Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with Daniel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am 
So I got two messages from Daniel, which I will now post in succession. I didn't get them until this morning, so I'm not really sure what the situation is now (I'm also still at lab), but I'll see if there's any way I can kill him today, although that might not be possible.

Quote:
First off, I'll get right to the point: I am investigator, and skates is mafia (he killed Steven). I've been trying to decide during the two hours how best to expose him, while minimizing the risk to myself and the townspeople.

Here is what happened:
Skates and I had been exchanging messages (initiated by skates) throughout the day, and we finally met at TFL around 11:35. We were discussing the events of the past two days and considering who to lynch. Skates was very adamant that we lynch somebody who has not been participating and he focused on Jayson. It's difficult to describe in writing, but I got a bad vibe about him (one reason being that Jayson was only one of many nonparticipating players.) Anyway, at around 11:55 I submitted an investigation against skates. Sure enough, I received an affirmative answer at 11:57. At this point, we were alone in TFL, and I knew that there was a good chance that I would be killed as soon as the clock struck 12:00. I made hasty excuses and left at 11:59, running back to Simmons as fast as I could. Since then I've been starting and scrapping various messages to various people, trying to come up with the best approach as far as who to contact and what our plan should be.

I made pathetically bad excuses to get away from skates (I had less than three minutes, and he was trying to stall me), so he almost definitely suspects that I am investigator, or that I at least know who the investigator is. I want to arrange things so that I have the least likely chance of being killed or (especially) conscripted. What I am thinking of doing is as follows:

I will announce that somebody told me that he/she knew who the investigator was. Hopefully, I, as the real investigator, will not be conscripted, because if this were true than I would neither be the investigator myself nor know who it is. My plan is that you will be the "investigator" in this case, while the other person I am sending this message to will be the "person who claims to be investigator."

I obviously cannot expect you to fully trust me, but realize that if I were mafia, I would be foolish to come out like this. For one thing, there is a risk that I will be lynched along with or even instead of skates. If this doesn't happen, after pulling a stunt like this, I will probably be suspected later in the game. Think about it, and you will quickly convince yourself that there are too many scenarios in which I could end up lynched. This would be a reckless move if I were mafia.

For my part, I cannot be sure that neither of you are mafia, but I have to make a gamble here.

Remember, I am sending this same message (with the other roles in my plan reversed) to somebody else. For now I don't want you to know who each other are. I am looking forward to meeting with both of you. In the best scenario, we will both realize that none of us are mafia, and we can subsequently make this a three-person investigating team.

Feel free to suggest alternative plans to that described above. Hopefully we can meet tomorrow. If there is someone else in the game who you really trust, you may want to pm him/her before we meet; that way, even if I were conscripted between now and then (which would be exceedingly unlikely, because I will not go to Next House unaccompanied tomorrow) I would not be able to kill you without detection.

Please respond quickly. Ideally I would like this all planned out tomorrow so that skates can be lynched then. Since he likely already realizes that he has been found out, he will probably continue to make all the mafia kills himself so as not to allow the other mafia to be exposed. In that case neither me nor the other investigator would be able to discover any new information.

See you tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:28 am 
Quote:
I decided this was too urgent; there was too great a chance that I would end up suspected without getting Skates lynched. So I posted the story I described to you on the forum. Even if you don't believe me at this point, don't reveal my web of deception, at least not yet. The other investigator will investigate Skates, and confirm that the essential fact I am claiming is true. You will see that I am telling the whole truth (to you two at least!)

I really shouldn't have even brought you two into this. I should have simply claimed the "someone told me that someone investigated story" right away. The other investigator would have confirmed this, and I would not have even been under unnecessary suspicion. I made this so much more complicated than it needed to be. Still, what's done is done, and I want to make the best of it. Let's still meet as soon as possible; I've told you my identity so I have no choice but to trust you. And of course if one of you is the investigator, then confirm my investigation and post it (through a surrogate.)

I think I've patched everything up now as long as the other investigator follows through (of course if he/she was already killed, then I'm screwed.) But I'm going to try not to even think of that possibility!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 pm 
can you kill him? Fuck did I really blow my meeting with him that much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:38 pm 
Joy, Don't post too much public doubt on the forum against Daniel. i think that this would place a big point of suspicion over your head. Let's look at the forums today on how things play out. If it looks like too many people are against Spenser anyway, the best option might be for Spenser to execute Dan. We're pretty sure he's an inspector.

The problem is that the other inspector will likely corroborate his story. After all, his message did have an air of urgency; if I were still a townsfolk, I would have believed him.

This is a pretty bad situation indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:48 pm 
Okay here's the deal:

We can't kill him as mafia, that's way too suspicious and will immediately get me lynched. There's no way mafia would kill him if I weren't mafia, because he's doing a good job of incriminating a so called "non-mafia."

So here's what I propose: Let's try to turn the tide on him on the forums. Do what you can to convince people to be on your side without exposing yourself. If that doesn't work, I'll just go kill him myself and be lynched the next day.

