Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: discussion day 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:10 pm 
I heard that there might be a meeting tonight somewhere either in EC or ET.
I won't be going bc I have real life engagements that I rather attend to. Will definitely go to ET tmr tho!

Anyway,
I propose we lynch dgrazian
because I like a dead dgrazian.

Also,
in the past, I've always regretted not lynching dgrazian.
Hence, if there is no obvious target to lynch, I'm going to vote for dgrazian.

Let's get on the dgrazian lynch train.

Post subject: Re: discussion day 1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:36 pm 
I am opposed to lynching dgrazian as a matter of course if he hasn't been sketchy at all. He's the most experienced player in this game and is thus valuable to town. I think he's pretty readable if he's mafia, as he himself has admitted in the past. He would be pretty useless as mafia in any case, since he's at work all day and doesn't live at EC. I'd consider lynching him if he's not dead yet in 3-4 days (absent any sketchiness, of course).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:48 pm 
I've never played before, but yeah let's not kill off an experienced player. If we lynch randomly aren't the odds in-favor of lynching a townsperson. If no one dies, let's not lynch anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:49 pm 
I'm also generally against lynching him just as a matter of course. Imagine yourself, in a few more years, having played and loved mafia for so long, now suddenly being lynched every time you play, just because.

I'm in the no-lynch party. Or hey, let's all vote for aok. We can't lynch him, but we sure can try really hard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:53 pm 
(I'm pretty sure we can't lynch until there's been at least one kill, anyway.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:21 pm 
Rules clarification: you are allowed to lynch blindly if there has not been a kill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:19 pm 
lilychen wrote:
I am opposed to lynching dgrazian as a matter of course if he hasn't been sketchy at all. He's the most experienced player in this game and is thus valuable to town. I think he's pretty readable if he's mafia, as he himself has admitted in the past. He would be pretty useless as mafia in any case, since he's at work all day and doesn't live at EC. I'd consider lynching him if he's not dead yet in 3-4 days (absent any sketchiness, of course).

I think that the people who can read him as mafia die too fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 pm 
As someone who knows with 100% certainty that Dgrazian did not make this kill, I would prefer to lynch someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm 
unless someone else comes up, dgrazian is still my default lynch.

so don't be surprised.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm 
Megan was pretty quick to target someone (and an experienced player who gives the townspeople an advantage, no doubt).

Sketchy, if you ask me :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm 
caseyc wrote:
Megan was pretty quick to target someone (and an experienced player who gives the townspeople an advantage, no doubt).

Sketchy, if you ask me :shock:

says the person who has never played this game before = =

we target dgrazian for a reason.
even if he doesn't start out as mafia, he ends up being one. By that time, he knows too much/has too much power and will use it against us.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:05 pm 
Town should almost always vote "no lynch" until there's hard evidence that someone's mafia. I'm pretty convinced that this is correct strategy.

If we just wait until mafia make a mistake and we hard-catch them, they'll have to make 14 more kills and not be discovered in order to win. If we lynch blindly or on vague suspicions, we're essentially helping the mafia kill us off.