Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 pm 
On the front lines of battle, a naive person might think that crime has no place, and police are not needed. In truth, the pain and suffering of war drive even the noblest of men to desperation. Desertion, theft, rendering oneself unfit for duty, sabotage and even murder. These are the crimes that a police officer must be ready to face, in the heat of war. When no one can be trusted, and everyone is dying, one person stands tall. Asya Bergal, the strongest, the hardest, the toughest. Asya Bergal, Police Officer.
abergal (Asya) is your new police officer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm 
Hey, guys. I have things to say regarding my post as police officer.

1. I see no reason why interrogation targets shouldn't be made public. I am currently planning on interrogating Lisa at the end of today. This is subject to change based on town opinion/lynch votes/investigation results. If you have a better idea of who I should interrogate, post below. Interrogation targets should be people you think are likely mafia, seeing as A. This will hopefully make the mafia less likely to kill me/make it sketchier for me to die and B. The correct course of action for me is far clearer if the interrogated target is a mafia as opposed to a random town role.

2. Whoever wants to/is closest to being next in line for police officer should make a petition and get it signed right away. The same goes for mayor, but police officer is an even more targeted role so this should happen right away.

3. I will be immediately transferring any useful information/suspicions I have to someone I trust.

4. An unnamed person has my impeachment petition.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 pm 
Interrogation results: lzahray is not mafia-aligned.

I will wait to start a new interrogation until the end of the day. For now, I will be planning on interrogating dgrazian.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:06 am 
dgrazian seems like a good choice -- he's not an urgent priority, so taking three days is okay, but we'll want to be sure he's on our side.

Is there any way we can make the results of the interrogations less solely dependent on one person? Like, for example, have people that the targets privately role-claimed to confirm with Asya? This would be nice if it were possible, but I can't figure out a protocol which would work. Either party revealing their knowledge of the role first is bad. Is it allowed to have both secretly write the role they claim on a slip of paper, then have both reveal the paper, or does that count as a crypto scheme?

Of course, this depends on the targets having role-claimed in private to someone earlier, which is probably a good idea (even if it's risky), but not everyone will have done it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 am 
dmz - not allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm 
Hey, guys. I changed my interrogation target to dmz in anticipation of me getting dgrazian impeached and dmz elected new mayor (sorry dgrazian, but you're too much of a conscription target as it is).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 am 
dmz is not mafia-aligned.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 pm 
I will be interrogating tjhance unless something else comes up.