Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:31 am 
Votes aren't out yet, but let's start this thread anyway.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 am 
asjm, why did you vote for Alex?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:58 am 
I'm suspicious of Daniel Grazian and want to lynch him today. I am now a trusted innocent and I think the other trusted innocents are on board.

Everyone who has spoken out against Daniel was quickly marked for death.
1) Josh Frisch posted against Daniel and immediately got lynch-mobbed.
2) kaufman said he supported lynching Daniel while they both were at ET, and kaufman was killed the next game day.
3) I posted to lynch Daniel and was targeted by being framed for kaufman's death.

I think Mafia are making a concerted effort to save their mastermind Daniel by wiping out everyone who catches onto him. I fortunately evaded their wrath and I am making sure this cause is not silenced.

Also, the whole ploy to frame to reeks of Daniel. I mildly suspected him beforehand due to him being an obvious conscript target, even moreso for lilychen, or she for him. Daniel has uncharacteristically not helped town at all, even throughout the whole lilychen incident, and while he has been sick, I can also him imagine just doing Mafia plotting behind the scenes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:52 am 
I agree with Alex! Daniel must go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:59 am 
Alex wrote:

2) kaufman said he supported lynching Daniel while they both were at ET, and kaufman was killed the next game day.
3) I posted to lynch Daniel and was targeted by being framed for kaufman's death.

1) I thought clam came to the decision to lynch Josh?
2) kaufman has been sketched out by him for a long time (not for any particular reason, just bc he's naturally sketchy). His dying the next day seems more coincidental. Plus, dgrazian would have to know that kaufman was going to east campus.
3) It's not impossible that you're framed bc you're a "short-haired white male."

that being said,
if you die today, I'll vote to lynch dgrazian :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:05 am 
I also don't like that our mayor is a white, short-haired male. (yes I'm being racist).

can we impeach him and reelect someone?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 am 
I'm tempted to lynch dgrazian just based on the fact that he hasn't said much on the forums and is a likely conscription target. shrug

also I agree with alex that this whole plot reeks of dgrazian's touch. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:21 am 
btw tjhance didn't kill shikexue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:58 am 
Quote:

I agree with the (2) and (3) (enough so that I am now pretty suspicious of dgrazian and will probably vote for him tonight) but I don't think (1) is fair. I don't think dgrazian had much of a hand in starting the jfrisch lynch mob.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:32 pm 
shensley shoveled as investigator.

We're really bad at this. But seriously, that is the sort of thing you should claim before you're lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 pm 
Quote:
We're really bad at this. But seriously, that is the sort of thing you should claim before you're lynched.

In her defense, she had very little time to defend herself. We had been bouncing around all evening, and 11pm happened to arrive when the mob was on her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 pm 
Hmm... there really isn't any good reason to be disproportionately suspicious of me here:

1. I was completely NOT responsible for lynching jfrisch. That was led by the Clam lynch mob. I was in favor that night of either no-lynch or of lynching an inactive (in particular, victorg)

2. Any mafia would be interested in framing Alex. He is well-known to be a good player.

3. I have been posting on the forums, more than most though not all that much (there hasn't been much need to.) I have, however, been highly involved in the game in the last few days; just ask anybody at Random.

I would be suspicious of Alex for leading this against me, but he is clearly (as of last night) mistaken, not evil. I'm more suspicious of people quietly bandwagoning.

But anyway, let's NOT lynch me tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:43 pm 
By the way, I was away from my computer so didn't hear about the failed smite until today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:09 pm 
asjm: cool, seems legit

I hope ya'll don't get shanked at packet handout today. :-(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 pm 
dgrazian why do you think you weren't poisoned instead of dmz/gxing, if you've been highly active at Random? Seems to me that the mafia has at least one person in Random actively participating in discussion and knows who to target. If I was mafia I'd totally try to off you in a non-traceable way, given you're an experienced player and all that. I would also try to kill alex in some scheme, but, well, that was attempted already.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm 
to be fair,
I've publicly revealed and am probably set a trap on (by lilychen)
and I'm still alive too QQ.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:47 pm 
Another worthwhile observation is that I was not poisoned, which would have given legitimacy to my cries against Daniel. Instead, Mafia framed me to get me lynched.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:48 pm 
Hilariously enough, backups + the likeliness you've been set-a-trapped are reasons to lynch you. I do not support this plan, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:06 pm 
(gxing talking to mchang?)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:09 pm 
ermain wrote:
(gxing talking to mchang?)

Sorry, yes. Her post was the last one when I wrote the post, but it was ninja'd, apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:36 pm 
My best guess as to why I wasn't poisoned is that the mafia want to push for me to be lynched. This conversation has been going on for a couple days after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:41 pm 
Quote:
My best guess as to why I wasn't poisoned is that the mafia want to push for me to be lynched. This conversation has been going on for a couple days after all.

In addition, gxing was pretty trusted I think (even before revealing to everybody, but maybe as a result of revealing to a few people), and I can't recall any suspicion cast on dmz either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm 
gxing wrote:
Hilariously enough, backups + the likeliness you've been set-a-trapped are reasons to lynch you. I do not support this plan, though.

why is being set a trap on a reason to lynch me? (just curious)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:05 pm 
Quote:
why is being set a trap on a reason to lynch me? (just curious)
If they used set-a-trap but fail to kill you (say, because we lynch you first) then the mafia won't regain the trap charge.

Like gxing, I don't think this is a large enough reason to want to lynch you.