Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Endgame Plans
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm 
I had almost forgotten the problem with napping during Live Action Mafia; I think about game too much to be able to fall asleep. :( I might just have to be sleep-depped until game end/my death.

Due to the fact that we learned four roles early in game, endgame is approaching us much more quickly than I thought (as I posted in Maura down).

What we should do tonight: Continue with the plan to get Shi-ke lynched. If possible, Zach should do a normal kill on Megan. Otherwise, I will kill Dgrazian at ET, using a combination of manipulate the press and kaboom. Yes, we don't know Dgrazian's role, and yes, it is worth it. Dgrazian has survived a bang a total of SEVEN times in his previous games. If he is desperado, I'm pretty sure he would have activated day 1. If he is superhero, he will probably be using invulnerability, not investigation. And even though Shi-ke is publicly advocating for lynching Dgrazian, I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually collaborating. I'm pretty sure they've done it before. If so, Dgrazian might even have mic 1. Manipulate the press will allow me to basically just walk up and kaboom him as soon as we're not in direct line of sight of other people. No one is expecting another kill, and people won't be paying exact attention to the times. I will also try to get NP Nate Otay to be an alib for me. This kill should not change the lynch. Dgrazian is a not only a good kill because he is influential, but also because he has oozed towniness so much during game I'm nearly positive he isn't the rogue. But, although that is definitely the more fun option, killing Megan is safer, and doesn't use powers.

What we should do tomorrow: Have Zach kill Elaine early. Yes, she will die at the end of the day, but meanwhile, people will be trusting her like crazy, and she has an investismite she can use, which will be useless against Zach. Have Zach kill Casey at some point during the day. Have me go into uber-townie mode, posting as much as possible on forums, trying to meet up with people, and making myself look as killable as possible. Hopefully the rogue will try to kill me, and then we'll be in contact. If the rogue just kills someone else, then the medkit should be used to stuff in someone's hand right before kabooming them, because it won't be otherwise useful. Get the rogue to kill someone else. If Dgrazian was not killed the previous day, then the normal kill should be used on him. Lily, I have changed my mind on regarding conscription. I think she's willing enough to go to campus that her not normally going shouldn't be a huge issue. Moreover, most of the living players will be at ET at this point. Unless something weird happens, I will conscript her tomorrow (not doing so today to save it in case of smites). Hopefully find a hitman for the next day, probably to kill Krue.

What we should do Thursday: Rush game end. Scheme, both the poisons, etc. We should kill people such that I will have a majority of signatures on my petition near the end of the day, and become mayor. My votes (3) plus yours (1) plus the conscript's (1) plus the rogue's (1) plus the fake ID (1) = 7, which should be enough to end game.

Misc: Avoid smiting opportunities at all costs. I will gamble on prophets not being willing to smite right before day end tonight, and shut myself in my room as soon as day turns over. I will wake up tomorrow, and hopefully not see anyone in the morning. Will generally try to avoid smites tomorrow too. Zach, you should be pretty safe from being smited.

Exception: If we fail to get in contact with rogue, or worse, the rogue doesn't make a kill (and is thus possibly dead), we will have to extend this plan.

Post subject: Re: Endgame Plans
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:26 pm 
Actually, rather than kabooming Dgrazian, I might prefer to do a bang kill on anyone not from ET who comes over (AKA a prophet).

Dgrazian wants a smite to happen tonight. I will post in support of this. Zach, post your "receiver result" in 10 minutes-ish. If I get smited tonight, kill Dgrazian and conscript Lily. Hopefully that doesn't happen, or we'll lose the fake ID and the medkit. I have confidence that you can still still win this for us even with me dead.

On another note, my highest suspect for rogue is Lily. She wanted role-reveals early, she "jokingly" revealed on forum, she has been messaging people privately to get information, rather than wanting people to give information publicly, she was asking after the medkit, she wanted to run for mayor, we know she isn't a backup or a prophet, and she refused to listen to an innocent child advocating for the lynch of someone they were pretty sure was mafia. Obviously we shouldn't conscript her if we find out she is rogue. I think that is when we should go for our "Krue" option.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 pm 
Go for a kill at ET. Or go for dgrazian, that would be nice. I can't get out tonight, so... Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:34 pm 
Honestly, I kinda hope I get lynched. I did my part, got a few kills and a few traps, got one amazing kill that shouldn't have been possible, and now I'm done. If I survive, I'll keep playing, but I don't care if I get lynched

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:08 pm 
:( I'm pretty sure killing Maura was a mistake. We should have left her alive, since she trusted you, and her death combined with you making the claim really destroyed your chance of staying at all low-profile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 pm 
Too late now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:17 pm 
I was probably too obnoxious to her too, waving the medkit around and stuff. It's just... one and a half hours!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 pm 
I camped for aradhana for over 2. I know it's irritating and time consuming, but her experiment wasn't working. There's nothing that could've been done

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:24 pm 
I know, I shouldn't be complaining to you of all people. Dgrazian wants to lynch you, Lily doesn't. Having you accuse Shi-ke was a mistaken idea on my part. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:25 pm 
It seems like the general vote is Shike at this point, though dgrazien may try to change that. If you can, slip out and lock yourself in your room so you don't get smited.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 pm 
That's going to look super sketchy at this point. Townie me would be happy to stay up, and I already "napped" for several hours. It was a mistake to let Dgrazian live this long too. :cry: I just thought he trusted me yesterday. Someone is coming over, and it might be Shi-ke, as a prophet. :shock: This freaking game...

I changed my mind. I'm going to conscript Dgrazian. I think Lily is rogue. If Shi-ke is the prophet, and he smites me, we are both dead in one day. I forget the rules, but I think in a game this size a conscript should be able to be the last mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm 
Conscript him ASAP. Shike is probably a prophet, though he may not smite you. Also, remember Elaine has a chance to smite you as well

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 pm 
Try to take down Elaine while you're there, if you can safely. Conscript dgrazian, and that'll make life much better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:53 pm 
Elaine can only smite if her investigation comes up positive. She's powerless against me. Dgrazian is already conscripted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:57 pm 
True, but she could guess and find you, so be ready to run if need be, or kill her first.