Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Assasinating Steven Mo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 pm 
Yi Zhang wrote:
alright, conscript david then. i thought of a good way to kill steven mo. we all know that steven mo likes to play table mafia. so there's several ways:
1. hire a hitman and have the hitman volunteer to be the god(steven mo wont be a god if some1 else volunteers) and have the god kill him when the god is passing out the cards or any convenient time

2. sit next to him during the mafia game and try to discuss in game stuff with him. then kill him. but if we use this, we would need to have manipulate the press.

3. have one of us volunteer to be the god and kill him while passing out cards. but this would require the two other mafias sit next to steven mo so there wont be any ppl who can hear the whisper. i suggest using manipulate the press to cover up the trace here.

4. if steven mo is a god, and one of us have a special role. we can js pretend to be confused about something and ask him and whisper bang when he comes to hear us.

the first way is the obviously the safest, but we need a good candidate for hitman. also, if steven mo is jesus, that would be bad too.

so those are my ideas, how do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm 
It's beautiful, although I think it's tricky to pull off.

So I think here's the best way to do it: someone playing the game will do it. Immediately after the kill (within a minute) I'm going to ask one of my friends to run by the game and pretend to kill Steven Mo with a mask on and then run away so they think it was the person who ran by and not anyone at the game who killed him. I can find the friend. Can we guarantee that Steven Mo plays mafia tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm 
as long as there's a mafia game tonight, i think steven mo will join

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm 
if not, i can js post in the forum asking ppl to have a table mafia game tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm 
Steven just sent me an email a while ago telling me he's just a townsperson...

or specifically, he said:

Quote:
I'm just a normal town person....as boring as last time :(

I'm not the mafia; because if I'm the mafia (for live action mafia game #2, IAP 2010), then I will use my Rhodes Scholarship's money to buy you a free round-trip ticket between Miami and Boston!!!

I think the plan sounds really great in theory, although a lot might go wrong with it (ex. people need to be noisy so no one can overhear Steven be killed--someone tell a funny joke?). We need to come up with backup plans in case things go wrong, which they very well might.

Ex. If Steven is mafia god, then, when he's passing out cards, someone tell a joke, and another one taps him on the shoulder somehow? This part seems tricky. If he's not god, that might be slightly easier. One of us can volunteer to be God and tap him while passing out cards. Again we'll need the distraction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm 
Okay Alex says we can't do it. You can't trick people into thinking an action was or was not a kill when it was actually something else. Give me a little and I'll come up with something else. We gotta nail him as soon as possible though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
Wait... but we're not tricking them into thinking something was a kill or not, just the way that it was conducted.

I really liked that plan :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm 
I think our best bet might be to catch him alone if we can't deceive people nearby him then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:32 pm 
In which case I won't be able to do it, because the reason I come to Next 80% of the time is to visit Steven -__-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm 
hmmmmm this is tricky, maybe I should do it because I'm pretty sure I can catch him alone and David can give me an alibi along with using Battlecode as supporting evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:12 am 
Just killed him. It was hilarious. I heard someone come in the bathroom, go into the stall, then come out to wash their hands. I received Yi's text while sitting on the toilet of another stall. I immediately jumped out of the stall and came face to face with him, wearing a yellow hoodie and a brown scarf wrapped around my face. Before he could react to what was going on I said bang and left the bathroom. There was another girl in there as well, couldn't tell who it was though and she looked equally confused. He just looked stunned that it happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:37 am 
is the other girl an asian girl about my height? cause i saw Shion walk to the lounge from that direction. afterwards, if so i will talk to her today and tell her to keep it secret