Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I think...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 am 
we should kill whoever seems involved. I'm wondering if first target should be david chen? He's active. He also spends 12 hours a day in my room battlecoding so it's difficult for me to do anything with him around. Maybe conscript him right away so we have two people in the same room that can provide alibis? What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:59 am 
please reply as soon as possible, otherwise i'm going to go make a kill myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 am 
The more I think about it the more I realize it might be best if we recruit David Chen first turn. I know optimally we want to recruit a vigilante, but it's going to be hard to know who one is (and who knows we might get lucky!) Also we're really hampered if he's playing for the townspeople because i'm locked down in my room with him. If both me and him are mafia it gives us crazy ability to kill with alibis. He's also participating a lot on the forums and is good in general at these kind of games and spots mafia pretty quickly. People also trust him. It will also give us cover first turn because people might think we don't have our shit together, and we might get a free day if people vote no-lynch (whereas later on people are definitely going to lynch.) What are your guys' thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 am 
I'd say go for it, since no one expects us to conscript first round. The only disadvantage is that we won't be able to aim for someone with a special role (or conscript Steven), but I think alibis are important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am 
steven mo seems to have a special role. he doesnt trust me enough to disclose it, so i wonder if we should conscript steven mo and tell steven mo to kill david then skates would appear as perfectly innocent. further, skates can accuse steven mo of kill david as a witness. that would guarantee skate's innocence in front of the towns people. also conscripting steven mo would provide you valuable intel and the freshmen are easily convinced by him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm 
Alright so we're between conscripting David and Steven Mo. I think we should do David. The problem with David being killed is that it puts suspicion on me right away. I know I can claim I didn't do it to the investigators after they investigate me, but it's still no guarantee of not being lynched by the townspeople.

Steven's special role is tempting though... Although we can just kill him as our first kill if we do it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm 
I think David also has a medkit in his pocket... I saw a tennis ball there, wasn't sure if its the one though. He's sitting right next to me.

The thing about Steven Mo's special role is that if it's investigator it isn't that great. Vigilante is the most powerful followed by Fraudster and then Jesus. If we can be guaranteed to get one of those roles i'd say go for it, but I think under the circumstances having me locked down in my room is worth it to recruit David.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:07 pm 
Oh and finally, if we conscript, we won't get a kill for today. This might appear suspicious. I suggest we go run around next house knocking on people's doors who are playing the game at 11:30 to make it appear as if we botched a kill before midnight, and then immediately kill after midnight. Joy, is it possible for you to do this kill? I think your the person people would least suspect at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 pm 
alright, conscript david then. i thought of a good way to kill steven mo. we all know that steven mo likes to play table mafia. so there's several ways:
1. hire a hitman and have the hitman volunteer to be the god(steven mo wont be a god if some1 else volunteers) and have the god kill him when the god is passing out the cards or any convenient time

2. sit next to him during the mafia game and try to discuss in game stuff with him. then kill him. but if we use this, we would need to have manipulate the press.

3. have one of us volunteer to be the god and kill him while passing out cards. but this would require the two other mafias sit next to steven mo so there wont be any ppl who can hear the whisper. i suggest using manipulate the press to cover up the trace here.

4. if steven mo is a god, and one of us have a special role. we can js pretend to be confused about something and ask him and whisper bang when he comes to hear us.

the first way is the obviously the safest, but we need a good candidate for hitman. also, if steven mo is jesus, that would be bad too.

i dont think we should run around, cuz they will suspect us since towns ppl should be barricading themselves inside their room at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 pm 
about the medkit, i thought some1 in Simmons have it. he couldnt possibly obtained it so quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm 
and if we kill david during a mafia game by one of the methods that i said, you wont be suspicious bc you would have a alibi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 pm 
haha he doesn't actually have it he's just walking around with a tennis ball in his pocket. Joy, are you okay with us conscripting David?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:20 pm 
so conscript david and kill steven mo during mafia? is that the plan? when do u plan to conscript david?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm 
Sometime today after joy has given me the okay. It uses up our kill for the day though, and we'll kill steven mo sometime right after midnight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm 
ah you already gave me the okay joy, i'll go ahead and do it now =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:31 pm 
so.. does david have any special power?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:36 pm 
no special power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:38 pm 
awww, looks like that we have to assasinate steven mo then.