Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 am 
For people who weren't there, here are the key events that happened last night.

After discussing who to investigate, we determined Jk, tjhance, and Yenlin to be the most likely perpetrators of yesterday's murder. I investigated (as mayor) Jk and got a positive.

From what I've heard Jk essentially admitted being mafia. He was going eenie mienne miny moe deciding who to kill

Aok took Jk into another room alone. They came back with Jk dead, aok claiming to have prophet-smited him (note aok claimed prophet to me the day before.

Unfortunately, since aok did not do the smiling publicly, we have no way to verify whether he was prophet or mafia. So there were two cases:

Case 1: he is mafia and we wanted to lynch him

Case 2: he is a used-up prophet, who we can never trust (because of the strong possibility of case 1) and the mafia can kill him for free with Set a Trap anytime, since they know he is prophet. So if he is a Townsperson he is basically useless.

Therefore aok was lynched.

Krue used a shovel immediately after aok's death to determine his role. His role was mafia. So either he was mafia or the mafia used their once per game graveyard manipulation ability to make him appear to be mafia.

We have been considering whether I should use one of the mayors uses of Count the mafia to try to verify what happened. Please feel free to give your input; otherwise I will make a unilateral decision.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 am 
How does Shady Contacts deal with rogues? That would be good to know before deciding.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 am 
I would assume it counts full mafia (including conscript.) Josh, please confirm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 am 
I don't know if it's a good idea to use that this early in the game. There is only one questionable ghost right now, so maybe we should save that for later when there are more sketchy ghosts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am 
I think you should wait and use it later

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:15 am 
[quote="Daniel Grazian"]Unfortunately, since aok did not do the smiling publicly[/quote]

What're you talking about, aok always smiles publicly! </offtopic>

More seriously though, don't use the count mafia ability right now. There are 3 possible answers you could get if you counted the mafia: 5, 4, and 3.* If 5, we know that aok was not mafia (i.e. plant evidence has been used), AND conscript has been used. If 3, we know that aok was mafia (i.e. plant evidence has not been used), AND conscript has not been used. If 4, we know that either 1) aok was not mafia, AND conscript has not been used, or 2) aok was mafia, AND conscript has been used.

(* This is assuming that jk was mafia, which is very likely given that two separate investigations confirmed he was dmz's killer.)

If we get the answer 4, which in my opinion is the most likely scenario, we really haven't gained any useful information. If we get 3 or 5, then we know whether plant evidence and conscription have been used, but I don't think that information would be terribly useful in the town's decision-making at this point. I think the mafia-counting ability would be more useful to keep for later on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 am 
Mafia counts, when they occur do not include rogues and do include conscripts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:11 pm 
I see your point Lily, about how the most likely result for counting Mafia would not be definitive, but would like it used nonetheless. The main use of counting mafias is to check for the change in Mafia number, so we need a good baseline to compare to.

Said differently, not counting now will leave use two uses of the power, but it would be hard to get two good uses with the current uncertainty. Any future use of the power will also not be able to distinguish aok not being Mafia conscript having been used. Likely, we'd have to just use it twice, right before and right after a lynch of someone we suspect is Mafia, which is not bad, but takes two uses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 pm 
aok, public 'smitings' as mafia are much more effective than private ones ;)
Though, I'm pretty sure everyone is pretty suspicious about prophets nowadays...
:lol:

[quote="Daniel Grazian"]For people who weren't there, here are the key events that happened last night.

After discussing who to investigate, we determined Jk, tjhance, and Yenlin to be the most likely perpetrators of yesterday's murder. I investigated (as mayor) Jk and got a positive.

From what I've heard Jk essentially admitted being mafia. He was going eenie mienne miny moe deciding who to kill

Aok took Jk into another room alone. They came back with Jk dead, aok claiming to have prophet-smited him (note aok claimed prophet to me the day before.

Unfortunately, since aok did not do the smiling publicly, we have no way to verify whether he was prophet or mafia. So there were two cases:

Case 1: he is mafia and we wanted to lynch him

Case 2: he is a used-up prophet, who we can never trust (because of the strong possibility of case 1) and the mafia can kill him for free with Set a Trap anytime, since they know he is prophet. So if he is a Townsperson he is basically useless.

Therefore aok was lynched.

Krue used a shovel immediately after aok's death to determine his role. His role was mafia. So either he was mafia or the mafia used their once per game graveyard manipulation ability to make him appear to be mafia.

We have been considering whether I should use one of the mayors uses of Count the mafia to try to verify what happened. Please feel free to give your input; otherwise I will make a unilateral decision.[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 pm 
Can people please avoid quoting entire forum posts, especially since the thing that formats it isn't working right? It's really annoying to see a super long post that only has like one line of information that hasn't already been posted.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]