Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Attempted Killing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 pm 
At 8:43 in Foo, during NMF study break, Bobby has hired as a hitman and tried to kill dgrazian. He failed due to medkit.

Post subject: Re: Attempted Killing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:45 pm 
This was really really public (and hilarious) - abergal, me, krue and isaacg were all here and saw Bobby try to kill dgrazian.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 pm 
This implies that DGrazian was not a conscript as of 8:43, barring serious double bluffage. If the last mafia count was previously agreed as having shown conscription to have been used, I no longer want to impeach DGrazian as much. Especially since he no longer has quite as much power as previously, as one of his proxied investigators has revealed and his gay knight contact is dead.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:53 pm 
Honestly, you shouldn't not want to impeach me because of the hitman thing. That could easily be planned by the mafia and at little risk. You should reasonably trust me because of the the lucia incident yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 pm 
I also trust Daniel Grazian, though for a different reason. Hiring a hitman to prove your innocence is a good play, if you're a mafia with a medkit. I trust him because he was the one who caught out Lucia yesterday, and I don't believe he was conscripted before he made his mafia count, which shows a conscription had happened at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:58 pm 
Second time I've survived a hitman kill with the medkit... This happened once in another game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm 
Also, I completely agree with people saying that there are two many threads. Everything should go into a single thread for the day, except for when it's REALLY important.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:42 pm 
Here's the question: why was this hitman kill attempted in a blatantly public location? One of the best qualities about a successful hitman kill is that it burns investigations, and because the hitman can be asked to do anything, like "wait until he's alone" or "find him when he's alone" or "don't fucking do it in a room filled with other players". There's also no reason not to have used bring out the big guns here, because it should make sense for the town to have some item on the mayor in case he got attacked. Sadly, it was a medkit blown and not a microphone-receiver, but these are pretty significant mistakes for the mafia to make.

I tend to have high enough confidence in the mafia's abilities to believe that they wouldn't make so many errors when it comes to using their powers. I am pretty skeptical of evidence for innocence that also involves the mafia acting in silly ways.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 pm 
++shike

I don't buy the "dgrazian is innocent because he had a hit on him" argument because of how badly it was done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:22 pm 
I agree with Shike now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:36 am 
As per the posts above, I also agree with shike. The hitman-thing was evidence in my favor but rather weak. There are much better reasons why you should think I am innocent :D

As for why they did the public hitman: either it was a mistake, or the mafia/hitman were concerned they were running out of time for the hit. In most previous games, hitman kills have been in public. Which is almost always a mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:08 am 
Hi guys. Eric just tried to kill me with a bang outside 16-668. I was ironheart for the day(superhero).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:15 am 
This was at approx 12.00. We just had a French exam. Details later, another test now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 am 
Today lynch mannes and tomorrow yenlin? Exactly one of them is mafia or people are playing very sub-optimally.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:30 am 
Clarification. Eric yang, not Mannes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 pm 
I suspect one lynch will be sufficient for this incident...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]