Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Day 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:19 pm 
That is really unfortunate. It's really important to have a mayor and police officer.

The mafia have a substantial advantage in this game, unless we are all playing actively.

Let's make sure petitions get finished tomorrow. And investigators please make investigations!

Post subject: Re: Day 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:46 pm 
People playing mafia currently at Rocky horror picture show: abergal, isaacg, shikexue, inisley, ksedlar.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:47 pm 
A cautionary note: Alibis tend to be bidirectional. Be very, very careful about using someone as an alibi if they weren't there the whole time, because people will (incorrectly) assume that both of you were together the entire time.

Right now, there are two or three people using me as their alibi. However, I was moving around and talking to people during the time (plus or minus an hour) that DMZ was killed. So I am NOT a good alibi source for those people (since they could totally have moved from one place to another for a few minutes and I'd have been ignorant of it) and I am NOT trustworthy just because several people say I was nearby for some fraction of that critical time period. I don't want it to become a precedent for one person to provide alibis for several other people, because this is dangerous and can create a false sense of security.

TL;DR: If an alibi isn't bidirectional, it isn't a strong alibi.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:23 am 
Hardcore tooling in my room all day today :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:44 pm 
The petitions are now in my room on BMF. Come find me to sign them, if you haven't already!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm 
Can we start planning a "random" lynch right now so we don't all vote no-lynch for lack of coordination?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:07 pm 
That started last night with Mannes

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]