Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 am 
Dgrazian and ksedlar made a pact, saying to each other "I won't kill you unless I'm vigilante or gay knight." (Because they're obviously both Town Town and that's the only way they could kill) One is a vigilante, they other is a gay knight/mafia. So they're going to kill each other.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:47 pm 
Y'know, this game was my idea originally...I really would have liked to play in it. (On that note, thanks for GMing, Dylottan!)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 pm 
Lucy made up the investigation on jamb. People are trusting it (and investigations in general) too much, I think. Especially since being innocent in one layer doesn't completely clear you.

Where did ksedlar get that elaine didn't kill luke? Nobody made such an investigation or stalking. It seems like a sketchy thing to claim: why would someone stalk the single new player, and why would someone investigate her? Best guess: it came from pesto, because they're gay knights, and the whole "ksedlar gchatted me this" thing is just to confuse people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 am 
Jackie figured out most of that last paragraph.

I think game's looking unbalanced in favor of Mafia, but it could be they're just getting lucky/playing well (dgrazian's a dying GN, people lynched brunnerj for no real reason).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 am 
Is DG doing any dying-gay-knight things? My chances for him getting it right are pretty low now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:06 pm 
I'm wondering if 4 mafia is just too many. Maybe 1-2-2-8 would have been more balanced. Hopefully TM hit some mafia with their kills and mafia start thinking about defecting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm 
aok wrote:
sammyluo wrote:
Yay strategy!

In terms of elected items:

-I don't see any reason not to have mayoral items filled ASAP (anyone who could sabotage could do so anyway by just destroying the item). I'll bring mine to ET when I go over tomorrow evening.

I agree
sammyluo wrote:

-We should make sure not too many people are on too many of the PO signature lists. I suppose that if game shrinks and completion fractions of the various tasers change a lot, we could force some people to switch their signatures to different tasers if necessary, but this seems like a big hassle. Then again, having ready tasers is nice, especially if, as the rules seem to imply, tasers have no warmup phase (and are in fact remote-activated???). So, maybe keeping them at ~1/2 filling is reasonable?

I think keeping them about half filled is good. We should try to keep them disjoint; never have anyone sign all 3 PO lists.

Umm.. why aren't any petitions getting signed or moved around? Are they just not reporting it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm 
"I still think it's ok (and at least entertaining) to claim credit for a gay knight kill on jamb if I can find her. The town can't know whether plant evidence was used right?" -Daniel Grazian

!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:13 pm 
ksedlar was guessing the mafia so well and is now doubting herself because of dgrazian's fake smite :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 pm 
If jackie counts the inner mafia, she'll get 1. So either (1) aok was MM and someone (probably dgrazian) who died was TM, or TM got really unlucky and both died. The first is more likely, I think. So she'll be able to trust her fellow mafia. If she tells them this, they might think she's MM, and is lying to trick them into trusting her. But jordan and lucy will know to trust each other, unless both aok was MM and both TM are dead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:16 pm 
Er, that last sentence wasn't quite right. Jordan and lucy will know that either jackie is lying, in which case she's MM and they can trust each other, or she's telling the truth, in which case most likely aok was MM and one TM is dead, so they can still trust each other.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 pm 
My two top suspects for luke's death were jamb and Lucy. My intention was to GK-investigate one of them. If successful kill them (and then mafia-kill somebody else later.) If unsuccessful, mafia- kill the other, claiming it to be a GK kill.

I arbitrarily chose to GK investigate Lucy. This returned a negative. I then looked around et for jackie, with the intention of killing her, but didn't find her (this was in the 5-6 realm of time.) I was then leaving et for the day, so I decided to kill aok instead, which was what I did.

So I'm really sorry aok, you got unlucky :-(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:49 pm 
Wow dgrazian! Your list seemed to have included jamb, Lucy, jordanh, aok, and Pesto. 4/5 mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 pm 
I didn't play well.
-I didn't think to withhold the investigation of line until I saw whether there was any need to make it; this was just a mistake.
-Claiming to bumblingly reveal that ksedlar had proxied to me wasn't a mistake; I realized she was alive and jumped at the chance to make a proxy chain that had looped back through me a bit less embarrassing by "outing" Katie, hoping to bait a trap by seeming to give people a look into a proxy chain that they shouldn't've had. It didn't accomplish anything, but also didn't hurt.
-I tried explaining this to Katie protected by the kitchen-dining room sound barrier, but it failed and leaked. (I thought that sound barrier was a lot stronger than it is, apparently.)
-Dgrazian did in fact want to execute someone relatively guilty, and his second choice lynch target was even (correctly) Jackie, but I as an actually innocent person couldn't convince him I was innocent. Also, line did in fact email him to confirm, but he didn't think to check his email, only (repeatedly) PMs and gchat. I guess I could've told him to check his email specifically, but I don't blame myself too much for this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 pm 
That pesto was lynched instead of jackie feels so unnecessary...sorry to whine, it doesn't even really seem to be anyone's fault, just really sad for town.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 pm 
I didn't want to execute jackie because ksedlar seemed to trust her when late-evening conversations began (and ksedlar seemed fairly innocent to me.)

Also, I can't claim too much credit for guessing the mafia. It was mostly about who had the opportunity to kill luke.