Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:32 pm 
Half an hour to go.... mafia please kill someone! I don't want a repeat of the no-kills of last game! Though if they use today to conscript I do see the merit in that.
Also, I'm heading upstairs to see Judy (we live in the same tower) and deliver some noodles. So if I die etc etc. Also note, I live on the same floor as Ashley for the time being.

I have talked one-on-one to Nur, Rutu, and Ashley today and I'm still alive and none acted incredibly sketchy, so as of now I have no one to nominate either. So unless something changes in the next half an hour, I'll be voting no-lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 pm 
Sorry, my bad. I meant JY is in 4W, and since JY posted that message, my first impression was that the event happened in 4W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm 
JJ and JY walked around all day claiming to be looking for david but tried to approach me. i tried to run and scream and steven mo showed up and so nothing happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 pm 
True, around 10 minutes ago, JJ and JY came to 5E lounge and tried to get very very close to Yi who started to scream. I suddenly opened my door, and JJ and JY acted "normally" and told me that "nothing has happened, and we are not the mafia."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 pm 
I'm voting for no-lynch today. If I die it's Steven Mo, but anyways: Steven I'm gonna buy you that Coke sometime soon, don't be angry!

:lol:

Post subject: michiyohitomi = Judy Hao
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 pm 
Tis I Judy :p

I'll probably be in Concourse all the time. or Maybe Next House.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:46 pm 
it seems like nothing has happened, probably a conscript. i will vote for no lynch tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 pm 
lol yeah so again steven posted something to make random accusations about people who have guts enough to go against him, and told his follower to "confirm" and "support" what he says. Same old deal. good tactic? not really since i totally exploited this in the last game and got jingxun, xuan, kluo and many other innocent people lynched. if you guys are going to follow him and his "EMOTIONAL LOGIC" again, go ahead and believe and BOTH me and jy are mafia again; or, u can be a little more rational and question if you should question the validity of their statements and use ur own judgement. OR perhaps, question y so early in the game they are already sticking together in every move they make. that's all i have to say. = =||||

@steven mo: i'm not going to drop money or coke outside ur door--i'm fine with buying u a coke but i'm not going to show complacence. come find me in my room where i can get u $1.25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 pm 
Three things to say:

1. Vivian put a good post on the last page. We should maximize contact and discussion with each other, both because we are more likely to get clues that way and because it makes the game more fun. Suspicion is fine, but don't deliberately avoid other players except in extraordinary instances (i.e. you just saw someone make a failed kill and you're trying to get to a computer as quickly as possible to post about it.)

2. Mafia, please make a kill tonight.

3. I think it is technically better strategy to vote somebody off randomly the first round, but if everybody else wants to vote no lynch, I will too. It really wouldn't be fun for the player who was voted off, especially if he/she was a first time player. I don't want to do this again, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 pm 
not to mention that out of game betting is not allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 pm 
whoever uhhjj is, this person sounds pretty convincing. who's steven? it sounds like uhhjj has something very bad against him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 pm 
At 11:50, no announcements. Please vote!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 pm 
@whoever was suspecting a conscript tonight: the mafias probably wouldn't have used up such precious a power so early in the game. it's definitely better for them to figure out stuff first and target their conscription. or just exploit the ambiguity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:56 pm 
JJ is not as good as she claims to be. In game 1, if you see Alex's report, the ONLY reason that JJ knows all the mafia in Day 1 or 2 is that Bianca had her laptop open, so JJ saw some mafia conversations and therefore knew who the mafia were immediately. JJ tried to establish her logic this game by keep mentioning how good she was last game. JJ wants me to really believe her, but after what happened last game, I'm more careful now. Therefore, JJ looked somewhat annoyed at me, not believing her just now 30 minutes ago when she explained exactly what happened David Chen to her. It's up to everybody's choice to believe or not to believe others; JJ, you make a good claim/story of David, but you shouldn't feel against others just because not that many people believe you when now game 2 just started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm 
@jj : you have to buy Steven a Coke too? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am 
heyy AmyC,

i was the conscript in the last game/the mafia who plotted all the stuff. i'm not really against steven mo in the sense that i suspect him, but i do not think his strategy (gathering a huge crowd of followers who he identifies "innocent" by his "emotional logic" and share all the info and voting together) is what we should use this time. honestly, i was part of his crowd last time as a mafia and then got to know every special role and pushed many wrong lynchings. basically he tend to accuse people who do not necessarily trust him and confide everything in him (like kluo and jasontrigg from last game), so i pushed a little and got them all lynched. i've no idea if he's trustworthy or not in this game. i jsut think we should individually use our own judgement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 am 
lol ask Alex again, see what he says. i never saw bianca's laptop in 100000 years i dun even hang out with her at all. that was alex's mistake--ask himself about it. i did see jy's private chat with bianca, but that was quite a while after i figured out who mafias are by interrogation. i actually have a confession wrtten up by my boyfriend who helped me strategically in the game. plus, after i was conscripted, whatever i've done was entirely irrelevant from how i found out the 3 mafia's indentities on the first day. so his logic doesn't make sense.

feel free to distrust me, inspect me, interrrogate me when u find me. i was annoyed at steven cuz he was mad at me deceiving him in the last game, and angrily requested a coke from me for sentimental compensation, and acted completely emotional in our conversation. (well, also cuz he sorta wrongly accused me of not keeping my promise about the coke--which was not legit at all--that's a personal flaw of my semi-childish mind sometimes).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:09 am 
uhhjj wrote:
lol yeah so again steven posted something to make random accusations about people who have guts enough to go against him, and told his follower to "confirm" and "support" what he says. Same old deal. good tactic? not really since i totally exploited this in the last game and got jingxun, xuan, kluo and many other innocent people lynched. if you guys are going to follow him and his "EMOTIONAL LOGIC" again, go ahead and believe and BOTH me and jy are mafia again; or, u can be a little more rational and question if you should question the validity of their statements and use ur own judgement. OR perhaps, question y so early in the game they are already sticking together in every move they make. that's all i have to say. = =||||

