Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 (Sunday 9/18)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:23 am 
The game has begun! Discuss game matters here.

To vote, send me a Private message. Make the subject line "Day 1: "Vote for [person]" or "Day 1: Vote change from [person] to [person]." You can change your vote any time before midnight. The option to vote No-Lynch exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:46 pm 
One thing I want to make clear: not voting is not the same thing as voting "no lynch." If more people vote "no lynch" than vote for any single person, then nobody is lynched. If, say, only one person votes, and that person votes for X then X is lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm 
AKA use No Lynch to sway a vote and spare a life.

Don't vote if you want to look suspicious/forgetful and let the town make a decision without you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:03 pm 
Don't forget to vote. Otherwise the mafia can have a free kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:40 pm 
So guys.... Umm like it's 11:40 and no discussion has happened? We should probably figure out some sort of decision... even if it's no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:42 pm 
Well I'm gonna assume people don't check this enough to reply before midnight. I'm going no lynch, we don't really enough info yet. Somebody should say something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:49 pm 
agreed, there really isn't any information at all.. I thought that someone had to die before midnight? oh well, time is pretty much up, I'm just going to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
Phillip accused Patrick of saying "If I were Mafia, I'd kill you and take your search warrant," which is mildly suspicious, though probably just trolling.

Despite being asked repeatedly to post this statement on the forum, Philip did not (which is why I'm posting this instead). That is also mildly suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
Phillip accused Patrick of saying "If I were Mafia, I'd kill you and take your search warrant," which is mildly suspicious, though probably just trolling.

Despite being asked repeatedly to post this statement on the forum, Philip did not (which is why I'm posting this instead). That is also mildly suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 pm 
Quick: Are we lynching someone? Lynching someone at random is strategically better to no-lynch, since it denies Mafia another free chance to kill someone. But it feels just mean to kill someone on day 1 for no reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm 
I'm voting for Patrick, though no-lynch will probably win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm 
I'm voting for Phillip. There's a group of us who are splitting our votes to set up tie breaks for later if people decide to vote no lynch today. I'm listening to Alex right now. Too tired to really think about plans right now and I trust him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm 
Philip was asked to bring his search warrant to foo really quickly in case he is lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm 
Sorry, I rushed. I meant to BMF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:03 pm 
I too am voting to lynch Patrick because Alex is advising me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:06 pm 
Dudes! I hope you're not doing stuff just because I suggest it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 pm 
Let me explain the "setting up tiebreaks" to those unclear about the term. The tiebreak mechanic means that when votes to lynch are tied, you first look back to the previous day to see had more votes, then the day before, and so on. This might seem minor, but affected the last game hugely.

So, if someone is suspicious, but not enough to lynch them now, it might be worth it to have one person put it a vote for the suspicious party, in case they are suspected more in the future, and a vote against them needs to be pushed through against Mafia opposition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 pm 
Well, for the moment, I trust you because you've played this game a lot and what you're saying kind of makes sense, Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 am 
I would just like to say that I wasn't told to bring the search warrant until one minute before midnight, and I didn't post about the incident because I did not want to be the first person to shout accusations before I understood Patrick's full intentions. I just wanted to scout some opinions about the matter first, but I didn't want to throw all suspicion on Patrick just because of a silly comment and hilarious chase throughout the dorm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 am 
Hilarious chase through the dorm? Please do tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:42 am 
Philip didn't want to give me his search warrant, so he ran up to his brother's room to hide. I told him he couldn't hide forever.