Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lily Chen is mafia!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:55 pm 
Or rogue, I guess. I am a conspiracy theorist who happened to guess correctly. She just tried to BANG me in 26-152.

(Also, I accidentally posted this in Fall 2013 first... sorry.)

Post subject: Re: Lily Chen is mafia!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 pm 
What the fuck. I've been sitting in building 6 (the Course 5 majors lounge) working on my 6.149 project for the last 3 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:15 pm 
Sara: Is it possible that you got me confused with Lilly Chin...? o_O

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 pm 
Quite sure :) I know Lilly Chin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 pm 
Well then I have no idea what you're talking about. I've been in 6-201 all day since I got out of 6.149 lecture at 12. NPs can confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:30 pm 
Can A. People confirm that svolz has claimed conspiracy theorist and B. Maybe check lilychen and svolz for Day 1 kill?

In general I have a tendency to believe the victim in cases like this, but lilychen has been a very active/town-helpy player and it would be trivial to say something like this, get her lynched and then plant evidence to make her appear as mafia/rogue.

Svolz-- why did you suspect lilychen?

Also, as of now, I am planning on interrogating lilychen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 pm 
Regardless of whether we trust this claim, if you are an investigator proxying to Lilychen, you should claim to someone else. Beware that you are in particular danger of Set a Trap.

If nobody claims as such, we should redo the investigations that lilychen posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 pm 
I suspect lilychen because she just made an attempt on my life. ;) But, to answer the intent of your question, there really wasn't a particular reason I put her on my list initially. I composed my list of people who lived near me + random active persons.

This being said--I actually haven't claimed conspiracy theorist before this. I understand how I am also making myself suspicious in this situation, and I am happy to be lynched as long as one of those horrible rampaging mafia goes down as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:40 pm 
My investigator is real. (One of my investigator's results has already been confirmed by ermain's investigator.) At least one other person knows the roles of both me and my investigator, and they can vouch for me/my investigator.

I'm a townie!!! I've been doing a lot to help the town over the last couple of days, and multiple townies can vouch for my non-sketchiness.

In short, don't believe svolz! She's either confused me with someone else, or she's lying to get me lynched!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm 
svolz, can you please say more about the encounter? How did it go down?

What were you doing in 26-152? Would someone know you were there? Did lily appear to be looking for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:45 pm 
Sure. I was in 26-152 for my 8.20 lecture--I'd arrived a few minutes early and was sitting at one of the tables. A smattering of other people were in the room, but none I really know. Lily did appear to be looking for me. She walked up to me, confirmed my identity, and tried to kill me. It was very traumatic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:46 pm 
I think it would be very risky for a mafia to lie about being attacked. It draws too much attention, has a high probability of getting both lynched, meaning a 1 for 1 mafia/townie trade (which is not at all a good deal for the mafia).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:51 pm 
If we don't manage to come to a solid conclusion at some point today or tomorrow, I would suggest lynching them both. Actually, I honestly wouldn't mind just lynching them both anyway. A mafia/rogue for a townie is a pretty good deal, imo.

Also, if Lily Chen's investigator is in fact real and has not received any items from her, I would highly suggest that they find a new proxy and tell them to come forward saying that Lily Chen is sketchy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:53 pm 
I dunno, maybe she's a rogue and the mafia put her up to it. Maybe there are only inactive/hardly active people left in the mafia and they can't really make any kills. Maybe she's simply confused me with someone else. I don't care. In any case, I am completely innocent!

I'm heading back to Random now-ish. Happy to be prophet-checked to confirm my innocence.

Also, Krue: I have in fact given my investigator the microphone I got from you. If my investigator is awake now (oh gosh I really hope they are), they can confirm through a different proxy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:54 pm 
svolz wrote:
She just tried to BANG me in 26-152.

... in public? That's indecent :shock: ...

Also note that buildings 6 and 26 are pretty close to each other, so it wouldn't be too hard for someone tooling in 6 to slip off for a few minutes to kill someone in 26.

svolz: What color was her hair - did it have a dyed streak in it?

