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:20 pm 
I am very pleased with the mafia this game. Though at least the town's being intelligent about the whole "asjm is mafia!!" thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm 
Lucy wrote:
I don't even ... what?!

I'm pretty sure Pesto will survive today. I think ...

The problem though is that he lied in the post about dinner at ET. It's Sunday so there's no dinner. Of the people left, only ltchin could maybe catch him in the lie and even that's doubtful so ... props to you Pesto

I visit ET more often than ltchin but I still don't keep track of when meals are -- I just eat them when I'm there and there's a meal. No one is going to notice this lie.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:18 pm 
Basically, the town is fucked. I say we pop some popcorn and watch it burn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:25 pm 
I'm not convinced that town is fucked (though I would bet on the mafia.) achester is going to be revealed as scum tonight, and Miranda and Austin are still very dangerous. If Miranda decides aok is sketchy and the mafia aren't able to kill her, then the town very likely wins. Also, she's a conspiracy theorist who will likely have aok and or achester on her list.

And the rest of the town looks like to might start getting involved in the game. Which is very bad to the mafia.

On the other hand prophets are all dead, and they are sooooooo dangerous.

We'll see what happens...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm 
I think that they may try and follow through on my plan of impeaching Miranda, and in any case will try very hard to have Austin and Miranda lynched soon. Shoveling asjm will cast suspicion on Austin and Miranda, as they both sort of ended up vouching for achester's side of things.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
looks like to might start getting involved

Also, they have a kaboom left that they could use on miranda, heck, they could even start a "She's been alive too long as mayor, lynch her" mob. Although, what are the odds of people starting a surprise lynch mob on someone for being alive too long and looking slightly sketchy?.. oh...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:31 pm 
Just count. Here are the living people:

Town:
Alexander Smith -- to by lynched tonight
Austin Fathman
Jenny Lin -- innocent child
Sara Volz -- innocent child
Miranda Gavrin -- mayor
Lillian Chin -- innocent child
Victor Lopez

Mafia:
Adam Hesterberg
Hosea (Ho Chit) Siu
Adam Kalinich

So at the end of tonight there will be 6 living townies (unless the mafia kill one of the innocent children and reset the charge, which would be a good move). Tomorrow they kill Miranda (mayor), the innocent child with a charge, reset the charge and kill another innocent child --> 3 vs 3. If this process results in a fake id then achester doesn't even die -- the vote 4 vs 4. Supposing it doesn't result in a fake id, then achester dies. The next day the mafia kill the remaining innocent child + someone else, regaining bloodthirsty and making an additional kill (Victor?). And then it's party time!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:40 pm 
Go Jenny go! Be the voice of reason! Lynch aok! (and please try not to get killed)

I think listening to Jenny's suspicions is the only thing that could save them now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:43 pm 
Really? You think there's a chance they'll lynch aok on suspicion instead of just killing asjm, the revealed mafia? Doesn't seem likely to me; they'd have to decide that asjm is innocent (otherwise he's a conscript, which clears aok's name because he's a gay knight).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:44 pm 
No, not tonight, not tomorrow, but maybe day after, if they manage to get Austin to do an investigation without dying. So unlikely, but possible.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:01 pm 
The day after will be too late.

Tonight: asjm is lynched. Mafia poisons someone. 3-6 mafia-town
Tomorrow: Lilly is killed by slaughter the weak. Pesto is revealed as mafia, and can publicly kill her and a regular townie (if it's Miranda, it doesn't matter, and he picks someone else), and he'll attempt to kill Sara Volz with another slaughter the weak (although mafia suspect she has medkit, they might as well bang anyway). Pesto is lynched. 2-4 mafia town.
The next day: Either this day or the day before, mafia should have done something about Miranda (either get her impeached or killed). Let's say they get her impeached, under the "it's sketchy she has lived so long as mayor" argument. Anyway, mafia can now safely kill Victor (or Miranda if they failed the day before, which changes the end vote by 1 in each direction) and slaughter Sara to get the fake ids they know they have. 4-2 mafia town, mafia wins the vote. Poison victim would also die. This is a strong win, giving mafia some wiggle room after it doesn't work perfectly.

Failure modes:
Mafia don't get something done about Miranda.
Mafia can't make the kills they need. Hitman gives a bit of wiggle room with this.

No prophets or townie gay knights are left to smite, so mafia can't die any sooner.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:02 pm 
The only chance I can think of for town is the medkit. If svolz gives it to miranda without the mafia finding out town gets a lot of extra votes for a day. Which gives them a little longer to find the mafia. (but even then....)

When push comes to shove, town can only kill achester or aok tomorrow, not both. And I think the mafia can kill enough innocent children for free that they'll get another bloodthirsty kill soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:04 pm 
Yeah, town might be able to win the game if they bet the game on Miranda being innocent. Maybe she could call it the "Miranda wins" strategy? XD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 pm 
The victory of town clearly relies on everyone ditching their classes and staying locked up in their rooms until the mafia can be lynched. This is a strategy kemus and I would do.