Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 2
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 pm 
On Day 1 nobody was killed and nobody was lynched. You risk angering the Elder Gods if this abominable nonviolence continues. Cthulhu demands sacrifices.

Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:38 pm 
Well, at least if I'm the only one to vote, town will win the game, because I'm not voting for myself. Seriously, guys, this is just retarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 am 
I'm sorry. I was jetlagged and passed out without voting. =(

I'm guessing someone was conscripted, then. So now we have two mafiosos. It would be nice to have a mayor, so we could use the Shady Contacts ability and know for sure. This is assuming we all start voting, because otherwise the mayor would essentially control who gets lynched and becoming mayor could give the mafia the win. Maybe we shouldn't have a mayor, at least not yet. I have absolutely no idea who to trust. People kept looking at me funny when they walked through desk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:03 pm 
Conscripting doesn't waste the kill for the day. Here are my current theories about what happened yesterday:

1) The mafia just didn't do anything yesterday. I can think of two reasons for this: either they didn't have their pants on, or they were paying attention but just didn't have the opportunity to kill anyone. The latter reason would suggest someone who doesn't live in Random, since it's been proven previously that it's an easy place to get away with killing people if you know your way around. The former reason would make me less suspicious of MollyK and wcheang because both had ample opportunity to kill me yesterday and neither took the chance. Also Dalton to some extent, but we were never within murder range of each other and I probably could have gotten away if he'd tried anything.

2) The mafia conscripted someone and didn't realize they could kill someone. This would make me more suspicious of people who have played the game before, since they are less likely to have re-read the rules and remember that conscription does not take up the kill for the day. I would not include Dalton in this suspicion, since he is the type of person who has the entire rules doc memorized, and I'm pretty sure I heard him talking to Dgrazian about it at some point. Thinking about it, they also could have conscripted and just not had the opportunity to kill anyone, which I haven't thought through enough to know what information that could give us.

Or they could just be a troll. Anyway, these are my current thoughts. I would love to hear other people's opinions. Talking is better than not talking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
I don't think we should have a mayor until we have more voting participation. I will be voting tonight, and think others should too. Not sure for who yet though, as not much has happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:16 pm 
Dalton Allan was shot dead at the corner or Landsdown and Massachusetts Avenue at 6:54 p.m.

The gods of death are appeased for the moment. Let us hope they stay that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 pm 
I was up on Bonfire talking to Tessa about REX stuff around this time. And then I was on Black Hole being excited about Freshman! because FRESHMAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:25 pm 
Pretty much anyone who was around Black Hole at the time can confirm that I was in Black Hole kitchen at the time.

My thoughts are that this was probably a kill of opportunity by someone who would normally be around there, suggesting someone who lives in or frequents Random.

Anyway, alibi time, guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm 
I was with Liz and neither of us was committing any murders

We were at an ET house meeting at the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm 
Well that makes life easier. Alcor was with Dalton at the time of the murder and she just came by my rom to tell me that MollyK murdered him in a very obvious fashion while the two of them were on their way to Jitsu.

If the investigator could back this up, that'd be great, but unless I get some damn convincing evidence, I'm voting for Molly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:10 pm 
as much as there is evidence against me, I am not mafia. I can pm you to convince you (prove my roll as townie or something if necessary).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 pm 
Yeahhhh. An investigator (or two) would be incredibly helpful here.

I was unconscious. I took a 7-hour-long nap ending at 11 pm to getting over jetlag. frak. I haven't been out of the building since 11 am-ish, when I walked to work and back when my supervisor didn't show.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]