@steven mo: i'm not going to drop money or coke outside ur door--i'm fine with buying u a coke but i'm not going to show complacence. come find me in my room where i can get u $1.25.

he didnt really accuse you, he merely stated his observation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:12 am 
well the fact i'm arguing on forum about it is very childish....the rational/mature thing to do i guess is to comply with steven's coke request to make him happy so he doesn't keep accusing me of random stuff. that's exactly what i'll do if i were mafia--i wouldn't even go against him in the first place if i were mafia. but since i'm not, i can be stubborn and say whatever i want to say. lalalalalalalalaaaa~ it's worth it to risk dying in the game but living myself irl~~~feels soooo much better than having to act and comply all the time in the last game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 am 
meowwwwwwww getting back to my math pset. i vow to not argue again b4 i finish my pset! =PPPPPPPPPP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:14 am 
The phrase "emotional logic" was used only once in game 1, that's when you guys (mainly the freshmen) wanted to vote Xuan off. I never used that phrase or that tactic again. JJ, stopped being annoyed of the word "emotional logic." As I said before, you freshmen wanted to vote off Xuan, that's why I used the word freshmen's "emotional logic" when I tried to explain to Stephanie. I used all reasoning and and very clear logic in all the other games except that day with Xuan. JJ, please stopped making things up that I'm just an emotional person because I'm not. I'm a very logical person. JJ, you really got me wrong this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:16 am 
uhhjj sounds like a mafia to me in game 1, is that right? why is she so annoyed when mentioning steven's name? it seems to me that uhhjj has more emotions than any other players so far game 2. hmmmm....interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 am 
Quote:
The phrase "emotional logic" was used only once in game 1, that's when you guys (mainly the freshmen) wanted to vote Xuan off. I never used that phrase or that tactic again. JJ, stopped being annoyed of the word "emotional logic." As I said before, you freshmen wanted to vote off Xuan, that's why I used the word freshmen's "emotional logic" when I tried to explain to Stephanie. I used all reasoning and and very clear logic in all the other games except that day with Xuan.

omg are u seriously saying this??? when we were upstairs 30 min ago u clearly said "that's what i mean by EMOTIONAL LOGIC blahblahblah" just ask JY who's there. and ask stephanie about last game--she was trying to convince u to vote for irene, and was quesitoning the logic behind voting random silent people, and u supported ur own choice by quoting emotional logic and to make the game more interesting. i think u can still find stephanie's post about it.
this is a blatant lie. steven, u really got me suspecting u this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 am 
JJ has no logic at this point. JJ has more emotion more than any other players right now. I never said that I will use emotional logic in this game. Please move on and stop dwelling on this topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am 
@amy:

yep yep yep, i was a conscripted mafia. i gave the mafias the option to conscript me and continue the game, or not conscript me and having them all killed off by day 3, since i foudn out all 3 of them by end of day 2. (that was also cuz my best friend was mafia and very bad at acting > < i'm actually not that good at finding info out of people.)

yeah i do have a lot of emotion--thta's just how i am irl. read last game's history u'd find me really cautious and agreeing a lot. i do get that agreeing with people is the eziest way to gain trust. but who cares, i'm tired of faking it so i'm gonna say what i think this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am 
I did want to vote for Irene after hearing's Stephanie's logic; however, you and other freshmen were unwilling to give it up. You guys clearly wanted Xuan to die.

Of course you want to stick with killing Xuan because Irene was a mafia. That's why you kept telling me that you have no time to change your vote from Xuan to Irene. Good play, JJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am 
Stephanie wrote this in day 6 discussion of the last game:

Quote:
I think that it is/was a complete waste to lynch Xuan, BECAUSE she is inactive. Either she is an inactive townsperson, which counts towards us in numbers, or she is an inactive mafia, which also helps us because she won't kill us. So either way, it would have been best to lynch someone else. Irene happened to be the only other choice.

I presented this logic, in Di's room(?I think?) to Steven, and a whole bunch of other people (Di, Yi, Katherine, Joy, ?). I think it's most interesting how Steven responded. He adamantly defended lynching Xuan, saying that if she didn't want to be active, we should vote her off. He told me that I was "using logical reasoning, but [he was using] emotional reasoning, in the spirit of the game".

steven, u are lying a lot in this game--u were equally enthusiastic in the last game but i didn't find u to lie, or this hostile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am 
sorry for boring u guys with such back and forth stale argument >.< but please read and see who's more logical and honest!

but this is just who i am---i hate people making up things and get personal against me. i know this is childish--but hey i'm still 17 =) let's tolerate my bad habbit a little till i grow up? =P

but tell me if u are really annoyed > < i'll stop and i really appologize. =/ sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:35 am 
Stephanie only saw the first part of the story; Stephanie left the room at 11:50pm; at that point, I tried very hard to persuade you guys to follow Stephanie's logic. However, you guys the freshmen won't because you guys wanted to lynch Xuan off. Alex was actually in the room between 11:50pm and midnight, so you can ask Alex if I'm right or not. Stop claiming I lied because I didn't. I only presented the side of the story that you tried to hide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 am 
JJ and I were just going upstairs trying to find david chen and steven came out and while we were talking, he said he doesn't care if his team wins, he just wants to be happy. He said he uses emotional logic.
I can vouch for JJ and I am 99% sure that she is innocent and I am 100% positive that I'm not the mafia this time.

As of now, I feel steven is either the mafia or he was conscripted today. Also, david is kind of suspicious, too.