Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm 
I am "proxying" to jamb, brunnerj, isaacg, and line. I probably won't actually use any of them for outvestigations since I'm actually an outvestigator.

jamb wrote:
Speaking of Pesto: he's on his phone suspiciously more often than usual, so I think he may be some kind of mafia, and if so probably on a team that has a day 1 kill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:09 pm 
Katie and Jackie propose the following alliance among the three of us:
ksedlar wrote:
1. X does not kill Y, and tries their best to make sure other people don’t kill Y, unless it is mechanically advantageous for X for Y to die over anyone else. E.g. if X is mafia and other mafia are interested in killing Y, X convinces them to kill someone else. E.g. If X is anything, X tries to persuade a lynch mob to lynch Z instead of Y if Y and Z are in an equivalent beef.
2. Relatedly, X does not do anything that would mechanically make them want to kill Y, unless it is mechanically advantageous to do this to Y over anyone else. For example, if X is town, X doesn’t investigate or stalk Y, because doing so could generate a positive result and make them want to kill Y.
Where each of us takes on values of X and Y
Would you be interested in joining such a contract?

Beneficial or no?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 pm 
Katie said basically the same thing to me. I told her that I am town-town, and that if she is telling the truth in claiming she is town-town, then of course we're on the same team. (Don't use the exact same response of course :-P)

I'd say its fine to enter into such an agreement. But feel zero pressure to honor it. Also, say that you're town town

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:26 am 
jamb and ksedlar additionally proposed a system where we cyclically share a person we want to kill or save (or make up a random person if we have none such) in such a way that we don't know who started with which one. Did they also propose this to you? If so I think it's likely that they're colluding to find out info from other people. I probably shouldn't mention saving you since you're dying at the end of today anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm 
jamb/ksedlar/I just did the pseudo-anonymous exchange of death/life wishes thing. They submitted that they want dgrazian and Lucy alive in some order; I submitted that I want aok dead.
Sad that at least one of their wishes won't be granted :'(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07 pm 
Actually, this ups my suspicion that Lucy/jamb are a mafia pair or otherhow connected in some way (Lucy was the one who submitted jamb innocent yesterday)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:27 pm 
I gay- knight investigated Lucy. She didn't do it. I wanted to kill jamb at ET but couldn't find her. I will probably kill aok tonight at minions. Thoughts on whether I should try to do it stealthily (and likely be one of the top few investigation targets, though probably not the only one.)

It's definitely tough to make stealthy kills with Lily in the game. But I can't bring myself to kill her yet, given that this is her last game in a long time. Not to mention I'd look really suspicious if she died.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 pm 
Yeah, that's reasonable. You're dying tonight anyway, so it doesn't matter too much that you can't make stealthy kills.

Repeating here for spectators: I think either option could work, and am leading towards public gn kill because aok is likely mafia anyway (only he, Ksedlar, or jamb could have killed Luke, unless it really was Josh). Hopefully we'll still get someone else lynched tonight, and be able to set up a gcn.

Oh! Killing publicly today also proves you didn't make yesterday's kill. That's nice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 pm 
line wrote:
I'm dying today because Pesto was my gay knight (inner) buddy. I was outer gravedigger: Josh was an innocent child and Luke was indeed a gay knight (outer).

sammyluo wrote:
That's really interesting! How much of this do you think should be proxied out? I guess there's no harm in confirming to people that Luke was outer GN, and I can also proxy out that Josh didn't out-kill Luke, but we maybe don't want to tell people the other specific outer roles involved to avoid making it too easy for mafia to set traps.

So, since Daniel was confirmedly Luke's GN partner and both achester and aok have been out-vestigated negative for the kill, if Daniel was lying this probably means that the killer is still alive, and is one of ksedlar, jamb, and Lucy. The latter two have negative investigations on them, but that might not actually mean much...

Also, have you used your gravedig for today yet? If not, it might be useful to gravedig one of aok or achester (more likely aok?), to see if the result is consistent with jamb's mafia count later. Or maybe we should wait until closer to day end to see if we have a better idea of who to dig.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm 
Elaine just gravedug aok as outer mafia :O

This changes things. I'll wait until after the mafia count to announce this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:34 pm 
ksedlar has "messed up" and assumed the inclusion of Lucy enough times that, if the mafia count turns out to be 3, I won't be too surprised if ksedlar, jamb, and Lucy are all mafia together.