Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Comments on Game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:58 pm 
That's a good idea Daniel had... too bad there aren't any backups to make it work :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Comments on Game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:52 pm 
Also I didn't see any security measures against Team Rocket claiming backup to the innocent child.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:06 pm 
Yup Katie just told me she wants to claim backup. :twisted:
DGrazian seems to strongly suspect Lily of being Mafia. He's feeding her a story that he and Katie are Gay Knights (with Katie's knowledge) to see how she reacts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:09 pm 
Yup. And the mafia have the medkit already, oh prunes. Also, good to know about DGrazian and Lily. I suspect it's not so much that he strongly suspects her as that it would be really useful for him to know her alignment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:09 pm 
Megan, Shike, DGrazian, and Ksedlar have the most highly connected alibi graph I can remember seeing. Pretty impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:11 pm 
And yet, Megan investigated Daniel for Ellena's death

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm 
Yeah, it was mostly KSedlar and Daniel confirming MChang's and Shike's alibis. I'm amused that DGrazian is such a polarizing figure; he was the subject of the first investigation but has also already been trusted by an innocent child.

Unrelated: Is Santiago playing this game? He just emailed me, KSedlar, and DGrazian asking us to vote for Anpere because he "saw him try to kill Elaine". Which he clearly didn't because Anpere is investigator. Is this a Rocket-friendly NP making trouble (and making it double)?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:25 pm 
That... is news to me. Mafia have more friends than they thought :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:04 pm 
I wish I knew where Aradhana's suspicion of Anpere was coming from. If town is lucky, he won't get lynched and Team Rocket will contact him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:06 pm 
Something just occurred to me. If anpere gets lynched, it would be pretty reasonable for michikyo to shovel him. Once she sees he was an investigator, she publicly declares that he was mafia, which could put her in contact with the mafia.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:07 pm 
It doesn't make sense for them to think he was rogue though. It's Day 1 so he couldn't have killed anyone or even tried to kill anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 pm 
Yeah, apparently he did a fake bang? Pretty sure that's illegal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:23 pm 
He likes doing "boom," or something like that that isn't technically a game action, but sure sounds like it. Elaine, as a new player, probably mistook it. Also, Ara somehow misinterpreted things even more (maybe autocorrect on a phone?), and to top it all off, before dying, earlier that day, I had expressed suspicions of anpere. I think these things combined made things bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:24 pm 
Also, could I see a list of player roles?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm 
michikyo definitely wants to call anpere a mafia. If she says he was innocent, it'll really make townies suspicious of Zach voting to lynch him

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:25 pm 
Oh man if town lynches Ara next because of the wishy-washy, insufficient evidence lynch mob she led against Andres, the mafia will be so happy. This does seem like it'll be a short game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:52 pm 
Oh man I just thought of the cutest AU of the future of this game.

So if Maura Hennessey was not a trusting first-time player, it would be so cute if she kept the receiver, Elaine kept the mic, and then when she found out that Zach killed Elaine, she smote Zach with her gay knight powers. There's like a negative possibility of it actually happening, but it would be very adorable if it were even within the realm of possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:25 pm 
I was just about to post that Maura could totally catch Zach because aradhana has Microphone #2. Zach's planning on killing her tomorrow, and they haven't discussed using Kaboom on the kill.

And that's when Maura PMs me that she's transferred it to Zach.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 pm 
I'm really curious as to where Eric yang got the investigation results he posted. The chain he was a part of was andres->ara->me->him...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 pm 
Nope. megan was the one who investigated Daniel.
Damn mafia hit two investigators on Day 1.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 am 
Michikyo... seems to be handing out the shovel to town. It would have been reasonable for her to claim she saw shoveling andres and did it before actually reading through Daniel's post. Oh well I guess Mafia can't have everything going their way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 am 
Huh, guess Eric draws proxy requests - I also asked him to proxy for Ara (technically Andres). I also asked Ksedlar to be my "superhero" proxy. I wanted to have half of my investigations not be controlled by town, so I just roleplayed a superhero who didn't want to tell too many people I was superhero. Apparently it worked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 am 
It would have been awesome if we admitted to being investigators. It would have been like spring 1, only twice as powerful.

Anyway I think my brother provoked Ara's paranoia towards me. It seems like he's the False Shepard this game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:14 pm 
Seems like Daniel doesn't trust ksedlar nearly as much as he claimed to.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm 
If there was any way to get andres shoveled before the mafia kill the townie with the shovel, it would cast suspicion on dgrazian and ksedlar, and if dgrazian gets smited by the prophet, he can lead a "lynch kseldar" mob. Then maybe town has a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:19 pm 
Also, Andres, we wouldn't have needed to work together for this one - it made sense in the spring, since we were two superheroes jointly posing as an investigator. Two investigators together don't really have any benefits any more than two investigators separate. It sucks that two of the three town investigators were killed day 1, though :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 pm 
WAIT THERE'S STILL HOPE.

So ara never told ksedlar who the prophets are. Shike is a prophet. Krue is a prophet. If they frame Shike, Shike can just smite someone and prove innocence. Conscription accusation? Smite Zach, who gave receiver results. Makes perfect sense as a target, and someone who smited a mafia obviously isn't mafia. Also, if they carry on with their "conscript Krue" plan, Krue is a prophet too, and "smite" is a lot shorter incantation than "i'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse"

Town has a chance. Town has a lovely, exciting chance. All hope lies in our divine prophets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 pm 
Oh, dude, Krue getting a "Smite" in mid-conscription would be excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:10 pm 
Daniel keeps badgering me about the mike going off. He's trying to figure out why no one has said anything yet.

This will probably turn out pretty badly for mafia. Zach accuses shike because of the microphone. Shike publicly smites someone and is proven innocent. Sure he might have been conscripted but then it would be silly to smite an innocent because you leave the town with one less mafia and another proven innocent. Mike/Rec pairs aren't fooled by Frame a Townsperson so the result is, Zach gets caught as mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:58 pm 
Hello.

So, Lucy, what happened to "First time players rarely get killed at the start of the game?"

>.<