Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:27 am 
First off, can anybody make a good kill now at the bonfire party? Are there still lots of people there (a kill there would have been great an hour ago or so, but it might still be viable now.) Austin/Miranda would be the absolute best people to do this, but I assume this isn't happening :D

I'm currently in bed with what appears to be a low to medium grade fever :(

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:57 am 
More things!:

1. dmz mentioned briefly near the end of the meeting at the student center that rmli is occasionally at pika. I didn't realize that rmli is known to frequent pika; otherwise I probably would have suggested not making that kill.

I'm really hoping that people don't remember that too much and that dmz doesn't press it. dmz didn't sound very confident, and the other players at the meeting were tired and ready to go.

Our best bet is to make a fresh kill tomorrow that's physically easy for investigators to investigate. Rmli will likely come up as an investigation target on the second or third investigation for jacobi's death, so we really don't want that murder being investigated.

2. We should start talking right away about kills that can be made tomorrow/today (Saturday.) I'm really, really hoping that a rogue does our work for us, but for now let's assume that is not happening. Who can make a reasonable kill tomorrow? As I will continue to hammer home, we want the killer to not be strongly associated with the victim.

3. Let's do a debriefing on our knowledge of player's roles and item locations. I'll start:
- I am superhero
- Lily claims to be conspiracy theorist (I don't particularly believe her.)
- Lily claims to trust George very strongly; she appears to be trying to give the impression that he is either Innocent Child or that they are Gay Knights together. Alternatively, he might be her investigator. I'll try to get more information here
- I really don't know anything about item locations (except that Lilly Chin claims that she gave away the medkit.) My dearth of knowledge should be corrected, not least because Lily Chen has found it a little sketchy that I'm not aggressively grasping for protective items (I told her that I may indeed have protection and that I don't think protection would help me anyway, given that the mafia have give regenerable 'kabooms' and would very likely use one on me. This seemed to satisfy her.)

4. Remember that we are not supposed to have each other's role/item knowledge; slip-ups here can be really devastating!

5. I will probably be with Lily Chen pretty much all day tomorrow; assume that I'm not going to be able to help with kills. I also don't want to be typing when she's around, because it's suspicious if my typing doesn't correspond with content in the Town Square (claiming that I'm sending pm's only goes so far.)

6. As a general rule, any of us should make a reasonable* kill given the opportunity; you don't need to confirm with the rest of us beforehand. Be dynamic; take opportunities as they arise!
But of course make sure to post about such a kill in the mafia den right away afterward!

7. Add to this with me! And answer (3)

* reasonable generally means that you are not closely associated with the victim. Your name shouldn't naturally come up as one of the first people to investigate.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:07 am 
One more thing! (for now; I might remember other things later):

Let's debrief on what roles we are acting as and to whom, if anybody, we have claimed our roles.

I am obviously acting as superhero. I have claimed this only to Lily Chen. I am 'Lily's second investigator.' I 'investigated' aok for katie's death. She gave the result to gxing (according to her, she didn't tell him that the result came from me.) He posted the result on the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:34 am 
I claimed conspiracy theorist to Jacobian but now he's dead. So I should claim it again to someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:42 am 
Update: I have claimed conspiracy theorist to Krue. Also, I don't recognize the names of any of the East Campus players, so they probably don't recognize me. If someone can get me a picture of one of them and tell me how to get into EC, I can kill them this afternoon. Basically no one at EC knows who I am.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:19 pm 
Miranda, that would be great if you could kill somebody at EC! Do you know anybody there (who's not playing mafia of course) who could let you in?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:22 pm 
Asya stalker is on the case!

asjm (5E) Alex Smith -- https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 5587_n.jpg

shensley (4W) Sarah Hensley -- https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 7861_n.jpg

Kemus (2E) Kevin Mustelier -- https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 1457_n.jpg

Ellena (2E) Ellena Popova -- https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 0258_n.jpg

Enrider (4E) Elizabeth Rider -- http://www.pahomepage.com/media/lib/182 ... /Story.jpg

It's probably better not to go for the two people on 2E seeing as they might see you kill one.

As for getting into East Campus, I've definitely gotten in before just by following someone in. If you look sufficiently non-sketchy and MIT student-like, this will probably work. Alternatively, apparently EC is really bad at deactivating card access, so if you know someone who used to live at EC, they might be able to get you in. I also know someone at EC, so probably if you really want to get in and can't, I can ask him to let you in.

