Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LYNCH ANDRES
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:53 pm 
He's Mafia. I'm innocent Child. Ellena died at 7:05. At 7:25 he sent me a text warning me he was with Ellena. At this time he was with Elaine.

Post subject: Re: LYNCH ANDRES
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 pm 
Can you elaborate/clarify? In what way does that indicate that he is mafia?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 pm 
Aradhana, please explain your reasoning and your evidence against Andres. It is not clear at all to me why you've called for Andres to be lynched, and now that he is dead there is no reason to avoid posting publicly about it as there is no risk of a kamikaze rampage.

If you can't explain your reasoning, I would be strongly inclined to vote to lynch you as possibly having been conscripted.

Whoever has the shovel should also consider shoveling Andres.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:18 pm 
I can confirm this. Andres pretended to kill me at around 7:25 in EC.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 am 
Yep I can give you my reasoning in full gory detail. Give me about 10 minutes to type it all up :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:56 am 
INITIALLY CHOSE TO TRUST ANDRES
First as a new player I figured I would be best off pairing with someone I could trust; given my location on Beast and since I only knew about four players, I settled on either Ellena or Andres. Before the game had started Andres told me that he wanted to work together if possible and form a trust circle. He was dubious that Ellena would want any part in this after someone betrayed her last time from their trust circle. On the day that we were supposed to go to the rules meeting, I forgot to go and Andres helped me understand the rules. On the day we got our roles, Ellena was still out caving and I talked to Andres first. He told me that he was an investigator, and so I told him (and proved to him) that I was an innocent child. I thought (naively) that if I did not tell him what I was after he trusted me and after we had spent a couple days promising to trust each other, that I would appear suspicious. At that point I basically threw in my lot with Andres. He told me to be his proxy for voting and I agreed.

MEETING WITH ELLENA AND SETTING UP MEETING IN MY ROOM
That night I met Ellena. We talked about plans and strategies. She told me her role was Superhero. I told her I was investigator going along with Andres. After talking for a few hours (during which we came up with Prophet plan_v1) I felt that she was probably innocent, but she doubted Andres and Andres doubted Ellena. So I encouraged them to meet up together and then meet with me later. This is how the 5pm meeting in my room was set up.

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS BEFORE AND LEADING UP TO ELLENA'S DEATH
At about that time I went downstairs to get a fridge from G113 on First East from a graduating senior. When I came back up to Beast I checked my room-empty and went to Kevin's room where Kevin Andres and Ellena were talking. I trusted both of them at this point, but had decided to trust Andres more. At 5:20pm, we went to my room and discussed for 10 minutes, before Elaine came in at 5:30. The three of us (Andres, Ellena and myself) had been emailing each other; I had had almost no contact with Elaine yet. As she lived on our hall it would have not been feasible to make no contact with her yet all three of us were very hesitant to expand our trust circle. So we had called her to meet us a little after we got together, so that we could discuss our opinions of her. At that point none of us really knew what to make of it. So at 5:30 Elaine arrives.

We talk a bit more about the Prophet plan and also speculate on items and who would bet getting them. At this point Andres told us that he would be getting the shovel from Mariam (4E). As they live on the same floor and are good friends, none of us worried too much about this.

Around 5:45 Charles (4E) poked his head in, and Andres said he had a present for him. I walked with Andres alone to desk to pick up the package (Owen was at desk during this time; I also checked my mail then.), and then up to Charles room to hand the gift. Santiago was in the room with Charles and I think his mother and can vouch for the both of us being there. Seeing as Andres hadn't killed me, I trusted him even more.

At 6pm (or therabouts) Casey Crownhart (spl?) entered the room randomly to say hi overhearing talk of Mafia. Then Casey, Andres, Ellena, and myself walked down to the Goodale entrance of EC to get Daniel and Katie inside. Casey left us at this point telling everyone that she had a ballroom dancing class in Walker.

We talked a bit more in my room. Prophet Plan_v2 (Dgrazian's version) was discussed and refined. He wanted an innocent child to come forth. I was about to, but got an e-mail from Andres warning me against it. Andres also warned me NOT to go to ET at night, as I was a valuable player. I was skeptical of dgrazian and ksedlar both of which I had been warned were good players, and for whatever reason already seemed to have good rapport amongst each other.

At 7pm, I had scheduled a voice recording for my UROP with Valentina (non-player, Beast hall chair, lives on Tetazoo during the summer). She walked in at 6:53 (I was obsessively checking my facebook during this time, so I know the times pretty well.). I excused myself and told them they could stay in my room as long as they wanted to. I told Ellena not to lock me out.

