Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:31 am 
Hi All,

I'm Jonathan, kemus' gay knight lover (as will be known in less than 24 hours). I re-examined Miranda and she came up guilty, went over to Pika tonight to try to smite her, but she was locked up in her room, and so was unsuccessful.

I propose creating an innocent child network: all innocent children reveal to me through God, and I will instruct them to reveal to each other through God as well to set up this network. Even though this isn't a huge plus, I also don't see any disadvantage, since it doesn't seem worth a conscription (on somebody who will soon die) just to find all the innocent children.

tl;dr - innocent children PM me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:47 am 
Um. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but doesn't that mean if the mafia conscript an innocent child they can easily kill all the other children? Since each child will know all the other children. I mean, I guess that means the mafia won't have conscripted an investigator or some other cool role, but still, depending on just how many innocent children there are, that seems like it could be a pretty big risk for something that isn't a huge plus. Maybe just put them in pairs/trios instead? Or just inform people of the total number of kids? Though idk, maybe there is some super cool benefit to all of them knowing each other. I want to sleep but I want to work but I can't sleep in tomorrow morning but hnkrsdl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:53 am 
How would the mafia even know who the innocent children are?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 am 
I think that was more of a hypothetical, since the mafia don't always conscript strictly based on role. If one of the innocent children happens to be conscripted, the rest would start dying. Still, if the innocent children started dying off, one of those still living could pm someone to say who the remaining ones were so that if they all mysteriously died off except for one, then someone would know. Also, if the innocent children network thing happens, they may wish to attempt to avoid all being in the same place at once, especially if there are few non-children present, just in case the mafia have gotten their hands on their identities and do a mass killing of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:15 am 
Yeah I was thinking more hypothetical, though I guess an innocent child could have informed a mafia of the innocence and the mafia member decided to sit on that info for a little bit to avoid drawing suspicion/make use of the person's trust. Or just. Hey this person looks like they'd be helpful to have oh surprise innocent child. Still all hypothetical though. I guess avoiding each other would help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 am 
In case any innocent children are dubious about this reveal, I confirm that Jonathan is Kevin's gay knight. (I know this because Kevin revealed his role and his couple to me before he died.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:52 am 
I see a few advantages:
Having a network of people who can trust each other is necessarily beneficial to the town: less false accusations, clearer communication. I think there's also potential for them to serve as proxies (being sure that no single one ever knows too much to avoid conscription).

I think the disadvantages are really quite small - if they conscript merely to kill innocent children, that doesn't seem too effective to me. The only case this matters is if they happen to conscript somebody who is an innocent child, which I don't think is too bad, and is also a relatively low probability event.

I was talking to a few more experienced players who seemed to think this was a good idea, so hopefully they'll also chime in with a better explanation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 pm 
This is definitely a good idea. Yes, there is some small risk that we might lose all innocent children, which would be unfortunate, but perfectly survivable for town. However, if mafia conscript juesato, he will die within a day -- a huge waste of conscription. Alternatively, if juesato is actually already mafia by some crazy scheming (highly unlikely given what Ellena said), then we lynch him if he doesn't die of heartbreak. Either way, mafia lose a mafia member (a huge loss given they've already lost two), compared to town losing something like 2-5 moderately useful roles (unfortunate, and annoying for those players, but not a huge deal for town as a whole).

Anyway, juesato: I would focus on getting all the innocent child PMs safely before you try to kill Miranda -- we can always lynch Miranda, but if you risk too much trying to kill her, then we can't make the network.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:42 pm 
Should we be considering instructing any other roles reveal to Jonathan?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 pm 
NO. If Jonathan knows too much, the Mafia may consider conscripting him after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:46 pm 
We discussed trying to do more in sharing information through me, but decided that it's too risky because of conscription (for example, checking investigators means mafia could get all the investigators for a conscription which is terrible for town).

I tried heading by Pika again tonight, hoping Miranda would come out for dinner, but I think she plans to stay locked up in her room until 11 tonight, so that seems like a lost cause.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:21 pm 
I guess we lynch her tonight, then.