Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LYNCH LILY, THEN ERIC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:03 am 
Lily is writing these things quicker than I am somehow. :( Anyway, everyone should lynch Lily first, and then Eric. No idea who the rogue is, but we can win even with the rogue still alive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:04 am 
Yeah, ok. Good try.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:09 am 
Again, this is correct. Lily and presumably Eric are making a power play to win. If we don't lynch one of them tonight then I believe we lose.

Lily realized that when Zach was caught, she was screwed. So she's taking a gamble so that she wins if and only if the town believes her and follows her instructions. Do not do this. Lynch her tonight (or prophet smite her if there's still one left) and we should win. Otherwise, with all the mafia powers we may lose a completely won game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 am 
^ Classic damage control lol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am 
(Post game)

Well, what can one do?

For clarification, I WAS a townsperson almost the whole game. I was bringing shike over to prophet-smite ksedlar (I believed shike over Zach for a variety of reasons, was suspicious of ksedlar for a variety of reasons, and believed that ksedlar was supporting Zach over shike way too much.) When shike came in, (ksedlar+Lily+buttcrunch+me would have been in the room) I was going to tell shike to smite Lily, which was pre-arranged code for "smite ksedlar, hopefully be surprise.)

I went up to Lily and my room to think, post, and be safe for a few minutes. Katie came up shortly thereafter wanting to talk to me. I told her that I won't open the door without a witness, please bring Lily up here. I then let them both in. Katie decided to gamble that lily was the rogue, and she conscripted me in front of lily (moments after I made my post about conditionally lynching shike vs Zach, a post which I'll explain below.) Lily played her part beautifully at this point, pretending to be rogue, while (I assume) messaging everybody in game the identity of the mafia.

To explain my conditional lynch post (I would have done this in-game if I had not been conscripted right afterward) I wanted to arrange things so that:

1. If shike didn't make it over in time to smite, Zach would by lynched (you can argue whether this was wise, but I was quite confident in Zach's guilt over shike's)
2. If shike made it over and smited someone unsuccessfully, then Zach would still be lynched (since Shike would be provably innocent)
3. If shike successfully smited somebody, then I would be able to take back my post and tell everybody to lynch Zach.
4. If shike was actually mafia and started killing people (especially me) there would already be instructions to lynch him.