Ellena then said "Why are you asking me? I'm leaving in 10 minutes for bell-ringing." She then asked me which way I was headed saying that she didn't want to walk alone. I told her I was headed to the McGovern and she said something along the lines of "Well then." I knew Andres was in the room and Andres and I had a system of texting each other our locations and who we were with at all times, so I assumed Ellena would be okay, and left the room with Valentina.

BEGINNING TO SUSPECT ANDRES
At 7:25 I got a text from Andres saying "Ellena". He had previously texted "ellena" once to me before (The first time I panicked and thought she had killed him, until he clarified that was a check system and that's how we started that system), so I knew he was with Ellena. Within the next minute I also got texts from Andres saying that he had "fake-killed" Elaine, that she had reacted surprised and was innocent. For my own reasons, I already thought Elaine innocent, and this reaffirmed my trust in Andres.

I put Valentina in the testing room and derped on my phone. That's when I noticed the post saying that Ellena had been killed at 7:05pm. This was twenty minutes before Andres had warned me that he was with her. I was confused, but thought that it may have been a slow text (but I do have excellent reception in lab). Also it seemed like such a stupid mistake for Andres to make that I didn't believe it. At 8:10pm, Andres texted me that Ellena was dead, indicating that he had not looked at the forum or knew/pretended to know of her death until that time. Basically, he may have missed the 7:05 timestamp on the murder when he texted me at 7:25.

Also granted Ellena died at EC where most of the players live anyway, but only people in that room (Elaine, me, Andres, Katie, and DGrazian) knew she would go for bell-ringing and be alone. I trusted Elaine, and didn't know about the rest anymore.

So at 8pm, I walked back to EC with Valentina with the intention of getting Elaine for my recordings at 8pm. Outside the Goodale entrance I found Santiago sitting on the bench being cryptic, so I stayed there and called Elaine to come down. I was a bit scared to go inside as if Andres were mafia, I could still be killed that day (as he knew I was innocent child); Also I figured if it came down to it, running away in an open space would be easier.

WHEN IT BECAME OBVIOUS TO ME
Elaine came down and we walked together to McGovern. At this point I confided in her my doubts and also proved my identity to her so that she would trust me. I put Elaine in the testing room and called Andres. My phone was on low battery, so I was a bit more blunt than intended. I told him that logically the Mafia was probably one (or more) of the three (Katie, himself, and DGrazian). I asked him to give the shovel to me, as he knew I was innocent. He started saying that I didn't trust him, and that if I did I should just give it to him, and that I was probably going to die soon as I was the innocent child. So I asked him to give it to Elaine. He refused again, saying that it was just us two, not to trust anyone else, I had an important role etc. At this point everything reeked of bullshit.

He wanted to bike together to ET, and I said that I agreed with his earlier idea that it wasn't a good idea for me to go to ET, but he kept insisted that I should go (changing his previous stance), and asked me if I was biking or saferiding there.

I was pretty sure that he knew I suspected him very strongly and wanted to kill me. So I ended the recording session early, and had Elaine bike with him to ET and message me when they were away from EC. Once safe I went back into my room.

Now I started getting texts from Andres accusing both ksedlar and dgrazian (I wasn't sure if it was a double bluff or he actually still thought I could believe him). At any rate twenty minutes later, very close to 11, Andres accused lily chen (again I don't know what was going on at ET at this time and I think this later one was probably a double bluff), as it was done after I had 6 views on my post to "LYNCH ANDRES"

Then immediately after (perhaps one minute after the lily chen text) I started getting messages that sounded offended and along the lines of I thought you trusted me why are you leading my lynch mob. I texted him back asking him to call me, and we could talk it over.

WHEN I KNEW HE WAS MAFIA FOR SURE
Elaine called me, and handed the phone to Andres. For the first two minutes he kept going on about being offended and betrayed. Then he said "You are conscripted" and hung up. I panicked, and didn't know if that counted since he was most probably already dead as the time of the call was after 11pm. Gods confirmed that it was invalid as he was dead at that point and only living players can take game actions and you can't be conscripted via phone. I can tell the gods that I trust everybody again to re-confirm my innocence (which I'll do as soon as I post this).

BACK-UPS AND PROPHETS MESSAGE ME PLS
These are my reasons for wanting to lynch Andres. Make of it what you will. I don't know how much longer I'll stay alive. Please all back-ups and prophets message me so that we can set up a chain. If a Mafia poses as a prophet, it'll be obvious when they are unable to smite. If a mafia poses as back-up, it will be obvious once the Prophet dies and they do not become the new prophet (we'll set up a chain system). Please hurry!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:35 am 
Ok, I'm still confused and not entirely convinced, but thanks for posting your reasoning.

aradhana wrote:
I can tell the gods that I trust everybody again to re-confirm my innocence

This would prove nothing. A conscripted innocent child would also be able to do this.