Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:10 pm 
Let's use this thread to post amusing strategies that might make this game broken or at least amusing.

Here's one: mafia can screw each other over by making a kill right before another mafia player is scheduled to, causing their bang to fail and for them to be outed.

This probably isn't actually a useful strategy.

It also sparked a discussion in ghost chat as to whether players should be allowed to bang and fail on purpose. I think the answer is no, but Jakob came up with a good argument for why it should be allowed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:29 pm 
As a rule, I think it's best for mafia rules to minimize (accidental or intentional) metagaming players are required to do.

There are several situations in which players can gain information of "player thought they could use bang but couldn't" and allowing it to be done intentionally fixes that.

1) isaacg thinks kills insta-regenerate as vig (if intentional is allowed, then this is fakeable)
2) mafia has already made a kill (if a mafia wants to fake the above strategy to discredit future mafia defectors and confuse town, then bang needs to be usable illegally intentionally).

I think this should be limited to only being legal if they, in some way, have a reasonable faking reason to do it. (i.e. they shouldn't do it to silence someone for 10 minutes).