Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:52 am 
Yesterday, Dalton Allan was murdered, and Molly was lynched. Discuss. And kill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:44 am 
My bad for not voting again. It's Work Week at ET, where we spend all day cleaning the house and generally preparing for fall rush. I don't even know where my phone is, and this is the first time I've been on my laptop all day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm 
So unless something really dumb happened, I'm positive Molly was mafia, considering that she had Dalton's receiver on her when she was lynched.

Game is still going, which means that the other mafia is likely someone that Molly interacted with at some point in the last two days. I haven't seen rifrim around Random at all, I don't know who jnub is, and Adam and Liz seem busy with ET things, so my suspicions are that either wcheang or Lydia is the other mafia. I'm currently leaning towards Lydia because she didn't realize on the first day of game that you could kill and conscript in the same day (according to her posts and offline conversation we had), whereas I'm pretty sure this came up at some point while Wendy and I were talking on Day 1 (we were playing in the Guild game together that day). In addition, Molly was in Black Hole kitchen for most of the evening, and wcheang was there too, so Molly could easily have passed off her items to avoid incriminating herself post-lynching if wcheang was the other mafia member.

Until better evidence appears, I'm voting for Lydia tonight. Everyone should remember to vote, because Lydia has a fake ID, which means if we have similar voter turnout to yesterday and day 1, she could easily overpower the vote by herself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 pm 
What offline conversation?

I'm not voting for me, obviously. Yesterday I was asleep from 4 pm to 11:30-ish, and couldn't have interacted with anyone. The day before was similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:47 pm 
You were at desk at some point and Wendy and I came by, and mafia was mentioned in passing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:38 pm 
Krue's logic seems pretty good, and although I was considering her as the second mafia, Lydia is definitely more dangerous because of her Fake ID.

I'm voting for Lydia tonight, even though there hasn't been a kiil. I might check back, but I have a rush meeting soon and don't think I will be free for the rest of the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 pm 
=( I don't know what to tell you guys except that I'm definitely not mafia. I don't really have a defense. If I were you, with the information you have, I would vote for me too. I'm torn between giving out my fake id to demonstrate that I'm innocent and using it tonight on a random person to keep an innocent townsperson from getting lynched. Hopefully tonight's kill will shed some light on the situation. I'm stuck at desk until midnight.

Post subject: Mafia
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 pm 
Had there been any kills lately? The mafia seems to be pretty inactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm 
I really don't see how using the ID on someone random is useful. If you are in fact innocent, voting for someone random is more likely to pick an innocent, which would just set up tiebreaks for the mafia later. Also, with as much information as we have, voting truly randomly isn't at all effective.

I figured someone would eventually accuse me of being mafia since that always happens to the people who are actually talking. I will point out in my defense that I always tend to be fairly active in this game, especially when no one else is. An inactive town is like cookies and rainbows for the mafia. The standard "I'm a special role, don't kill me" speech is kind of useless here, since everyone has a special role, but I can say I'm a pretty useful role, so please don't lynch me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]