Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Evictions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:00 pm 
What do people think about how I should use the eviction power? It's unlimited, so I'm thinking I should just use it on everyone at the beginning. I don't think this would put any unreasonable constraints on people, since previously people who weren't active in the first few days were lynched as inactives anyway.

A reminder of what eviction notice does:
At any time, the police officer may nominate players for eviction. The player(s) nominated must post on the forums or PM a moderator within the next 3 days to avoid being removed from the game, which is equivalent to being permanently run from town and not being allowed to return for the duration of the game. Unlimited uses.

Does anyone have a reason for me to not put an eviction notice on everyone in game?

Post subject: Re: Evictions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 pm 
The only problem I see with this is that it might be an annoying amount of work for the moderators, so perhaps you should ask them if they are okay with it first.

Barring that, I think that you should go ahead and give everyone an eviction notice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:30 pm 
I will take that as the question: is it OK, as far as work for moderators, to attempt to evict everyone in the game?
Answer: Yes, go ahead. Robots never sleep, never tire, and can easily note down a measly 45 posts or so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:26 pm 
One consideration is that killing off a lot of people at once is effectively doing the mafia's job for them, especially if they live in locations that would make it hard for the mafia to kill them the normal way. I don't think killing off inactives is an urgent issue, especially since we've already seen that getting enough signatures is not a problem, but that might change as more actives get killed off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:34 pm 
Killing off inactives is certainly not an issue given that we aren't having trouble getting petitions through.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:17 pm 
There's also the possiblilty that a general eviction will get some people who would have been inactive to get off their butts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:25 pm 
Merely poking them would achieve that as well. Right now the numbers are in town's favor. Killing off all the townies at a rate of 1-2 per day would take the mafia a long time. I'm just concerned that if like 10+ people get evicted out of game, we'd be giving the mafia a big advantage.

The main downside to having inactives is petitions being harder, but as we've seen already, people have no problem getting 20+ signatures in a relatively short time. If more actives die, this might become a problem, but currently it's not.

I would suggest waiting a few days to do evictions, if at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 pm 
I think the opposite. Hearing that you're going to be evicted just makes you say "Fuck this game."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm 
At the same time, it's not fun for town or mafia if we have inactive players. Is there strong opposition to me starting evictions on anyone who doesn't post by the end of tomorrow? I don't think this is 10+ people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:58 pm 
Daniel and I counted the inactives. There are currently 9 completely inactive players. He has the list; he should post it here. He's also going to email the inactives to poke them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:05 pm 
I strongly approve of doing evictions. Inactive players have made it exceedingly hard to get mayors elected towards the end in past games. Also, there were scary instances where a highly suspected Mafia gathered votes among inactive players who had no idea what the game state was and went with the one person talking to them, and nearly pushed through a lynch of their choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:08 pm 
Sure, but I would advocate for waiting another few days. We still have a chance of poking them into activity.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:17 pm 
Wait a few days before evicting, or start the eviction now and they'll die in a few days if we can't poke them into activity?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:23 pm 
Honestly, I think the three days of notice is enough warning. If they don't post by day 5 after being poked, it's already a lost cause. I'd way no more than a day to start evicting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 pm 
Okay. I am issuing eviction notices to the people who are on dgrazian's/Lily's inactive list (and have actually been inactive).

These people are:
AdamY
garywang
lvnguyen
rchummel
tharindiu
victorgin

Please post if you are on this list and do not want to be evicted!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:02 pm 
(I assume eviction notices can be officially announced by God? If so, can God please confirm?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:06 pm 
Yes, sorry for the delay. In the interest of of getting the people up for eviction to participate, there will be an official post whenever the power if used. Expect such a post shortly.