My first thought would be to lynch Lily, and interrogate Sara to confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 pm 
asjm wrote:
svolz: What color was her hair - did it have a dyed streak in it?

My first thought would be to lynch Lily, and interrogate Sara to confirm.

I mean, I posted a picture of myself on the introductions thread, and I have lots of pictures on facebook. It wouldn't be that hard for someone who's never seen me in person to know what color my hair is...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:58 pm 
Lily, you're really not helping me trust you. I was trying to at least make it deniable that the item your investigator had gotten was the microphone I gave you (I could have just asked you if you'd gotten your investigator something to make them harder to kill, and you could have said yes, and my statement would have been just as valid). As it is, I'm currently under the belief that you are a rogue trying to get more information about item locations out to the mafia, because I can't think of a different reason for you to volunteer that information.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm 
Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't have said that publicly. It shouldn't matter though, I'm fairly sure the mafia doesn't know who my investigator is. Also, you started with a microphone so it wouldn't be that hard to figure out what you were referring to.

That was a legitimate slip of the tongue/fingers, but likely very little harm has been done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:08 pm 
Regardless of which of you two is actually lying, it is guaranteed (assuming that svolz is correct that you are the person she saw) that one of you is evil. I'm going to stick by my "lynch them both" suggestion. Sorry to whichever one of you is actually innocent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:10 pm 
++lynching them both, starting with lilychen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:24 pm 
Prophets: if you saw Lily's suggestion of being prophet-checked, be careful. If she is Mafia, she could leak your identity to other Mafia members.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 pm 
If she's mafia I'm pretty sure she'd be dead after getting smote? Or you'd be dead because you done fucked up. Though I suppose being careful is just always a good idea. Would suck if you went in for a smiting only to get shot. Pretty sure we haven't had an actual kill yet today?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:44 pm 
^Exactly my point, go with a buddy maybe :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 pm 
Or at least tell people before you go in, because whether you die or she does, either way it confirms that she is mafia, since prophets don't immediately die upon failing to smite someone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm 
I support lynching us both. I accept your condolences for my fate. I knew... somehow I've always known... that it would end this way.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:08 pm 
I know it's probably best for the town that both svolz and I die, but I'm not mafia. :(

Still, taking a mafia down with me is worth it. Please actually lynch svolz too after I die...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:37 pm 
i believe lily chen is a rogue. i've always had my suspicions. among many other things, during our discussion we talked about who lily's investigator should investigate regarding the pika kill. we thought the possibility of the mafia changing the location of the place was pretty likely, so miranda might have been innocent. alternatively, miranda could have killed jacobi, but framed someone else. thus one someone goes to investigate her it would look like she was innocent. during our discussion of this, lily even agreed with me at one point that a higher priority of investigation should be (andres?) or whoever that guy on the pika dinner mailing list is. DESPITE THIS, she still asked her investigator to investigate miranda, who, surprise surprise, turned out to be "innocent" and thus wasted an investigation.

this and a bunch of other small suspicious things have always been in the back of my mind so it's not a surprise to me that this thread appeared. it could be a giant ploy but i highly doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:07 pm 
I didn't tell my investigator to do that. They did it of their own accord. (and can confirm as such though kaufmand)

Also, I don't think that's a good reason to find anyone sketchy based on a single comment towards the end of a discussion when everyone was getting tired and starting to leave anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:14 pm 
stephgu wrote:
DESPITE THIS, she still asked her investigator to investigate miranda, who, surprise surprise, turned out to be "innocent" and thus wasted an investigation.

lily's investigator tells me he/she decided independently to investigate miranda.
(I still want to lynch lily)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:31 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Also, I don't think that's a good reason to find anyone sketchy based on a single comment towards the end of a discussion when everyone was getting tired and starting to leave anyway...

And it wouldn't be if it were just that, but there is a mounting pile of evidence that any bit of it by itself would not be too sketch, but there is really no way you're going to convince anyone you're innocent at this point. I will in fact attempt to go through with also lynching svolz tomorrow (assuming we don't get a better lynch target for tomorrow) on the off chance that svolz has been playing us, but there is no doubt in my mind that lynching you tonight is a good plan.