My bad guys, I didn't mean to get killed so early on. Oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:22 pm 
Also, good looks joy on gaining his trust. What did you do? I'll have to take a page out of your book sometime =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:23 pm 
Nice, we got one more vote on our side (I pm'ed this guy yesterday):

To: skates
Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:19 pm
Subject: Re: What's your take on Daniel?
I actually do not know him, but from what I've been reading he is rather suspicious. The direct accusations towards you sound somewhat misleading..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:39 pm 
Dude I did nothing. I woke up and saw that he pm'ed me. I have actually no idea why he trusts me either (it might be because Steven trusted me), but I guess I'm meeting with him tonight some time. I'm actually worried that I might mess up too since I can't lie to save my life. My plan is to tell a few random people about our meeting, and kill him if the opportunity arises, and then claim that I was framed by one if these people if I'm suspected. But I'm not sure if killing Dan would be wise since he's also being suspicious--good job skates. Either way, if Dan doesn't die tonight I would have to vote for you to keep his trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:03 pm 
Ok let me know what I should do. I should reply to him soon. Kill him or wait for later?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:15 pm 
sorry i didnt reply in time. im at lab working and im taking a break now. I dont think joy should kill Dan. it seems that skates would get lynched tonight. i think that skates should kill dan. but before skates kill dan, david should post something like skates was trying to kill him but didnt succeed. so it pulls david out of the suspect list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:18 pm 
the thing is, we should try to get a second investigator to corroborate on dan's story. if no one comes out, it's highly likely that steven was the investigator and we can use this knowledge to our advantage in future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm 
Yi Zhang wrote:
sorry i didnt reply in time. im at lab working and im taking a break now. I dont think joy should kill Dan. it seems that skates would get lynched tonight. i think that skates should kill dan. but before skates kill dan, david should post something like skates was trying to kill him but didnt succeed. so it pulls david out of the suspect list.

but we should observe towns ppl's reaction first before we decide to sacrifice skates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:39 pm 
Sounds good, so I have to meet him soon. Shall I inform you guys the time and place of our meeting when I find out? (The problem is my cell phone's broken...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:16 pm 
One idea would be to kill someone else tonight, see if daniel or spenser dies, and if we fail, try to kill daniel.

The movement of the Medkit will be crucial, though. Ai!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm 
the thing is, im sure daniel is already on his way to get the medkit. that's prob y he wants to form a group of three with joy and obtain the medkit. kinda like the plan that JJ suggest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm 
It's okay we'll get him lynched this round. People are confused as hell, and David's about to come out in support of me on the forums. I might try to target someone in Simmons to frame Daniel, and I have a few more tricks up my sleeve against him to unleash on the forums. Joy, just go with the group and play along. We might have lucked out with Steve Mo as investigator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:11 pm 
I just talked to Steven again and he told me he wasn't anyone. He wouldn't have any reason to lie to me since I really don't think he suspects me. He also warned me to not talk to Daniel because he sounded too suspicious.

That aside I would still talk to Daniel, but the problem is he hasn't told me where/when the meeting is, and my phone's also broken. I pm'ed him, so hopefully I'll hear back.

Skates, do you need any help with Hilary/ whoever else in McC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:13 pm 
I should be okay. Keep paying attention to your phones. If for some reason I can't get something off before midnight, I'll let you guys know by 11 and you should make an emergency kill in Next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:32 pm 
I just talked to JJ and JY. They both don't think Daniel is the investigator but he's also not mafia. JJ's convinced that Skates is the mafia though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:44 pm 
yea, i think skate will be lynched tonight. so i think skates should js kill daniel. and david should accuse skates of attempting killing him. JJ has provided me with sufficient arguments so that i have to either not vote or vote for skates. so what do u guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:48 pm 
Seems like it. JY also just told me she was voting for Skates.

Spenser, is there a way you can get to Daniel tonight? He still hasn't pm'ed me, but he might have called (my phone's broken, so I can hear when I get a call but I can't pick it up or see who it's from). If he has the medkit, can we attempt to kill him twice in the same day? In which case I could go with you so if you can't kill him I'll do it once his medkit becomes void.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm 
im organizing a game of table mafia tonight, and daniel is coming, should we kill him? if so how? i.e. hitman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:22 pm 
I just killed Rutu, although you guys should definitely kill him tomorrow, with hitman if possible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm 
Do we want to use hitman this early? I think it would work because they're planning on staying until 1 or 2, so during any of these times the hitman can kill him.

On another note, it'd be awesome if one of us could kill him while being God, but I think that's almost next to impossible to pull off.

I don't think I can come to the game tonight, unfortunately. It would've been a good chance to meet up with Daniel and maybe get a chance to kill him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:34 pm 
Okay so here's the deal: if i'm lynched you guys kill him right away, but while I'm still alive, stay away from him. I think we can convince the forums to vote no-lynch this round, it's not quite as bad as you guys might think.

(PS I'm happy to be the hitman as well)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 pm 
Alright here's the plan: convince people there isn't enough information and that they should vote no-lynch. I've submitted my vote and think I'm done for tonight. May I awake tomorrow alive =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 am 
crap, skate shouldve voted for daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 am 
shit shit shit! We lost one!

nobody kill the daniel-voters. Maybe they can be convinced to persist.

I guess it's time for me to take a more active role in this. I sent Daniel a PM voicing my thoughts about his situation. I don't think he'll trust me after it, but as a "townsperson," I'm putting my trust in him. Just so you guys know the situation.

Anyway, there's one more thing. We may want to do a no-kill some day, and claim that Daniel may haven conscripted. This would be very hard to pull off, though, and requires just the right amount of misstepping from his end. Anyway, I don't think we should do it, but the option is always there =P

We can always claim that the no-kill on the first day was just a mafia mess-up anyway, haha.