Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: General Scheming
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 pm 
I currently have a petition for mayorship with 5 signatures. I will get Lily's tomorrow, and I'll also go over to EC to get some sigs. I also have acquired the medkit! Basically I said "hi" and introduced myself to Ping earlier today, and so she "randomly" decided to give me the medkit. Unsure if she actually knows anyone else in game...

I'm also going to email some NPs to see if we can get potential hitmen/people who will let us into places/people who can tell us other peoples' schedules/people who will falsely accuse other people of making the kill.

Another thing I'm going to do is see if I can facebook stalk/MIT lookup the other players so I know what they look like. Zach, you should do this too. It will be useful for making kills, and in my case, for figuring out who to get signatures from. Also, I think that if you see someone from game, alone, that you're not connected to (and we haven't used our kill for the day), kill them then and there.

Both of us should fake role claim. I'm going to claim backup, and you (Zach) should claim investigator. Read up on the investigator rules, and basically just pretend you're doing that. Find a proxy, and have them announce your fake results. Always give a negative result (AKA X did NOT kill Y) unless we plan otherwise.

Zach, I believe that you are dating Maura, correct? You should exchange "roles" with her (where you should pretend to be investigator), and also exchange your items. It will be super useful to get a receiver out of town hands, and we basically only need the fake ID for the endgame, so it's fine as long as we know where the ID is.

It would also be REALLY awesome if you could make tomorrow's kill. I'm very high profile, and I wouldn't be surprised if conspiracy theorists have me on their list/investigators try to investigate me first. If that plan falls through, I will make a kill tomorrow, on campus, and use manipulate the press to a nearby location. This is the backup plan, because what I really want to do is keep manipulate the press so that as soon as the innocent child in Dgrazian's plan reveals, one of us can kill them with Slaughter the Weak. Using manipulate the press for that kill means we can get away with a lot less planning on it, and basically just do it ASAP.

Either way, using manipulate the press for an early kill at an accessible location hopefully will draw investigators to use their investigations there. Then, on day 2/3, we can make kills at obnoxious locations, AKA Victor or Krue, to keep lazy investigators from bothering with those kills.

Finally, Zach, you and I should meet in person sometime soon to talk through a lot of this stuff personally. Plus, since you're a new player, I want to be able to fill you in on general game strategy.

(aok, feel free to comment/make suggestions. Also, high five for us having the same alignment 5 games in a row!)

Post subject: Re: General Scheming
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:31 pm 
I like your general strategy. Good job getting the medkit.

I also think it's important to get Zach involved in the game early. If Katie gets caught and killed off, Zach needs to know what to do. Make sure he's clear on how investigator proxying works.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:17 am 
Hello! Sorry, I only just got on. So I'm going to pretend to be an investigator? And anytime after 11 I can be free to meet up with you. I'm low profile, probably, so... For a proxy, just talk to NPs and see if I know one of them who I can get to announce results?
And I can work out a kill if we pick someone and I can find them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:18 am 
By proxy, I mean another player. Anonymous communication is banned, and communicating out of an NP counts as being anonymous. A proxy is good for a real investigator because rather than publicly announcing their results to everyone (a set which definitely includes mafia) they only give their results to one person, who is probably town (in terms of random chance). Then their proxy publicly announces the results.

Would you be able to meet me for lunch? My lunch hour is 12-1. If you'd be willing to walk over to a restaurant near Stata, that would be great, but I could also manage to meet you somewhere closer to MacGregor, like the Student Center.

Also, I decided that our best kill will probably be Ellena. Spinjam will be going on from 6-8 tonight, either in Killian Court or in the grassy area to the west of Walker. One way or another, I should get an email, since I'm on the mailing list, but haven't gone since 1st semester last year. :twisted:

If at all possible, you should see if you can do the receiver/fake ID swap with Maura before the kill. If you're read Dgrazian's/my posts in town square about the importance of switching items, just use that line of reasoning. Honestly, townies really do want to be redistributing their items, so as to confuse mafia. Most importantly though, there is a fairly non-trivial chance that Ellena has mic 2. Buttcrunch started with it, and Ellena is the one who got Buttcrunch into Live Action Mafia, so I'm guessing that Ellena is the person Buttcrunch would be most likely to redistribute the mic to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 am 
Ok, I may ask Maura to be my proxy, since I promised her I wouldn't kill her. I also don't have the receiver or know of her partner yet. Hopefully we don't get screwed over. Though if we think Ellena has a mic, we can kaboom her and see if we were right. Risky, but it would work. That we have the medkit is awesome, though. And I will meet you in Stata, by the cafe, if that's ok with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:14 am 
Okay, meeting at Stata cafe at 12 sounds good. We'll want to keep on the lookout for other players though, since other players might be eating there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:56 pm 
So now what is our next step? I suppose we should see how this lynching plays out, and then plot another kill tomorrow? As long as we're both alive, keep on killing, I guess. Do we want to go after Victor next, since he's one of the next highest threats and not a good target for conscription, or just wait and see?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 pm 
Although he hasn't done anything other than post his introduction, I agree that he would be a good kill. He has played 3 games before, but more importantly, he has a receiver, and I doubt he has had the chance to give it to anyone. If he is on campus at all, we should kill him there. I'll work on a plan of action tonight, assuming I don't get smited at the meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:01 pm 
I think you're set for tonight. They likely won't smite anyone tonight since there are no backups set yet, and won't be until tomorrow. Before the meeting, post what you have of a plan of attack for the next kill so if you do get smited, all is well, and I'll do what I can tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm 
Or, at least there may be no backups with a prophet on their list, so ideally that is the case, or you don't get smited.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm 
Jack Cockerill (the NP I mentioned earlier) says Krue is aparently living at the cruft house of a guy named Pweaver (Random Cruft). A girl named Ceres (who has historically been a happy hitman for mafia) also lives there. I'll try to email one/both of them to get info on where she might be.

Also, I've added a tab on the spreadsheet for NP stuff.