Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Game Story
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:42 pm 
Mafia: joy, skates, Yi Zhang, David Chen (conscripted)
Investigators: Daniel Grazian, uhhjj
Jesus:
Bianca
Vigilante: kluo
Fraudster: Allan Zhao

Day 1:
Dalitso receives the Medkit, which she keeps for the entire game.
Spenser Skates conscripts David Chen, his Battlecode partner, since it would help to have a person often near him be allied, so as to give alibis.

Day 2:
At 2AM, skates, heavily disguised, hides in one of the stall in the Next 5E bathroom. When Steven enters the bathroom, skates comes out, kills Steven, and leaves.
JJ investigates kluo for killing Steven, getting a ‘no’.
Minutes before midnight, while talking to skates, Daniel Grazian investigates skates for killing Steven, getting a yes.
Daniel Grazian hurriedly leaves Next house minutes before the Mafia regains their power to kill.
Following skates’ suggestion of lynching people not active on the forums, Jason in lynched, getting a plurality three of seven votes.

Day 3:
Daniel posts a cryptic comment pointing out that he did not vote, saying this would be important later.
At around 12:45 AM, skates leaves Next House to go to Simmons and kill Daniel. He camps outside Daniel’s door for three hours, but Daniel does not come by. In fact, Daniel had run off to the student center Athena cluster to post, and would not return to his room until Spenser has left.
At around 3AM, Daniel sends a message to two trusted confidantes, Joy and Kai, saying that he is Investigator and investigated skates, and explains what happened last night. Unknown to Daniel, Joy is Mafia and shows Daniel’s message to skates.
Daniel posts on the forums accusing skates without admitting that he is Investigator, and asks the Investigator to investigate skates.
Skates goes to McCormick to try to kill Hilary. He signs in at Desk as “Daniel Garzien” (sic), with reason for coming as “to kill (blotted out) Hilary”. Upon not finding Hilary, who is away in NYC, he goes to find Rutu and kills her.
JJ, the second investigator, checks that skates killed Steven.
Skates tries to convince people to vote No-Lynch.
Skates is lynched in a close vote, with 4 votes for him and 3 for Daniel. Other the Skates’ votet for No-Lynch, none of the Mafia vote.

Day 4:
JJ point out of the forums that Vivian Lee and Dalitso voted for Daniel without joining the discussion.
Yi kills Daniel at 1:55 AM outside New House and Manipulates the Press the location to itself, to cover for investigation.
JJ investigates if jayarsea killed Daniel, getting a ‘no’.
Nevertheless, jayarsea is lynched.

Day 5:
JJ investigates if Vivian Lee killed Daniel, getting a ‘no’.
Under the auspices of JJ, Bianca comes out falsely as inspector. Vivian Lee says she believes Bianca, but David Chen (who is Mafia) expresses skepticism.
Hilary posts about Spenser’s sign-in in McCormick as Daniel.
The Mafia hire Steven Mo as a hitman.
David Chen plans to go to McCormick for a kill, but Bianca sees him leave, so he stays in Next House instead. At 11:05 PM, David Chen enters JJ’s room, where jy is. He kills jy, and JJ, who is in the room with her back turned, turns around and asks “Wait, did you just kill jy?” to which David says “Yeah.” In the Next 5E lounge, David admits to being Mafia.
David is lynched.

Day 6:
The hitman Steven Mo kills Allan Zhao in the Athena cluster at 12:01 AM.
JJ successfully convinces a few players to lynch Yi Zhang.

Day 7:
Joy, the only remaining Mafia, kills JJ at 1:40 AM.
The next evening, the Vigilante kluo kills Vivian Lee.
With no organizing force, there are only two votes that day. Irene and Dalitso vote for each other. By virtue of having voted first, Dalitso wins, and Irene is lynched.

Day 8:
Joy, the only remaining Mafia, goes to McCormick and kills kluo.
With two votes for her, joy is lynched, ending the game in favor of the townspeople. Eight players are alive at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm 
These games were lots of fun. I had a great time in both of the IAP live-action mafia games. And I'm really grateful to have made so many friends at Next House :D

I would like to organize a campus wide live-action mafia game during Spring term. I know people are busy during this time, but MIT students still find time for all sorts of extracurricular activities, and I think that with enough advertising we can get a lot of interested students. I am hoping to get players distributed across the campus. I was fine having the last two games Next-centric, but I think it will be interesting to see a more spread out game.

Also, this will be a very good opportunity to get to know people and make friends from other dorms.

Ideally, I would want to play in the game, but I expect I will probably end of monitoring it. I am totally fine with this.

I will need to have help advertising the game (emailing dorm lists, putting up signs etc.)

If this works out (and I think it will) it will be EPIC. I am hoping to get as many (**legitimately participating**) players as possible.

Somebody, give me a response if you are interested in helping out.