If you can't make an EC kill, feel free to call me at 319-936-8111 (I will answer in Russian so as not to look sketchy.) I can try to let you into Random covertly, hide you and direct you to a location of a lone mafia player who you can kill.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Also, Miranda and Rebecca: you guys are awesome for making the kills so far!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:40 pm 
:twisted: Asya, I like your work :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:18 pm 
In other news, it would probably be pretty cool if we killed Lisa today, but that's probably not very feasible given that she's sick and has been holed up in her room all day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:48 pm 
A few things:

1. Lily is suspicious of Miranda; apparently the Discussion Day 1 post about, 'just a butt-text' set off her sketch-dar. That struck Lily as an unwarranted dismissal of the text. I don't know that this is justified on her part, but it doesn't matter because of MtP (I'm starting to be happy we used that ability now.)
So I'll be investigating Miranda for Katie's death.

2. Rebecca, any particular reason you only singed my impeachment petitions, rather than we election petitions as well. I think it's fine; I just want to make sure we're all on the same page.

3. Miranda, andres, Rebecca, Austin: we still need summaries of what, if any, information you know.

4. Asya, Miranda: is a kill going to happen at ec tonight? It would be great if it did.

5. I will be unreliably available over the next few hours.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:51 pm 
Miranda hasn't gotten back to me/been online as far as I know. I don't really know any way of contacting her.

++ phone numbers would be good to have for people.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 pm 
I am going to kill shensley within the next hour and a half. Unless informed before then, I will use a regular Bang with no special powers.
Info I know: basically nothing.
Phone number: 317-697-7883.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:17 pm 
Okay. Feel free to call me if you can't get into EC, and I can try to get my EC contact to come down and let you in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:00 pm 
Excellent! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:12 pm 
Killed Kemus. Evryone else was out of building. Many NPs saw me but no players or people I know. Here's hoping I look unmemorable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm 
Nice! Good job! Here's to the (hopefully) thorough soon-to-come investigations of the residents of ec. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 pm 
Lily Chen was looking for Rebecca.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:52 pm 
*Important*

Lily Chen just talked to me and told me that she found out from someone I was at pika dinner. So. She slipped up a few times and said she was going to investigate me, but then switched her language to say that someone else was going to investigate me. So anyway someone's going to investigate me. I am out for the rest of the night, sadly, don't you all die on me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:59 pm 
Okay. I don't know if rmli will get lynched, but if the investigation goes through and people call for it, we should probably vote to lynch her as well.

How did you respond, rmli?

Also, it would be cool if Lily Chen died soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:20 pm 
We should consider whether in the event that rmli is lynched, we would want to use Plant Evidence to make her appear as a not-mafia. I think it probably wouldn't be worth it, but I dunno.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:20 pm 
When is it a good idea to use plant evidence? When one person's guilt will make one of the rest of us guilty by association, or when we need to confuse the town about how many mafia there are. I don't know that either of these apply here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:40 pm 
Lily's investigator investigated Miranda for Katie's death (go manipulate the press!)

But given that rmli is relatively likely to get a positive investigation against her I the next day or two, she should probably make our kill tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm 
Definite thumbs up for rmli making the kill tomorrow. Dgrazian: if you get asked to investigate rmli, will you lie, or will you tell the truth on the assumption that she'll probably be doubly investigated? Relatedly, we should consider claiming a positive investigation and/or leading a lynch mob against one of the EC people who isn't likely to be redundantly investigated. Or we could let all the EC people be cleared, suggest the press was manipulated, and potentially make "lynch an EC person" the default for when there's nobody else to lynch.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:24 pm 
We definitely do NOT want to falsely claim a positive investigation. Positive investigations are always double checked.

I think I'm going to press for going after ec people.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:39 pm 
"NPs from Beast have reported that the killer was a girl from Random who goes to CHouse." I guess that's... convenient? I assume people are going to lynch rmli for this, which I guess is sort of nice.

In other news, if Miranda goes to Chaus again things might get unpleasant. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 pm 
Crap; I was hoping we'd get some EC people lynched. I'm surprised anyone remembered me; I haven't been at chaus for ages. I won't be at chaus tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:00 pm 
On the plus side, they think you live in Random. Also, hilariously, if they give the description "has short hair", Rebecca will also be implicated.

Also: "I think Daniel Grazian should be prophet checked if he is still alive by Day 5." I don't know if people will agree to/push for this, but if they do, we should consider the possibility of one of us claiming Prophet, checking, and then dying on the appropriate day.

Scratch that, we should definitely do that if people push for this and have a reasonable chance of finding a Prophet. It will at the very least buy us +1 day as opposed to the immediateness at which dgrazian will die. Along those lines, if Miranda hasn't revealed her role to someone new yet, we should consider having her claim Prophet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 pm 
One more thing: since it looks like rmli is going to get lynched, should I tell ermain that I checked and she did indeed kill Jacobi?

It would build some trust or something.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 pm 
Everybody is assuming that the 'randomite who goes to chaus' is rebecca li. She's getting lynched tonight; I don't think there's any way to save her. I think we should consider using our graveyard manipulation ability to make her show up as innocent.